Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
On 19/08/2018 at 18:44, Federico said:

Among the many things I'd like to see improved/changed/removed, I expect somebody at SI realises hip injuries are extremely rare in football and only players at the end of their careers "seem" to suffer it. I wasn't able to find any statistic about it, but I watch football since +30 years now, and I honestly have never heard someone being out 2-3 months for this specific injury. And surely not with figures FM is producing.

Could you give me a little more detail on the hip injuries Federico? If you have some solid examples get them posted in our bugs forum and I'll take a look. This is not something I immediately agree with but I would be happy to look into it.

On 16/08/2018 at 12:03, SortitoutsiVP said:

Anyone else like me and just buy the game every year regardless of any improvements purely because that's what they have done since 1992?

Same here mate!

1 ora fa, Seb Wassell ha scritto:

Could you give me a little more detail on the hip injuries Federico? If you have some solid examples get them posted in our bugs forum and I'll take a look. This is not something I immediately agree with but I would be happy to look into it.

Hi Seb, I hope you are well :)

I raised a thread in the proper forum and uploaded a savegame on the public server, hoping it'll be useful for you.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/444999-high-number-of-hip-injuries/

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Federico said:

Hi Seb, I hope you are well :)

I raised a thread in the proper forum and uploaded a savegame on the public server, hoping it'll be useful for you.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/444999-high-number-of-hip-injuries/

On it.

And.... press conferences. I hope you worked on them. I just had a 19 questions press conference. NINETEEN.

This is crazy. I don't want my assistant to attend'em, I'd be happy (*cough cough*) to play this mini-game but 3-5 questions at max. Not 19. This is crazy. I admit after the 7th question I smashed the "no comment" button as I used to do with Track&Field.

3 minutes ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

I honestly think press conferences could be dumped entirely without spoiling the game. They are Chinese Water Torture at best.

For the first time in 20+ years of playing the game, I let my AM do the press conferences this year- at least this stops the continual questions about the " so-called war of words " against managers that I have never said a word against before!

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

For the first time in 20+ years of playing the game, I let my AM do the press conferences this year- at least this stops the continual questions about the " so-called war of words " against managers that I have never said a word against before!

Is leaving to your assman actually causing any harm - morale, relationships with players or anything?

5 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Is leaving to your assman actually causing any harm - morale, relationships with players or anything?

Not that I have noticed.  My AM has bettter attributes that I do, so I leave it to him.  I still do the pre-game, half time and full time team talks but leave the match prep to him and this seems to work out OK.

What about data processing speed? Any improvements are good, but I want to play FM, not waiting of loadings between games.
As I know games like FM or Cities Skylines not very suitable for basic PC which adaptade for 3D actions?
But really hope to more quickly data processing and possibility to use big data base :) 

War of words? Annoying, but what drive me nuts is when you don't answer a question and the following one is "The people want to know..." and here the same question repeated. And if you don't answer again, here we go with the third "The people want absolutely to know...".

It's sick.

17 minutes ago, Federico said:

War of words? Annoying, but what drive me nuts is when you don't answer a question and the following one is "The people want to know..." and here the same question repeated. And if you don't answer again, here we go with the third "The people want absolutely to know...".

It's sick.

My sickening Question

Asking why a Backup player isn't selected who played last match and add the People Absolutely want to know question, when you are heading to match. If you say he is just being rested to escape the next question will be what is the point of choosing your starter for that position. He is My starter damn it :D 

TBH i hope they either improve Media interactions or just disable them. Im playing this from 16 and for 3 versions its still the same questions and answers. 

My press conference pet peeve, from managing England in FM17:

April 2018: "Southampton manager Claude Puel has spoken passionately regarding Charlie Austin's chances of an international call-up. Is the player on your radar?"

He's scored seven goals in 25 league appearances. What do you think?

August 2018: "Southampton manager Claude Puel has spoken passionately regarding Charlie Austin's chances of an international call-up. Is the player on your radar?"

Not this again. What do you think?

June 2019: "Southampton manager Manuel Pellegrini has spoken passionately regarding Charlie Austin's chances of an international call-up. Is the player on your radar?"

He's scored two goals in 14 league appearances. What do you think?

March 2020: "Southampton manager Carlo Cudicini has spoken passionately regarding Charlie Austin's chances of an international call-up. Is the player on your radar?"

He's not scored all season and is about to be released. What do you think?

So, yeah, I'd like to see significant improvements to press conferences in FM19, else I'll just leave them to my assistant from now on.

5 ore fa, phnompenhandy ha scritto:

Yes it is for me.

That's why I'm reluctant on letting my assman to attend PCs.

And the last thing I want to say about PCs, and then I'm done with this subject, is the massive, absurd quantity of lines I have to read before answering. 2 lines from a question and 2-3 lines for each answer x 5 possible answers.

Luckily everything is so boring and repetitive I just need the first couple of words to click the right one.

The Lord of the Rings was less demanding.

I like the fact they want to translate what happens IRL to the game, but I play a game because I want to evade from real life. If you bring into it even the boring, tedious, useless things... what's the meaning of playing a game then?

23 minutes ago, Federico said:

but I play a game because I want to evade from real life. If you bring into it even the boring, tedious, useless things... what's the meaning of playing a game then?

It is a simulator more than a game and that's why we love it. They shouldn't move it out just make these press conferences more realistic.. 

Edited by Sheriff7

Really mate if you can't understand what I meant this isn't my fault.. I don't say it replace real life I just said this is more a simulator than a game like Pro for example.. You must read, think, build a strategy and take the right decisions ++.. 

Edited by Sheriff7

On 06/08/2018 at 18:01, Neil Brock said:

Apologies, there was an error which has since been corrected. No Linux version this year. As Miles' stated on twitter, it was no longer financially viable:

Turnover raised last year by £5,000,000 and you had a positive gain towards profits of £2,400,000 from the year before and that's not counting the parent company that runs at a £124,000,000 operating profit.  So it's not that you couldn't afford it.

I've been playing SI Games since CM2 and the small but trustworthy company that you were, a passion project by two brothers and some friends roped in who loved football and were desperate to develop a great game, has been replaced by pretty much every dickish big game development studio trope that you can muster.  Pay 2 win, microtransactions, pre-order bonuses, hell even pre-order with no announced features.  Why not just stick Messi and Ronaldo in loot boxes in the game and be done with it?

And with SteamPlay coming into beta and Valve actively attempting to push more gamers onto Linux, what a brilliant piece of strategic planning by you lot as per usual.

32 minutes ago, damocles said:

Turnover raised last year by £5,000,000 and you had a positive gain towards profits of £2,400,000 from the year before and that's not counting the parent company that runs at a £124,000,000 operating profit.  So it's not that you couldn't afford it.

Yeah, that'll be it.  Instead of it being completely down to completely believable cost/benefit analysis, they're clearly lying through their teeth, and there's a big sinister conspiracy as to why they dropped the Linux version.  I'd definitely believe someone howling at the moon, as opposed to SI who actually have the data to back themselves up.

36 minutes ago, damocles said:

I've been playing SI Games since CM2 and the small but trustworthy company that you were, a passion project by two brothers and some friends roped in who loved football and were desperate to develop a great game, has been replaced by pretty much every ****ish big game development studio trope that you can muster.  Pay 2 win, microtransactions, pre-order bonuses, hell even pre-order with no announced features.  Why not just stick Messi and Ronaldo in loot boxes in the game and be done with it?

Forgive me for being naive, but what part of FM is pay-to-win, exactly?

As others have said, dropping FM on Linux is nothing more than a regrettable but sensible decision to axe something that isn't financially viable for SI.

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

Yeah, that'll be it.  Instead of it being completely down to completely believable cost/benefit analysis, they're clearly lying through their teeth, and there's a big sinister conspiracy as to why they dropped the Linux version.  I'd definitely believe someone howling at the moon, as opposed to SI who actually have the data to back themselves up.

Yeah game developers never lie or mislead the public over their games or decisions.

Anyway, can't stay here all night.  I'm off to play Fable and No Mans Sky.

And nobody said they didn't do a CBA.  I said that they could afford it either way and are bigger now then they've ever been.

8 hours ago, damocles said:

I've been playing SI Games since CM2 and the small but trustworthy company that you were, a passion project by two brothers and some friends roped in who loved football and were desperate to develop a great game, has been replaced by pretty much every dickish big game development studio trope that you can muster.  Pay 2 win, microtransactions, pre-order bonuses, hell even pre-order with no announced features.  Why not just stick Messi and Ronaldo in loot boxes in the game and be done with it?

And with SteamPlay coming into beta and Valve actively attempting to push more gamers onto Linux, what a brilliant piece of strategic planning by you lot as per usual.

You spoke generally there but.I'm pretty sure Miles meant profits from LINUX version didn't cover cost for LINUX version not from Fm generally.. 

11 hours ago, damocles said:

Yeah game developers never lie or mislead the public over their games or decisions.

And nobody said they didn't do a CBA.  I said that they could afford it either way and are bigger now then they've ever been.

When I grow up, I hope I can be as snarky and use as many tenuous references as you, I really do.

It's coming ̶h̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶ to Germany!

Following various media, it seems SI have now started to market their game in Germany. They've been a presence at Gamescom (even though no actually game is shown... ,), doing a couple interviews, letting the biggest German PC games mag do a tour of SI towers* (which brought about the so far untold exclusive story that SI are in talks with Universal about FOotball Manager, the movie, and that is for realz :)). By FM lingo, it all comes off as a little "complacent" though, down to the slogans and parts of the interviews. Like, we're the world's best selling management game, and we're super confident that the Germans will just love us and greet us with open arms straight away. It may be true that historically German is/used to be the second biggest market for management games, right up until Fifa Manager got canned (just was never a big enough market for EA).

It also may be true that  this market hasn't actually seen a fully budget management games in five years now. Let alone one that carries a Bundesliga license. Still, half a decade is a long time, and markets and people change, in particular if that "market" has been dormant for so long. SI had it really rough when they were actually still published in Germany. Not merely  because of locally developed, fiercely favored competition. But because of that competition used to be of a slightly different ilk; in On The Ball and Bundesliga Manager players got to run clubs pretyt much wholesale, down to the financial parts (which many a German still finds missing in FM). Doing it the former publisher way and just slapping Hitzfeld onto a box cover just wasn't enough back then with CM, naturally.

I think really "cracking" it or selling the numbers that Fifa Manager used to sell will be a challenge, personally. I don't think it will happen overnight, e.g. right with FM 2019, anyway. Still curious though. :)

* taken by an editor who has been a part of German football management communities long before he became a games mag editor, and who has been an FM player for about just as long as well.

Edited by Svenc

On 25/08/2018 at 11:38, Federico said:

Yes it is for me.

That's why I'm reluctant on letting my assman to attend PCs.

And the last thing I want to say about PCs, and then I'm done with this subject, is the massive, absurd quantity of lines I have to read before answering. 2 lines from a question and 2-3 lines for each answer x 5 possible answers.

Luckily everything is so boring and repetitive I just need the first couple of words to click the right one.

The Lord of the Rings was less demanding.

I like the fact they want to translate what happens IRL to the game, but I play a game because I want to evade from real life. If you bring into it even the boring, tedious, useless things... what's the meaning of playing a game then?

You could make it as a choice wheel like in some RPG's: Red box means agressive answer, green is a nice answer and such.

It would make PC's go by faster and be less tedious, but I don't think it would fit the game.

Also just had a PC with a load of questions I didn't bother to read. Most of the time I just play nice and don't start a fight with other managers so I also just read the start of the phrase because I know them by heart now.

15 hours ago, CFuller said:

As others have said, dropping FM on Linux is nothing more than a regrettable but sensible decision to axe something that isn't financially viable for SI.

Linux represents 0.49% (a percentage that's decreased since the last survey) of the steam player base. If that number is similar for FM, then I'm surprised it was supported for this long to be honest. Saddening for those on the platform, but no real surprise. 

This is what i expect for FM19:

training revamp

add match atmosphere (fans increase their importance during the match)

reputation screen: watch in all the countries how your club is Known

More players activity with media

Players warm up during the game

players reaction (connect to match atmosphere) on real time result of other matches at the same time of your games 

more international interactions/dynamics

have the possibility to manage youth/reserve team (without 1st team i mean)

Edited by Matteo3champions

On 26/08/2018 at 00:07, damocles said:

6a00d8341c72e153ef01b8d10c3c2d970c-800wi

I bought the game 5 mins ago. But I have some doubts that does my pc performance enough for the FM 2019?
Because when I play fm 2018 with new pc, game performance were 3 stars. My pc has 16 GB RAM, INTEL i7-6700HQ 2,60 GHZ, GEFORCE GTX 950M 4GB LENOVO IDEAPD 700.  I

Can somebody answer my doubts?

12 minuti fa, rasoljk ha scritto:

I bought the game 5 mins ago. But I have some doubts that does my pc performance enough for the FM 2019?
Because when I play fm 2018 with new pc, game performance were 3 stars. My pc has 16 GB RAM, INTEL i7-6700HQ 2,60 GHZ, GEFORCE GTX 950M 4GB LENOVO IDEAPD 700.  I

more than good enough for next 5 years.

19 hours ago, rasoljk said:

That will be fine, how many leagues / nations you running?

For the first time this year, I completed the second season on FM18.

The Champions League has been won by Tottenham the first season and Manchester Utd the second.

How weird to see british teams in FM winning continental comps, ain't it.

8 hours ago, Federico said:

For the first time this year, I completed the second season on FM18.

The Champions League has been won by Tottenham the first season and Manchester Utd the second.

How weird to see british teams in FM winning continental comps, ain't it.

Yeah, amazing that with all the other inputs that you didn't get in real life, two rich teams from the richest league in the World win a continental competition.  Shocking.

British teams are the richest in real life too, although I'm not seeing them that competitive, and it's truly shocking considering that realism is considered as one of the biggest priorities.

And it's not like a thing happening only on FM18 you know. I think it's like this since ever?

But yeah I assume it depends on leagues loaded, details and so on.

31 minutes ago, Federico said:

British teams are the richest in real life too, although I'm not seeing them that competitive, and it's truly shocking considering that realism is considered as one of the biggest priorities.

And it's not like a thing happening only on FM18 you know. I think it's like this since ever?

But yeah I assume it depends on leagues loaded, details and so on.

We're not talking about Lincoln Red Imps winning it, two perfectly realistic options.  One of which occurs in a year that hasn't even happened yet in real life. 

If you're expecting the game to follow what happened in real life for one year it had no knowledge of, and one year we don't even have perspective on yet, then you're going to be eternally disappointed.  The game has only ever been an approximation of realism that degrades gradually the minute you press continue for the first time.

4 ore fa, forameuss ha scritto:

We're not talking about Lincoln Red Imps winning it, two perfectly realistic options.  One of which occurs in a year that hasn't even happened yet in real life. 

If you're expecting the game to follow what happened in real life for one year it had no knowledge of, and one year we don't even have perspective on yet, then you're going to be eternally disappointed.  The game has only ever been an approximation of realism that degrades gradually the minute you press continue for the first time.

I agree. But it's always surprising, for me, to see british team performances being so prominents in continental tournaments while spanish teams, in example, are not, especially in early years.

Edit: well, on second thought I actually disagree. As said before this has been a tantra since... when? CM times? But this was discussed so many times along decades and in every iteration of FM so probably I raised a pointless argument.

Il 24/8/2018 in 22:43 , Federico ha scritto:

And.... press conferences. I hope you worked on them. I just had a 19 questions press conference. NINETEEN.

This is crazy. I don't want my assistant to attend'em, I'd be happy (*cough cough*) to play this mini-game but 3-5 questions at max. Not 19. This is crazy. I admit after the 7th question I smashed the "no comment" button as I used to do with Track&Field.

I just set a new record with 26 questions.

Am I right in thinking, that the Demo would come out on the day of release also?

Only reason I ask is that I wonder whether my 2014 MacBook Air, i7 1.8 Ghz, will be able to handle the game?

I am currently playing FM17 and it handles it perfectly, so would also be interested to know whether people think my current laptop will cope the same with FM19?

On 25/08/2018 at 20:33, CFuller said:

FM Touch has micro transactions rather than an editor. You pay for £50m in the bank or to remove injuries etc 

12 minutes ago, craiigman said:

FM Touch has micro transactions rather than an editor. You pay for £50m in the bank or to remove injuries etc 

Yes, I was aware of those. I don't see anything in the main game, though, that feels remotely like pay-to-win.

24 minutes ago, trickz said:

Will Usain Bolt be in the game? 

Yes.

IF he has officially signed for a club in the database before the data lock deadline.