A career in England?! Fire and Blood!

MarcxD

2 hours ago, MarcxD said:

It was. I was able to sign him after his trial ended, though.

That was rough. But thanks anyway.

Kind of weird, didn't really check if I somehow offended him before or if that's just random. But it really shouldn't happen with youth prospects

I agree, maybe submit this to SI bug section?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rodesire said:

I agree, maybe submit this to SI bug section?

You could report it as a bug but it does happen in the real world. Spurs, the club I support, have lost a few kids this way in recent times and so have a few other big clubs. Some big prospects aren't prepared to wait for opportunities and turn down a scholarship.

Pre-Season + August 2030

pre_season_prediction.png

Predicted to finish 7th now, biggest team behind the classic top 6. Newcastle also up there with us. 

pre_season_transfers.png

The one name that you will know here is Gabriel Jesus, he is now in his thirties but could still do very well for a year or so. He's more or less a direct replacement of Morelos.

Apart from that a few new midfielders and defenders were signed, some rotational/first team some talents. 

pre_season_transfer_roundup.png

The most expensive transfer of this FM save so far happened this summer (apart from the Mbappe one of course).

Calor.png

Calor_2.png

Not his first big money move either...

pre_season_august.png

We started the year well, after a good pre-season. We did need a 95th minute winner against Arsenal, but smoother sailing in the other two games.

august_league_table.png

Starting in second though, after City. Who else...

pre_season_CL_draw.png

The CL group is some sort of joke, almost exactly the same as last year except this time we have Galatasaray instead of Celtic.

December 2030

december.png

Not a good month at all, a slump in form for my team in general and most annoyingly including my strikers. Terrible loss to Man Utd as well.

december_league_table.png

Dropped down from first but it's still very close at the top.

december_CL_group.png

We did enough to qualify for the knockout rounds this time around, but we'll have to perform better if we want to achieve anything in the CL. We actually got less points than last year, but so did RBL.

January 2031

january_signing.png

One new signing, a talented striker from Ecuador.

january_departures.png

Many departures. I decided to get rid of the deadwood, including G. Jesus. When I said that he would still be good enough... well I guess not. Overpaid and terrible performances. Young Andorran Lázaro has been developing pretty well and will now get first team football in Holland. 

january.png

We started by continuing the bad december form but we got back to winning ways.

january_league_table.png

Liverpool have a 7 point lead on us now, but all's still to play for... I hope

Youth Intake 2031

youth_intake.png

OMG! Great intake and this Andorran kid might be even better than the last one I got. Why would the game do this to me right when FM19 is around the corner though :(

yp14a.png

Lot of work but come on! He is Andorran!

yp14b.png

This guy looks insane from the start as well. 

March 2031

march.png

Still doing pretty well, and made it through to the next round of the Champions League.

march_CL_draw.png

Up next is a familiar team...

march_league_table.png

7 points behind Liverpool with 7 games to go, including one against them and a game against Manchester United. 

April 2031

april.png

Too bad, we couldn't beat Man City in the CL. Also out of the FA Cup, which was more of an unpleasant surprise. Perfect in the league though!

april_league_table.png

3 points behind Liverpool and we still play them - and Man Utd...

19 hours ago, john1 said:

So so close :( 

18 hours ago, kidthekid said:

tough one to take, but great job getting it to the final 2 games.

11 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Still a very good season.

Appreciate it guys, will just have to go for it again.

17 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Liverpool. Ugh.

Can you un-ironically tell someone that next year is "going to be your year" when their primary opposition is Liverpool?!

And the year beforehand was Man City. Have I landed in your nightmare world? I also just checked and saw Pep was Liverpool's manager for 7 years! Now it's 72-year old Ancelotti though.

Pre-Season + August 2031

pre-season-prediction.png

Still predicted to finish 7th, same odds as well I think.

pre-season-transfers.png

Not a very busy transfer summer if only because it's really hard to improve the squad without paying any money! Thomas Jean had been on loan for about 5 seasons, now I got him here permanently... he's no world beater but finding a natural WBL is not that easy. Kovacevic is a central defender while Soulaïmani is another WBL. 

No permanent outgoings - there have been offers but there's no reason at all for me to sell anyone.

pre-season-august.png

Great pre-season like every year, and while we started well in the league there was Liverpool again. 

august-league-table.png

They are the only team to start out perfectly...

pre-season-CL-draw.png

The CL group seems to be fairly kind this time around.

September 2031

september.png

What seemed to be a tough month in the league with games against Chelsea and Arsenal didn't turn out too bad! Of course I did jinx the CL group again by calling it kind, as we weren't able to win any of our two opening matches.

september-league-table.png

In first on equal points as Liverpool.

8 hours ago, MarcxD said:

And the year beforehand was Man City. Have I landed in your nightmare world? I also just checked and saw Pep was Liverpool's manager for 7 years! Now it's 72-year old Ancelotti though.

Sounds terrifying.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc0cc366c52786d6f

December 2031

december.png

Overall another strong month, although I was let down by the subs I let play in the EFL cup. 

december-league-table.png

In first now, with a nice little lead.

december-CL-group.png

Won the CL group for the first time, up next is (remarkably) Celtic.

January 2032

january-signings.png

january-departure.png

Three signings, Osmair the only one to get game time this season though, as there was only room for one non-home grown player in squad registration.

january.png

Another very strong month, including a huge win over Liverpool.

january-league-table.png

7 points lead, that looks lovely. 

February 2032 + Youth Intake

february.png

Perfect month and only one match in which we conceded goals! Hope I'm not jinxing it but definitely hopeful this could be the season.

february-league-table.png

Certainly in the PL it's looking bright...

february-youth-intake.png

Another good intake as well, just a sign of where the club's at right now...

April 2032

april.png

A lot of tough games, but overall I think we did pretty well, excluding the shock loss against 20th placed WBA in the league. Beat Man Utd pretty comfortably in the CL. Atlético beat us in the first game but two away goals keep us in it. Also still in the FA Cup.

april-league-table.png

Just need to remain calm and get some points in the last few matches and the title is ours.

april-youth-league-win.png

First youth league win for the club in the pocket, at least.

Season Review 2031-2032

post-season-season-review.png

Fantastic, it would've been amazing to get a clean sweep this season but close enough!

post-season-manager-of-the-year.png

post-season-best-eleven-31-32.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

Interesting to see some of the lower league players still here. Amarilla, Castro, Rodas and Mijailovic the clear star players of this save.

post-season-squad.png

This season was the first season Andorran Lázaro played in the first team - not amazingly, mind. He's actually too good and has played a bunch of u21 internationals for England.

post-season-table.png

Not too bad for a little career, especially when you take into account I had the handicap of using three strikers.

See you in FM19!

Archived