A career in England?! Fire and Blood!

MarcxD

6 hours ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

Do you think exploiting the 3 striker formation loophole has helped you climb the leagues supernaturally quickly?

interesting marilyn monroe GIF

Maybe read another topic if it bothers you.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dllu said:

Gotta hate the Dons. :mad: 

And to think you beat Oxford 7-1 in April...

It seems the very hateable teams are getting more hateable through this save!

That 7-1 was a ridiculous result all right...

On 17/08/2018 at 20:34, MarcxD said:

So we had a message after last season that we are going to build a new stadium at some point, but in the meantime we are going to expand our current one?! 

If you didn't expand, you wouldn't have been promoted.

Making great progress Marc.

Season Review 2022-2023

post_season_season_review.png

They had no words to describe the season, but it was a good one. Losing the play-offs was a bit of a bummer but we can keep improving the squad here so we can make the step up next year.

post_season_team_of_the_year.png

post_season_best_eleven.png

Everton Loanees Dickinson and O'Brien were clearly the best performers this year and they will both stay for next season. Elsewhere it is good to see Adams scoring goals.

post_season_best_eleven_overall.png

Patterson the first to break that 200 mark, there are few others here that will actually be at the club next season.

post_season_squad.png

As is the case each year, a good number of players will be leaving. 

post_season_table.png

Pre-Season & August 2023

pre_season_predictions.png

Not predicted to finish last - and look at who's right above us, Salford City. Relegated sides Wigan and Barnsley predicted to top the league, but we'll see about that.

pre_season_job_offer.png

One club job offer, not the most appealing.

pre_season_international_job_offer.png

I also got an international job offer, and not just any one... Brazil ?! What?

It just doesn't fit the save so I said no but that's a weird one.

pre_season_transfers.png

A whole bunch of new signings including Sam Allardyce Junior. 

pre_season_august.png

We had a very good pre-season and started well in august. Can't be too upset by losing to Reading - they're a PL side now.

august_league_table.png

September 2023

september.png

Good results but I was worrying we were scoring too few goals -- and then we go on to win 7-2. Not bad of a start overall.

september_league_table.png

Up there, Blackburn is the only other team that hasn't lost yet and they seem to having a much better season than last year.

October 2023

october.png

Some fantastic wins including a 6-0 over MK Dons. Revenge!

Disappointing to get our first loss of the season though.

october_league_table.png

Blackburn still unbeaten, impressive.

october_training_facilities.png

First training facilities upgrade approved. Our balance is looking good now (1.7M), even if we still have big debts.

December 2023

december.png

Decent month thanks to Stephen Eckersley! 

We lost to Blackburn, a bit of a blow for the title race. And we lost to Chelsea u23s for the second year in a row in the EFL trophy...

december_league_table.png

Still, though, we can be first if we win our game in hand. 

There were a ton of job offers this month - perhaps because my contract was ending at the end of this season. I signed a new one now. 

Most of the offers came from our league: Wimbledon, Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton... also offers from Dutch clubs again in Zwolle, Eindhoven & Twente.

January 2024

january_signing.png

One signing - not a necessary one but a better player for midfield stability.

january.png

Lots of points dropped here, although we did have a long unbeaten streak. We also played the biggest opponent yet in an official match in Arsenal.

january_league_table.png

In second now, but at least we have a good lead on the rest. If we can continue like we have done so this season automatic promotion should be very doable.

March 2024 + Youth Intake

march.png

A few points dropped but also some very pleasing wins.

march_league_table.png

Blackburn are looking very good at the moment, so the title could be an issue. Automatic promotion pretty much secured though!

march_youth_intake.png

A shame about the personalities, but it's not the worst intake ever. Don't think it's too likely any of these players will ever really make the first team though.

April-May 2024

april_may.png

We had a chance to win the title as we had to play Blackburn Rovers still at home, but since they beat us again they deserved it. 

may_league_table.png

april_promotion.png

No title, but we are promoted! Championship is going to be a different beast, now we're really heading to the money. 

Let's see how much of a difference that's going to make as I'm not going to spend anything on transfer fees.

11 hours ago, raymondafc said:

Just caught up with this, Basingstoke is only 20 minutes down the road so it perked my interest. I actually knew 4/5 of their squad many years ago (post FM days!)

Keep it up, really interesting read!

That's awesome! Thanks man.

10 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great work getting to the championship. 

Cheers!

10 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic! Hopefully you will get a bigger transfer budget :thup: 

Thank you - I won't be using any transfer budget but more money will certainly be of use for wages and facilities.

Season Review 2023-2024

Great season, around the top 2 all season. Blackburn was just a little bit better - we actually had the same record against other teams, but they beat us both times. Also remarkable to see both the best and worst match of the season be against Bury. 

Funny thing, loanee Eckersley being man of the year - he was on loan from Blackburn...

post_season_squad.png

Huge renovations of the squad incoming... will definitely be necessary for the championship. Really curious about next season...

post_season_team_of_the_year.png

post_season_manager_of_the_yar.png

Some nice awards.

post_season_tabl.png

First facility upgrades will be completed next season.

Pre-Season + August 2024

pre_season_predicted.png

Predicted to finish 24th... unsurprisingly. But there are five teams who have the lowest odds possible including our old friends Billericay. Some big clubs in this league...

pre_season_transfers.png

Lot of new players, generally on much higher wages than before. 

pre_season_august.png

Good pre-season but it was against not the great of opposition generally. Remarkable result against Rangers though! When we actually got started it soon became clear that this might be the toughest season yet, even the tactic has trouble saving us :D Good to beat Sunderland but lost to Billericay :(

august_league_table.png

Looking at it mid-table is likely going to the best thing we can achieve, so that should be the goal for this season.

august_milestone.png

Decent milestone :)

Edit, just before the deadline Billericay came in with an offer.

billericay.png

First team/rotational player by the way. What the actual ... 

You can't buy class.

11 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Making quick progress.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, kidthekid said:

with the three striker tactic you are supposed to be first and win every game. Something is wrong here

:lol:

1 hour ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

I'm waiting for him to play a 2 striker formation and get the same success. That'll be interesting

Always Sunny No GIF

1 minute ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

Congratulations on your well deserved achievements

Thanks mate! Really appreciate the people who leave supportive comments like this one. People like you keep me going!

I like to help where I can. 

If you're going to play like this, why not just take over as manager of your opposition, play their worst players then resign. 

Or give yourself a billion quid. 

Its weird why you'd use some exploits and not others. Just go the whole hog. Credibility is shot to **** anyway. Have fun. 

2 minutes ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

I like to help where I can. 

If you're going to play like this, why not just take over as manager of your opposition, play their worst players then resign. 

Or give yourself a billion quid. 

Its weird why you'd use some exploits and not others. Just go the whole hog. Credibility is shot to **** anyway. Have fun. 

Appreciate the helpful words but I think I would only need those tricks if I were to play 4-4-2. 

@DamianJMcGrath You've made your point, time to move on.  Using such tactics is one thing, but it still needs the right players and management.  And if someone wants to write and be part of a community, that's up to them.  The OP is not exactly hiding the tactic he's using or being underhanded about it after all.

@MarcxD If you use such tactics, don't be surprised if it attracts such comments.  The point's been made though so hopefully damian will move on now.

8 minutes ago, herne79 said:

@DamianJMcGrath You've made your point, time to move on.  Using such tactics is one thing, but it still needs the right players and management.  And if someone wants to write and be part of a community, that's up to them.  The OP is not exactly hiding the tactic he's using or being underhanded about it after all.

@MarcxD If you use such tactics, don't be surprised if it attracts such comments.  The point's been made though so hopefully damian will move on now.

Point accepted. Apologies for any offence, I just didn't like how it was being presented. I won't make the point again. 

November 2024

november.png

Good month with only the one loss and some entertaining victories :)

november_league_table.png

Mid-table, looks right for us this year - but we're not far ahead of the relegation spots.

november_job_offer.png

One job offer.

facilities_delayed_again.png

Also, I was wondering why the facilities upgrades weren't done yet... delayed! For the youth facilities this is the second time, they were scheduled to finish in 2023 at first. 

December 2024

december.png

Quite the month... can't recall having many months in my fm past with only draws.

december_league_table.png

Halfway we are still mid-table, although on the lower end and we are only 4 points ahead of the relegation spots.

december_job_offer_2.png

december_job_offer.png

Two Dutch job offers.

January 2025

january.png

Very good month really with some big wins -- including one over Billericay. Also through in the FA Cup after beating Derby County who play in the Premier League.

Richard Adams also showing he can score goals at this level, which is awesome to see.

january_league_table.png

Exactly mid-table and almost exactly an equal record... Still though, 6 points ahead of the relegation spots means we can't afford any huge drop in form.

March 2025 + Youth Intake

march.png

Very good month generally. 

march_league_table.png

Looking great in the league, with even a crazy chance at play-offs with only 5 points behind Boro in sixth.

march_youth_intake.png

Looks better than the intake actually is, don't believe any of these will make the first team, besides only a few that actually fit the tactic.

April - May 2025

april_may.png

April was absolute incredible, four huge victories - and one huge loss.. 

may_league_table.png

That meant we only came three points short for the play-offs. Honestly very happy with the 9th position here. 

Season Review 2024-2025

Lower midtable seemed to be our place until the end of the season where we had some excellent performances and even got close to the play-offs. Good start, let's see if we can make another step next season.

Lowest scoring topscorer so far, Dave Langley who was on loan from Brighton and will stay for another year.

Defenders Allardyce, Woolfenden and Brockbank are still at the club.

post_season_squad.png

Wages have been going up slowly, but next year will be a pretty big investment in higher wages. We are getting millions now in the championship, so using that for wages and facility upgrades as much as possible.

post_season_table.png

The training facilities are higher because of the new stadium we are in, hopefully the first youth facility upgrade will finally be done next season. 

Archived