Can anyone advice me on how to sell a team leader without causing a dressing room meltdown? I'm into the fourth year of my real Madrid save and I want to get rid of marcelo. At the moment nobody wants him and I'm wary of transfer listing him or offering him to other clubs. I already bought in a replacement and with the strict registration rules in Spain, I have no space left for him. Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, Kenco said:

Just offer him out to clubs. The rest of the squad won't have a meltdown - one or two might be surprised at first, but they will get over it pretty quickly as long as you are winning games.

The season hasn't started yet. I did that to a highly influential player in one of my other saves and almost the entire squad became unhappy. Marcelo is a team leader and the reaction could only be worse. About winning games I still got more than a month till my first competitive match…

7 minutes ago, Kenco said:

Why do you keep getting rid of these highly  influential people then? If it causes that much of a problem, just keep them around.

Marcelo had drastically declined. Also if you ever played in Spain you'll notice that even youngsters have to be registered in the league and that leaves me no space to keep him

The thing is that the game still thinks he is a decent player. To be fair his technical side is pretty solid but his physicals declined significantly. Playing someone with pace and acceleration of 6 at full back is like suicide

Have you been lowering his squad role accordingly? If he's still marked as a key player, he's likely to get upset, and in turn upset others. If you've adjusted it to back-up, he shouldn't kick up much fuzz himself. Another trick, and this can be helped through player conversations, is to demote him to the reserves. This will remove him as a team leader from the dynamics screen for the first team. 

I've not had a bad reaction to transfer listing anybody yet but I have had complaints when I've sold a team leader. There was a wide choice of responses available. One that worked for me was to tell the complainant that I considered him to be a team leader and that he should step into the breach. The other reply that I found effective was to say that the player who had left had declined in ability and was no longer good enough for the team. I'm sure some of the other available responses will work just as well.

It might not always be easy to find it, but in this game there are rarely, if ever, situations that can;t be managed out of.

The other players will notice his decline in abilities, they won;t kick up too much fuss if you have a good replacement, and are doing to for the good of the team.

While the Dynamics module has a huge affect on things, I have noticed a lot of players seem scared of it sometimes - be brave and sell him. 

Archived