A career in England?! Fire and Blood!

MarcxD

Pre-Season + August 2025

pre_season_prediction.png

Predicted to finish 21st this time around, albeit still with the worst odds possible. Billericay predicted to finish 24th, remarkably. Some real big teams in the league now, especially with the relegations of Derby, Crystal Palace and WBA.

pre_season_upgrades.png

Right at the start of the season some improvements were agreed - finally I was able to ask for more junior coaching and youth recruitment and now we can scout worldwide. 

pre_season_transfers.png

Which will especially be useful going forward -- this time for the first time ever we have signed a player from abroad without any English links in Macedonian defender Filip Markovski. We got a work permit for him as he's a full senior international for them. When we get to the PL we won't have to deal with work permits anymore though.

As I alluded to above in the season review a lot of the players that were signed are on bigger salaries - the highest being a €450k p/a in striker Tyrese Campbell. A few free loans to balance that out, but less than in previous years.

What we're paying is still very low compared to the other clubs in the league, of course, but there is one club in the league that's paying less than we are - Doncaster Rovers.

There were actually too many players in some positions so for the first time ever (!) I made some profits in the transfer market. Barrett was bothering me about a new contract, kicking up a fuss. So I moved him to the u18s. Made a fuss about that. So I sold him.... Gilchrist and Woolfenden were unhappy as well, and I have no use for that, especially in players that were only back-up now anyway.

pre_season_august.png

Pre-season was a long one with a trip to Holland for a training camp and then for some reason we ended our pre-season by going back to play amateur side HFC. We did well, with some big wins. We also managed not to lose to Spurs for the first time in the annual friendly.

August was a busy month right away, with 5 league games and two cup games... Unlucky to go out to Southampton. But we had a strong start after a missfire in the first game in the league.

august_league_table.png

In second, not something I think will last but a nice way to get going.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September 2025

september.png

Well, it didn't last. Definitely a month of two halves. Losing to Fulham and Derby is to be expected but with another loss to Doncaster in the middle you start to believe you're in a crisis already. A strong away win over Cardiff prevented that though, and Millwall was easy prey. Leeds was a nice surprise.

september_league_table.png

Only dropped a few places.

December 2025

december.png

Well, yeah, okay, this is a bit silly.

december_league_table.png

december_facilities.png

Facilities finally done!

december_youth_facility_upgrade.png

Wasn't able to ask for training facilities right away again but youth got approved.

december_job_offer_2.png

There were too many job offers to show them all but this was an interesting one. Probably the biggest club so far. It'll be interesting when the first PL club comes in for me.

January 2026

january_transfer_in.png

One new player - a right wingback.

january_transfer_out.png

And one player out, who had six months remaining of his contract.

january.png

Honestly still very good with a remarkable victory over Newcastle in the FA Cup. Two losses in a row but against very tough opposition.

january_league_table.png

Might very well remain close to the end.

May 2026

may.png

Just missed out on the cup final, but that scoreline does not tell the whole story, we were outclassed.

may_league_table.png

Fulham and Boro accompany us to the Premier League, and Billericay got relegated :D

20 hours ago, kidthekid said:

impressive stuff

Thanks man!

19 hours ago, Timetxu said:

Nice! Can't wait to see how you're going to hold up!

I am very curious too. It's going to be very different any way, with the money and the foreign influx that's about to happen.

On 31/08/2018 at 00:27, Nobby_McDonald said:

Very well done Marc.

Away in the FA Cup Semi Final rather than neutral venue, ie Wembley?

Thanks man! 

Yeah, I guess so. Perhaps because of the edited db I used (so that I was able to start at a lower level).

Season Review 2025-2026

post_season_season_review.png

Amazing stuff, especially in 2026 we had a fantastic run in. FA Cup was great as well.

post_season_best_eleven.png

Loanee striker Gomes was the player of the season, top earner Campbell didn't do badly either! Adams still there.... and going with us to the premier league :lol:

post_season_best_eleven_overall.png

post_season_squad.png

Values going up... and only one who has no British nationality at all in Markovski. That will change a lot next summer. (Remember, there are no more work permits for the premier league but a 17 player foreign limit instead).

post_season_table.png

First time we have a youth level...

post_season_stadium_expansion.png

A forced stadium expansion because of premier league rules but this time that's a good thing since we had been selling out our stadium for every game since we got it...

Pre-Season + August 2026

pre_season_predcition.png

Not a big surprise that we are predicted to finish last with the worst odds, although there are three more teams with those odds as well. No idea what's going to be a realistic target in the premier league with a whole new squad... it is quite interesting to see Newcastle, Bournemouth and Stoke to be the first three teams behind the top 6, while Everton isn't even in the premier league.

pre_season_cash.png

So yeah, this is going to be different. I still obviously won't be changing my ways so I can't actually pay for any transfer fees with this, but I can offer players much higher wages and get more facility upgrades approved.

pre_season_youth_rec.png

pre_season_junior_coaching.png

Like these!

pre_season_transfers.png

A huge transfer window and we're going to have a whole new team... mostly made up of loanees! In previous years we could only have a maximum of 4 or 5 long-term loans, but in the premier league the only limitations are domestic loans, of which we can only have two long-term ones at one point. No issue with loaning players from abroad, though! They are of a higher level than the players I could sign for free anyway, except for some of the free signings I made for players whose contracts were ending. 

As you can see almost all the new players are foreign, I think in the registration we had about 15 (out of the maximum 17).

I have no idea why Chelsea wanted to buy my third choice GK.

pre_season_august.png

We did very well in pre-season, and then the PL started. Oh... Huge win over fellow promoted side Fulham and then we went on to play Arsenal.... silliness. But the next two games showed we aren't quite invincible yet.

august_500_games.png

I also reached a big milestone.

august_league_table.png

Top 4 boys. :lol: 

January 2027

january.png

The worst month so far but we had some very tough games here. 

january_league_table.png

Only dropped a single place, still looking good for a decent mid-table position.

january_signing.png

I signed one new player after his contract ended...

january_transfers_out.png

And three players left, mostly championship level players who just played too few games.

On 01/09/2018 at 16:49, MarcxD said:

Thanks man! 

Yeah, I guess so. Perhaps because of the edited db I used (so that I was able to start at a lower level).

Yeah, I've seen from your opening post you're using the level 22 database. The not playing FA Cup Semi Finals on a neutral ground was a big put off for me.

March 2027 + Youth Intake 

march.png

Good result against the #1 in the league -- Chelsea. Ben Woodburn scoring four goals against us for Liverpool was a bit much.

march_league_table.png

march_youth_intake.png

It is probably the best intake yet in a sense, but they are all pretty poor. I signed up the best and some players with decent personalities, just so that I have enough for my u-18 team and now in the PL we also have a u-23 team so it's good to slowly build up some more youth. 

2026-2027 Season Review

post_season_season_review.png

A whole year in mid-table pretty much. Good for the club and the future.

post_season_best_eleven.png

Interesting to see the strikers scoring less goals than before... but still being all-important.

post_season_best_eleven_overall.png

Remarkable to see Thomas Jean added here after one season. Pretty much the entire player here that was actually part of the club last season.

post_season_squad.png

Clear to see the wages and values rising... only starting as well. Don't know yet how next season is going to be with regards to loans or permanent transfers but the squad's going to change all right...

post_season_table.png

The below average training facilities weren't actually mine but a affiliate club... so now I can actually upgrade them. A step back to move forward...

Pre-Season + August 2027

I had the mind to continue...

pre_season_debt_free.png

Got this message early on, logical after the many millions we made last season.

pre_season_prediciton.png

Now predicted to finish 19th... lowest odds alongside the three promoted teams. 

pre_season_transfers.png

A few transfers... got some more permanent signings in, including English and homegrown players which I now have to take somewhat seriously. Not quite as many loans as last year but still a sizable number. Outgoing were a few players, and the biggest sale so far in Antonov. Since the arrival of Amarilla he had become second choice GK and he was moaning about a new deal which made no sense as he wouldn't even play much this season so I sold him at the first offer.

pre_season_youth_rec.png

Almost done with the youth recruitment upgrades.

pre_season_august.png

Pre-season went very well and we kept that form up at the start of the league, but were clearly found out by one of the top teams in Chelsea. We are in our own stadium again and 12.5K will be the max attendance...

august_league_table.png

6 points which is more than both Manchester teams can say...

October 2027

october_facilities.png

october_youth_fac.png

Continuing building of facilities, it will take a few more years to complete them.

october.png

Not a great month with a huge loss to Man Utd in the league... We did continue to get some points in though. Home and away a big difference for us I guess. I am rotating a bit more than last year as well, so that might contribute to some dropped points here and there.

october_league_table.png

Still very well placed in seventh, placing us above both Spurs and Arsenal. 

On 15/09/2018 at 21:15, john1 said:

Wow, amazing to see you promoted to Premier League, did very well in first season :thup: Doing decent :cool: Shame the stadium is 12.5K.

Would expect a new stadium in the not too-far future. If I actually get to playing the damn game, that is!!

Thanks man.

January 2028

january_signing.png

One new player...

january_departures.png

More youngsters out on loan, and a sale.

january.png

Another good month, with us getting more points in, going through in the FA Cup and beating Man City 3-0 :cool:

january_league_table.png

Still in fourth..

january_stadium_expansion.png

Pretty sure this is the max expansion size of the stadium, hopefully get a new stadium not too long after this is done.

March 2028 + Youth Intake

march.png

Good month, we made it to the semi final of the FA Cup!

march_league_table.png

Sixth, top 7 should really be possible.

march_youth_intake.png

!!!

As followers of my previous threads will know I always use an Andorran manager (as a result of my favorite save, pretty much ever, with FC Andorra last year) and as a result we got Alberto Lázaro. Wow. Please let that potential rating be true.

march_yp11a.png

Some good attributes... but then you see that he is 157 cm, weighs 46 kg, has a jumping reach of 1 and strength of 3. :ackter:

Archived