Promoting B team from inactive league

I have a question regarding promotion of clubs from inactive leagues. How does it work? I am playing with SD Huesca in 2020/2021 in La Liga. How can I get my B team promoted to Spanish 2nd Division? Does is happen on a certain day? Could I just keep reloading the game hoping that the team will gain promotion?

7 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

It is based on reputation of the teams, so you'd just have to wait for it to happen if the league the B team is in is inactive.

can you offer more detail? Is it based on the reputation of the 1st team? As surely you can't increase the reputation of the B team when its not playing games. Or do the reputations of the players in the B team affect it? Asking because I had a B team entirely full of Scandinavian and Czech u21s (and about half the Iceland national team) in FM17 in Norway and still couldn't get them promoted. First team were the most reputable club in the world as well.

The only way i could get my Stuttgart B team into 3.Liga on my Germany save was to use the ingame editor to artificially boost the B Teams reputation the day before the league switch over (and then drop it back down again).

I tried reloading the game about 30 times without success before I tried that way & it worked first time.

As has been said, it's a reputation thing and it's really hard to improve your B team's reputation. I think promotion from inactive leagues gives each team a percentage based on their reputation. So if your B team is a long way below the reputation of some of the other teams it's going to be very rare to see them promoted. If you don't want to use the editor, you will just have to keep reloading promotion day and hope you get lucky.

Archived