Sports Interactive Community
phd_angel

Sending Players to Coaching Course

What is the advantage of sending an older player on a coaching course? (I can't recall doing this, as I prefer to hire experienced coaches).

Any insights on whether this is a good thing? Thanks. 

It means that, when the player retires, their coaching attributes are higher and they already have their coaching certification, so they can go onto being a coach straight away. It's good if you'd like to keep them around as a coach once they finish their playing career.

It helps retain legends and high rep players at the club.

Experienced coaches are probably the best way to go for rapid improvements, but if you have the space on the staff, a 'general' coach with low attributes is useful to reduce workloads, and you CAN develop new coaches similar to players - as they get more experience. They are probably a bit cheaper too in wage terms, and will like you for it - helps your manager rep if players have you as Favoured Personnel.

Having a club legend on the training pitch is always a benefit, particularly for youth players - although hard to quantify, imagine what it's like for the kids at Man Utds academy being coached by Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes etc.

I like doing this because having high rep exp players in your youth setup seems to boost the intakes. I once had Ronaldo in a save in my U19s, and it seemed as soon as he signed as a coach the next two intakes doubled in quality. He then became my U19 manager and won the U19 Euro cup. I lost him right after that and the youth intakes seemed to take a dip again.