Sports Interactive Community
ostkiz

Impossible to avoid crash FM 2018 v18.0.1.1030019

Since one month is quite impossible for me play the game , this crash happend quite often (75% of the games) i tried to find some solution in internet but still not working, i have just logos and faces from fmscout , the graphic card is ok and uploaded , i already check the cache on steam,  installed the game again and nothing works... 

thank u !

edit: sometimes i have a window of application error ( i can minimize this window  and continue playing) but normally is the crash and the game is block till i close the game.

DxDiag.txt

Hi @ostkiz does the crash reproduce on the same date every time? If so would you be able to upload a save game from just before the crash to the FTP for us to take a look at?

hace 2 horas, Luke Rumble dijo:

Hi @ostkiz does the crash reproduce on the same date every time? If so would you be able to upload a save game from just before the crash to the FTP for us to take a look at?

No,  happends but not always in same date, i can finnish one match and next one will have same problem, is during the game always.

If it is always during the match, have you run through the following page and see if any of the suggestions on there help.

Justo ahora, Luke Rumble dijo:

If it is always during the match, have you run through the following page and see if any of the suggestions on there help.

Yes , and it continue .

Ok if you have a save game from before a match where it occurs could you upload it for us to take a look at? Also if you were to update your game from 18.0.1 to the latest version through steam does the crash still happen?

hace 8 horas, Luke Rumble dijo:

Ok if you have a save game from before a match where it occurs could you upload it for us to take a look at? Also if you were to update your game from 18.0.1 to the latest version through steam does the crash still happen?

yes still happend , where is more easy to you to upload the game?¿ thank u 

If you could upload it to the FTP for us to take a look at that would be ideal. I've attached the instructions below.

I had exactly the same problem and for me at least removing the club logo pack sorted the problem out, not sure why but the game doesn't seem to like it.

On 29/07/2018 at 09:30, NCFC Gee said:

I had exactly the same problem and for me at least removing the club logo pack sorted the problem out, not sure why but the game doesn't seem to like it.

Some graphics aren't configured correctly to work with the game, so if you experience a crash we always recommend users remove them just to see if they are the cause.

If it doesn't crash without them, you know it's logo/graphics pack related. Once you know that, you can try experimenting with some packs to figure out which one specifically is the cause, then potentially let the creator know there's an issue. 

En 27/7/2018 a las 12:49, Luke Rumble dijo:

If you could upload it to the FTP for us to take a look at that would be ideal. I've attached the instructions below.

Sorry, i was on holidays, I already upload the game in ftp, on game-save with the name "real ovetus".

hace 4 horas, Neil Brock dijo:

Some graphics aren't configured correctly to work with the game, so if you experience a crash we always recommend users remove them just to see if they are the cause.

If it doesn't crash without them, you know it's logo/graphics pack related. Once you know that, you can try experimenting with some packs to figure out which one specifically is the cause, then potentially let the creator know there's an issue. 

Could happend this kind of grapichs works for 4-5 months and after  start to have some problems ?¿

Please advise the full crash dump message that you are getting now.

22 hours ago, ostkiz said:

Could happend this kind of grapichs works for 4-5 months and after  start to have some problems ?¿

As we don't support any custom graphics they can easily start to cause issues at any time, particularly post updates. If you could try to reproduce the crashes without custom graphics installed and if it does occur then we will look into it.

Right now the game is ok, i removed the custom logos, anyway if this happend again whitout the logos i will let you know, thanks guys.

I delete all costume graphics and still happend, was roking for a few games but again the problem is here.

Would you be able to uninstall and reinstall your graphics card drivers and see if that improves your stability in game? 

On 07/08/2018 at 22:37, ostkiz said:

I delete all costume graphics and still happend, was roking for a few games but again the problem is here.

As requested before can you please advise the full crash dump message

FM 2018 v18.3.4.1093856 

This one is the most commun now , the game is actually broke,  its unplayable, i cant avoid this crash in more than a week of the game.

Edited by ostkiz

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

En 13/8/2018 a las 11:56, Neil Brock dijo:

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

I did everything , reinstall nvidia drivers, I change the manage 3d settings in nvidia control and still the problem, come back to march drivers and have the rest of the games outdates isnt an option.

thanks

•  

Some users have been reporting issues with Nvidia drivers and have found that if you are having issues you can uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/ 

If this doesn't work, even after making sure to remove all associated Nvidia programs as stated, we suggest doing as stated below:

- Right-click on desktop and go to the nVidia Control Panel 
- Click on the 'Manage 3D Settings' tab. 
- Under Global Settings make sure everything is active. 
- For the ones that only have the options of 'Off', 'Quality', or 'Performance', please choose 'Quality'. 
- Then confirm to save your changes

This should allow the game to run without issue. If you're still having issues after all of the above, let us know. 

Thanks.

So to confirm, at any point have you tried rolling back the drivers to the March version, seeing if that works with just FM and then afterwards (assuming it does) fully updating to the very latest drivers available? Some users have found doing so in these two stages (so completely removing everything Nvidia/Intel -> Installing Latest Intel and March Nvidia -> Installing latest Nvidia) has worked for them.

En 25/8/2018 a las 10:15, Neil Brock dijo:

So to confirm, at any point have you tried rolling back the drivers to the March version, seeing if that works with just FM and then afterwards (assuming it does) fully updating to the very latest drivers available? Some users have found doing so in these two stages (so completely removing everything Nvidia/Intel -> Installing Latest Intel and March Nvidia -> Installing latest Nvidia) has worked for them.

I tried still crashing, just using the integrated card stop it.

Edited by ostkiz

Hi ostkiz, to after you have rolled back to the March version, then updated to the latest version, have you done the following?:

- For the ones that only have the options of 'Off', 'Quality', or 'Performance', please choose 'Quality'. 

Let us know, please. Thanks.

hace 4 horas, Jimmy Wong dijo:

Hi ostkiz, to after you have rolled back to the March version, then updated to the latest version, have you done the following?:

Let us know, please. Thanks.

I tried this too, still the crash.

Okay thanks for clarifying. Can you please send us your Belarc so we can see if there's a potential conflict or problem on your system? Details on how to do this can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-belarc-file-r402/

Let us know, thanks. 

En 30/8/2018 a las 9:58, Neil Brock dijo:

Okay thanks for clarifying. Can you please send us your Belarc so we can see if there's a potential conflict or problem on your system? Details on how to do this can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-belarc-file-r402/

Let us know, thanks. 

Done!

Okay Twitch has occasionally been known to cause a problem with FM - could you please try removing it as a test for the time-being and seeing if you still encounter the same issue? 

Likewise please also disable the GeForce Experience in-game overlay making sure it is not recording as shown here - https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

hace 2 horas, Neil Brock dijo:

Okay Twitch has occasionally been known to cause a problem with FM - could you please try removing it as a test for the time-being and seeing if you still encounter the same issue? 

Likewise please also disable the GeForce Experience in-game overlay making sure it is not recording as shown here - https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay

Tried and doesnt work, in less than five seconds the games crashes again, si something related to nvidia cause with the integrated card the game doesnt crash, a friend have the same problem as me.

Edited by ostkiz

Have you tried contacting Nvidia support? From what we can gather it's a configuration issue specifically related to how the Nvidia card is running on your machine - reinstalling the drivers (sometimes after rolling back to earlier ones) have fixed the issue in the majority of cases.

Failing that, users have reinstalled their Operating Systems (backing up their files beforehand) and this has also fixed the issue. 

hace 7 horas, Neil Brock dijo:

Have you tried contacting Nvidia support? From what we can gather it's a configuration issue specifically related to how the Nvidia card is running on your machine - reinstalling the drivers (sometimes after rolling back to earlier ones) have fixed the issue in the majority of cases.

Failing that, users have reinstalled their Operating Systems (backing up their files beforehand) and this has also fixed the issue. 

I m not telling u are wrong, but since this problem start in june I played at least 20 games in steam , using this computer and I have zero problem, just with fm, so i think is something related to the game, as you can see  is happening a lot, FMsite, steam forum...

This may well be the case, but yesterday close to 60k people were playing FM18 at the any one time, so considerably more played yesterday in total. Of these the split between Nvidia/AMD/Intel according to Steam stats is 75/15/10 which means at the very least 45k people played FM on an Nvidia card at the same time yesterday. Only users with a very specific setup are having the issue you have encountered with FM and the majority of which have had their issues resolved by following the troubleshooting suggestions we've made on these forums. If every user had these issues, these forums and our support team would be a lot busier. 

We've got a large number of machines internally and not one has had this issue which again would suggest it's related to a very specific configuration. Due to this in your instance given you've been unable to resolve it to your satisfaction so far, we would recommend reinstalling your operating system. We know this is a lot to ask, but on later operating systems the process is a lot less disruptive. Even so, we'd recommend backing up any important files before doing so. 

hace 3 horas, Neil Brock dijo:

This may well be the case, but yesterday close to 60k people were playing FM18 at the any one time, so considerably more played yesterday in total. Of these the split between Nvidia/AMD/Intel according to Steam stats is 75/15/10 which means at the very least 45k people played FM on an Nvidia card at the same time yesterday. Only users with a very specific setup are having the issue you have encountered with FM and the majority of which have had their issues resolved by following the troubleshooting suggestions we've made on these forums. If every user had these issues, these forums and our support team would be a lot busier. 

We've got a large number of machines internally and not one has had this issue which again would suggest it's related to a very specific configuration. Due to this in your instance given you've been unable to resolve it to your satisfaction so far, we would recommend reinstalling your operating system. We know this is a lot to ask, but on later operating systems the process is a lot less disruptive. Even so, we'd recommend backing up any important files before doing so. 

I will have to disagree with you @Neil Brock for diferent reason, I checked the "Crashed and tecnical issues" from the previous years,Its around 15k ... this year is 24k, this means is a 71% bigger than the previous years, and you can check specifically how many post since june,july and august comparing with the previous years, specially with the  v18.3.4.1093856 .

About the forum , two factors, not everybody knows english, and not everybody know the existece of the forum, just the people that really love the game know it, casual people dont know it.

Most of the people dont know to mjuch a lot informatic and they can think is a problem related to his computer and give up, here we saw the problem is beetween nvidia an the game, and you are totally right to say there isnt to much impact in the total amount of players but there is certain numbers of person who pay the same to the other who dont have any problem in his computer and for us the game is umplayable, and the company should try at least to make an effort to check what is happening, I dont think always people having this problem with nvidia in a laptop is kind of coincidence, what is happening now for us could happend to a lot of people in the new one, maybe is time to visit someone in london who have same problem and check no just wait one of ur computers have the problem.

Thanks

That's not an accurate comparison as the latest bugs forum also includes issues raised within the pre-release beta phase (which accounts for another 5k posts), plus previous years have been pruned much more significantly. Ideally our game would never crash, absolutely we agree on that. But when it does there are certain troubleshooting techniques which will allow the user to run the game.  

The crash dump messages inform the user of these forums. We also have a help@sega.co.uk address for further support, not to mention our social teams on Facebook, Twitter etc who will always direct users in need to support. We're sorry if there are users who encounter issues who don't know where to raise it - that's something we're always considering and hopeful of improving with each version,

En 4/9/2018 a las 15:32, Neil Brock dijo:

That's not an accurate comparison as the latest bugs forum also includes issues raised within the pre-release beta phase (which accounts for another 5k posts), plus previous years have been pruned much more significantly. Ideally our game would never crash, absolutely we agree on that. But when it does there are certain troubleshooting techniques which will allow the user to run the game.  

The crash dump messages inform the user of these forums. We also have a help@sega.co.uk address for further support, not to mention our social teams on Facebook, Twitter etc who will always direct users in need to support. We're sorry if there are users who encounter issues who don't know where to raise it - that's something we're always considering and hopeful of improving with each version,

From now I m tryng something, and is working .