You squandered possession... yes, you.

Cant remember his pass completion ratio, but he did score a goal and got a final rating of about 8.1.

So if they score a goal, their rating goes up, and then you cant criticise them for the other things they did wrong?

Also, does Lost Ball 8 times mean he lost the ball by making bad passes, or because he was tackled?

21 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Cant remember his pass completion ratio, but he did score a goal and got a final rating of about 8.1.

So if they score a goal, their rating goes up, and then you cant criticise them for the other things they did wrong?

Also, does Lost Ball 8 times mean he lost the ball by making bad passes, or because he was tackled?

There needs to be context though and that's why Tom asked.

If he gave away possession 8 times with 10 passes, that's poor. If he gave it away 8 out of 100 passes, that's a whole different story.

And maybe he doesn't have the best personality (incl media handling)?

Or maybe he just doesn't respect you?

31 minutes ago, 2feet said:

You can check the match analysis to see. Quickly checking mine, it seems to be intercepted passes (including taking a corner) and getting tackled. Both resulting in loss of possession, so makes sense.

Just now, HemHat said:

I'm not sure taking a corner should count. I know technically it is losing the ball but it's a pretty low % ball anyway. It's not like missing a 5 yard pass

I agree with this. It does count in FM18, unfortunately. I think it is a bit unfair, but I suppose it also depends on how heavily the match rating is penalised. Still, I also don't think it should count.

Im starting to play around with stats in the analysis section now. I can see how to add new columns from the chalkboard, but there doesnt seem to be a column for passes attempted. Do you know how to find out how many passes he attempted please? Then I can see how those 7 times he lost the ball are put into context.

11 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Im starting to play around with stats in the analysis section now. I can see how to add new columns from the chalkboard, but there doesnt seem to be a column for passes attempted. Do you know how to find out how many passes he attempted please? Then I can see how those 7 times he lost the ball are put into context.

Go to Possession. You can set the view to "possession lost" or LPs and then you can view how many times he's lost it and the specific incidents.

If you go to the match stats, you can see all the stats you want, including passes attempted, completed and not completed.

Il y a 19 heures, HUNT3R a dit :

Go to Possession. You can set the view to "possession lost" or LPs and then you can view how many times he's lost it and the specific incidents.

If you go to the match stats, you can see all the stats you want, including passes attempted, completed and not completed.

On my analysis, it seems I can't see what was the type of the possession loss. I have to watch every highlight to determine what caused the loss.

Did I miss something ?

Just now, xavierm said:

On my analysis, it seems I can't see what was the type of the possession loss. I have to watch every highlight to determine what caused the loss.

Did I miss something ?

No, you didn't. You need to view it to see.

Archived