Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ClemB said:

People are looking for new; not for small details.

The game has been the same since 2014 and its getting boring imo.

People?  You wouldn't be talking for everyone with your opinions, would you?

If you can't see that the game has changed in 5 years, then you're quite frankly wrong.  Saying you haven't liked any of the changes would be fine, completely understandable, but saying the game has been the same just makes you look a bit silly.

Can we confidently say that FM has better match engine or graphics than LMA manager final release? 

Stop making excuses for FM. They make a lot of money, they can/should of made much bigger changes.

The game is not changing or evolving, just a few little hard coded upgrades every year for tactics etc. If FM shouldn’t be criticsed then they should of kept 2D and never released a poor 3D engine. 

11 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

You don´t seem to get that the big tactical overhaul is just a potemkin village as long as the match engine isn´t capable of displaying it.

That's fundamental! But many tactics masters doesn't understand that, give them a bunch of sliders, screena and they rejoice like kiddos, no matter it doesn't have any representation on the pitch 😂😂😂 no! They are fookin Mourinho's and shut your mouth 🤣

Edited by armbi

Just now, akm.91 said:

Can we confidently say that FM has better match engine or graphics than LMA manager final release? 

Stop making excuses for FM. They make a lot of money, they can/should of made much bigger changes.

The game is not changing or evolving, just a few little hard coded upgrades every year for tactics etc. If FM shouldn’t be criticsed then they should of kept 2D and never released a poor 3D engine. 

You can't serioulsy compare the LMA series match engine to FM's?

I bought 17 and 18 but i won't buy 19. Because you didn't made any differences from 18. Just a bit make-up and 19 is ready! We don't need new interface,  why do you make new interfaces every year? I'm done with it.  We don't need var system, watching trainings. You must make better ai! You must improve tactical things! Goodbye FM!

Although i changed my playstyle from 3D to 2D lately, i'd rather have a poor 3D engine than none at all..  its still nice to watch the highlights in 3D

(for the sake of immersion - not so much for tactics/management)

Edited by meebee

18 minutes ago, forameuss said:

As always, the best improvements to the game will be the ones that don't get talked about.  The minor things that all make the experience that little bit better.  

This, pretty much. A couple of small new features I liked in FM17 were double-barrelled newgen surnames and newgen female staff members. I'm sure there'll be a few little nuggets in FM19 that SI will either mention only in passing or just leave for us to discover.

8 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

If you're only playing Football Manager for the 3D engine you're playing the wrong game my friend

I'd imagine a lot of us are like me and have played FM in days of 'only commentary' Personally I could still play like that now or in 2D. Its the FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT side of the game that is most important.

Edited by Chris21

il y a 3 minutes, forameuss a dit :

People?  You wouldn't be talking for everyone with your opinions, would you?

If you can't see that the game has changed in 5 years, then you're quite frankly wrong.  Saying you haven't liked any of the changes would be fine, completely understandable, but saying the game has been the same just makes you look a bit silly.

Assuming video game consumers dont like big new features was a mistake ? my bad

It has barely changed. Some minor tweaks and the 3D looks the same. You would expect much more in 5 years.

1 minute ago, ClemB said:

Assuming video game consumers dont like big new features was a mistake ? my bad

It has barely changed. Some minor tweaks and the 3D looks the same. You would expect much more in 5 years.

No, but taking your own opinions and projecting them doesn't really work.  There will be people happy with these features, and there will be people who are a lot happier to wait and see how they play before making any kind of tear-stained statement about how nothing ever changes.

So it's now gone from "nothing has changed" to "minor tweaks".  And the 3D doesn't look the same.  It still doesn't look that good, but it demonstrably isn't the same.  

Out of interest, you say nothing has changed in five years.  Did you buy a copy each year?  If so, why?  And if not, then how can you say nothing changed?

2 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

If you're only playing Football Manager for the 3D engine you're playing the wrong game my friend

I'd imagine a lot of us are like me and have played FM in days of 'only commentary' Personally I could still play like that now or in 2D. Its the FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT side of the game that is most important.

Sorry, but it’s a poor excuse.

FM made the big song and dance over the 3D engine. YouTube videos, constant Twitter/Facebook posts. They promoted this. Now they should get criticised when it’s no longer evolving.

Of course we are here for the management side of things. But we want a unique/realistic experience. Is it too hard for this game to even slightly resemble real life football? Match days are tedious on the game, everything is generic and recycled over and over again. 

They can and should do more. 

2 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

So you really trying to say that additional tactics screens, modes, sliders are enough to feel football realism??? So you just get satisfaction from moving some sliders, no matter what you will see on the pitch??? Isn't it better then to go just with text match broadcasting?

3 minutes ago, armbi said:

So you really trying to say that additional tactics screens, modes, sliders are enough to feel football realism??? So you just get satisfaction from moving some sliders, no matter what you will see on the pitch??? Isn't it better then to go just with text match broadcasting?

Football management realism. Again if I wanted to see everything looking pretty I'd play manager mode in Fifa

2 minutes ago, armbi said:

You are just flat out lying here now.

il y a 1 minute, forameuss a dit :

No, but taking your own opinions and projecting them doesn't really work.  There will be people happy with these features, and there will be people who are a lot happier to wait and see how they play before making any kind of tear-stained statement about how nothing ever changes.

So it's now gone from "nothing has changed" to "minor tweaks".  And the 3D doesn't look the same.  It still doesn't look that good, but it demonstrably isn't the same.  

Out of interest, you say nothing has changed in five years.  Did you buy a copy each year?  If so, why?  And if not, then how can you say nothing changed?

Obviously nothing has changed was an hyperbola.

I've been buying a copy every year since 2005. Why? I love the game. But i still feel SI could do a looooot more. Also i've been reporting some issues for years on this forum and many of them have not been fixed.

SI lack of creativity imo. They need to think more outside the box so we can have some real new features. I've many ideas but unfortunately i dont work for SI :)

Just now, ClemB said:

Obviously nothing has changed was an hyperbola.

I've been buying a copy every year since 2005. Why? I love the game. But i still feel SI could do a looooot more. Also i've been reporting some issues for years on this forum and many of them have not been fixed.

SI lack of creativity imo. They need to think more outside the box so we can have some real new features. I've many ideas but unfortunately i dont work for SI :)

They have a features list that runs into the 1000's of ideas, and have features set for the next 3 iterations. But features actually time, and development. They aren't just plucked out of the, and hey presto, its in the game. So saying they lack creatively is flat out wrong, and frankly a little insulting.

Everyone wants to leave their opinions and feedback behind, but may i point out that people should be respectful while doing so.