Southgate Inspired 532 / 352

Hi all,

As I'm guessing a lot of people have done, I had a go at implementing Gareth's WC system into an FM tactic.

It worked ok, but didn't rip up any trees (seems I replicated it pretty well then!) but then I started adding my own twists...

The results have been very satisfying even if I say so myself smile.gif

Formation: 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 (however you want to classify it)

Style: Counter Attacking

Build-up Play: Play it out from the back whilst being ready to play the quick-fire killer ball over the top

Defense: Aggressive central DC attacking the danger with the two either side there to cover (but not set to cover role as, for some reason I can't fathom, it REALLY didn't work as it should).

Midfield: Dynamic trio with the central MC filling the 'pivot' function and sitting deep, officially there to break up the oppositions play but also gets involved in the attacking phase. Advance Playmaker on the right to provide the creative outlet, and an aggressive Mezzala on the left to surge from deep and generally cause mayhem.

Attack: Classic 'Little and Large' partnership here, nothing fancy. TM supported by balls in from the flanks, Poacher there to ferret around and be a pain in the backside while being the main threat from balls through the middle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1171552&stc=

As Dean Saunders said on Talk Sport recently, there are only three ways to attack; Through them, Around them or Over them. I've tried to set this tactic up to apply a little of all three so that whatever the opposition want to do we can still find a way to break them down.

I've been tweaking it for 4 seasons now with my fictional non-league, no resource, Level 10 team and it has done wonders. Suggested key attributes that seem to fit well are as follows;

GK: Nothing surprising here; Handling, Ariel Ability, Reflexes, One-on-Ones

DCL/DCR: Essentially your 'cover'; Positioning, Heading, Tacking, Jumping Reach, Acceleration

DC: Your aggressive "Charge-In" defender; Positioning, Heading, Tacking, Jumping Reach, Aggression

WBL/WBR: If you can find one who can also defend it's a bonus, but more important to have the attacking threat IMO; Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Crossing

MCL: He will score you goals if you can get the right player; Dribbling, Acceleration, Finishing, Composure

MC: Think Jordan Henderson's role for England; Positioning, Tacking, Passing, Composure

MCR: Your creative outlet; Passing, Vision, Flair, Off the Ball

STL: Give him some Red Bull (*other energy drinks are available) and some blue Smarties and let him loose; Pace, Acceleration, Finishing, Composure

STR: More than just a big lump... well, ok, perhaps not, but he performs a key role within the system; Jumping Reach, Heading, Strength, Technique

Set-pieces are also customised with the MCR assigned to take all of them (suited my team, feel free to adapt if it doesn't work for you). 

I've been using Fitness / Tactics during pre-season and Balanced / Attacking Movement during the season, with 'Rest Day After Match' enabled - but I've not really played around much with this so there may be better combinations to be had - it's working so I've left if alone!

Constructive feedback welcomed!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1447878187

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.07.2018 at 19:15, rmills2000 said:

Hi all,

As I'm guessing a lot of people have done, I had a go at implementing Gareth's WC system into an FM tactic.

It worked ok, but didn't rip up any trees (seems I replicated it pretty well then!) but then I started adding my own twists...

The results have been very satisfying even if I say so myself smile.gif

Formation: 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 (however you want to classify it)

Style: Counter Attacking

Build-up Play: Play it out from the back whilst being ready to play the quick-fire killer ball over the top

Defense: Aggressive central DC attacking the danger with the two either side there to cover (but not set to cover role as, for some reason I can't fathom, it REALLY didn't work as it should).

Midfield: Dynamic trio with the central MC filling the 'pivot' function and sitting deep, officially there to break up the oppositions play but also gets involved in the attacking phase. Advance Playmaker on the right to provide the creative outlet, and an aggressive Mezzala on the left to surge from deep and generally cause mayhem.

Attack: Classic 'Little and Large' partnership here, nothing fancy. TM supported by balls in from the flanks, Poacher there to ferret around and be a pain in the backside while being the main threat from balls through the middle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1171552&stc=

As Dean Saunders said on Talk Sport recently, there are only three ways to attack; Through them, Around them or Over them. I've tried to set this tactic up to apply a little of all three so that whatever the opposition want to do we can still find a way to break them down.

I've been tweaking it for 4 seasons now with my fictional non-league, no resource, Level 10 team and it has done wonders. Suggested key attributes that seem to fit well are as follows;

GK: Nothing surprising here; Handling, Ariel Ability, Reflexes, One-on-Ones

DCL/DCR: Essentially your 'cover'; Positioning, Heading, Tacking, Jumping Reach, Acceleration

DC: Your aggressive "Charge-In" defender; Positioning, Heading, Tacking, Jumping Reach, Aggression

WBL/WBR: If you can find one who can also defend it's a bonus, but more important to have the attacking threat IMO; Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Crossing

MCL: He will score you goals if you can get the right player; Dribbling, Acceleration, Finishing, Composure

MC: Think Jordan Henderson's role for England; Positioning, Tacking, Passing, Composure

MCR: Your creative outlet; Passing, Vision, Flair, Off the Ball

STL: Give him some Red Bull (*other energy drinks are available) and some blue Smarties and let him loose; Pace, Acceleration, Finishing, Composure

STR: More than just a big lump... well, ok, perhaps not, but he performs a key role within the system; Jumping Reach, Heading, Strength, Technique

Set-pieces are also customised with the MCR assigned to take all of them (suited my team, feel free to adapt if it doesn't work for you). 

I've been using Fitness / Tactics during pre-season and Balanced / Attacking Movement during the season, with 'Rest Day After Match' enabled - but I've not really played around much with this so there may be better combinations to be had - it's working so I've left if alone!

Constructive feedback welcomed!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1447878187

hey dude, normal download link please..

Archived