Sports Interactive Community
phd_angel

Coaching Job In Real Life?

I just saw FM19 trailler (congrats, nice production), and wonder, has any SI FM gamer actually got a job as a coach or ass coach IRL, based on skills gained with FM?... (I recall I might have watched a video about that a couple of years ago, but it was a bit vague...). Interesting...

Google Vusar Huseynzade - he got a job at FC Baku in Azerbaijan after apparently writing his CV based on Football Manager.

I seem to remember Altrincham advertising the job, and actually putting 'Football Manager history will not be accepted as a CV' or words to that effect in the advert

18 minutes ago, Snorks said:

I seem to remember Altrincham advertising the job, and actually putting 'Football Manager history will not be accepted as a CV' or words to that effect in the advert

There's been quite the increase in people apply for jobs based off their Football Manager experience and now there are many clubs that do this. I find it rather funny that it has got to this.

I've been a coach for a year, now preparing my U-15 side for the upcoming season. Easily the best thing in my life.

36 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I've been a coach for a year, now preparing my U-15 side for the upcoming season. Easily the best thing in my life.

I'll be honest, when my kids started playing I took on a coach role at the local club - while it wasn't because of FM proficiency, I did utilise some similar approaches.

Even after my girls wandered into different sports,  I carried on coaching - loved it.

I was a coach for AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization), but gave up because dealing with annoying parents and uninterested children (pressured by their parents to play) was unbearable after a while.

Edited by phd_angel

11 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

I was a coach for AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization), but gave up because dealing with annoying parents and uninterested children (pressured by their parents to play) was unbearable after a while.

The parents were one reason  I left it as well. My u10s came third in the nationals, on goal difference, and the blowback I got was unbelievable!

Coaching a 9-10 years old kids football team. One of the greatest thing happened in my life lately. The parents are a worldwide problem, but we're lucky on that aspect too, being them nice and kind, but I perfectly know It won't be like that forever.

And it's just great to live again what I lived myself when I was that young, but being on the other side.

I better start planning the new season trainings now..

I actually made it into the winter update of FM18 haha

Greatest achievement ever!

I've always said that I would keep playing FM until I'm actually in the game as a coach, but I don't think I'll keep my word, FM is too good!!!

1 hour ago, DrIgz said:

I actually made it into the winter update of FM18 haha

Greatest achievement ever!

I've always said that I would keep playing FM until I'm actually in the game as a coach, but I don't think I'll keep my word, FM is too good!!!

Wow, can you explain how did it happen? Did you have to edit or something?

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Wow, can you explain how did it happen? Did you have to edit or something?

No, I'm a coach in real life, have been for 7 years (not full time, mind you).

Finally made it to a level high enough to be included :)

one of FMFan.ru community members (official russian language community) became Data Analyst and worked in Terek (now Akhmat) and Kazakhstan national team

7 hours ago, DrIgz said:

No, I'm a coach in real life, have been for 7 years (not full time, mind you).

Finally made it to a level high enough to be included :)

Congrats! I have a friend who is a scout for Chelsea and his profile is also in FM.

Did you use your SI FM skills to become a coach?  Is FM skills seen as "legit" or a joke among coaches?

1 ora fa, phd_angel ha scritto:

Is FM skills seen as "legit" or a joke among coaches?

what FM skills might be useful for coaching in your opinion? 

24 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

what FM skills might be useful for coaching in your opinion? 

Delegating all the boring bits to ass.man :D

Or really detailed pressing tactical assignments 'close down sometimes'... Kloppesque stuff

I remember a guy called Matt Neil, who used to play FM few years ago, was part of Plymouth staff as analyst? Remember he was videoing the seniors and youth and giving feedbacks to the manager?

I am not sure if he's still doing it or moved on to something different?

Edited by john1