Sports Interactive Community

52 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Out of interest - has anyone checked out the Benfica academy in the new game? I'd be interested to see if they've maintained the talent & potential.

Hey, hope all's good.

The Benfica academy is alive and kicking.  I don't want to publicly spoil things so if you want some detail on individual player PA and wotnot, let me know and I'll PM you.

2 hours ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Hello, everybody. Please excuse the lack of updates on this. I am actually still playing - and loving - this save, albeit with very little time to contribute to the thread.

Depending on people's interest in an FM18 tactical update, I could potentially do another update on a set of particularly enjoyable 4-3-3s I've been using however they won't be applicable to FM2019 players as I understand Overload has been removed from the game.

Out of interest - has anyone checked out the Benfica academy in the new game? I'd be interested to see if they've maintained the talent & potential.

Hello O-zil,

out of this topic, but I used your Arsenal Invincibles with Ajax in Fm2019 with great success so far. Hope you have time to play Fm2019 this year and produce some great threads again.

12 hours ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Depending on people's interest in an FM18 tactical update, I could potentially do another update on a set of particularly enjoyable 4-3-3s I've been using however they won't be applicable to FM2019 players as I understand Overload has been removed from the game.

Overload is still there. It's just called "Very Attacking". The new spectrum (ignore the red highlight that's from the existing tactic I'm using) - with Very Attacking's description. It's overload. Seems like they just renamed - Very Defense = Contain, Cautious = Counter, Positive = Control, etc. There may be some tweaks, but I think it's basically just renaming so people understand what they mean more intuitively.

1156713742_ScreenShot2018-11-28at10_09_15PM.thumb.png.69ddc221dcd80c0f9d5e154a1aab0f63.png

On 28/11/2018 at 22:00, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Hello, everybody. Please excuse the lack of updates on this. I am actually still playing - and loving - this save, albeit with very little time to contribute to the thread.

Interesting, my most successful tactic with this benfica side [fM17] has been a 4-2-3-1 I adapted as my version of Pep's City with an overload but then lowered mentality. I found it fits perfectly with each level. I've gotten low on wingers and my youth sides use a 4-3-1-2 narrow and that works as well. Florentino Luis, Gedson Fernandes, Ruben Dias, Ze Gomes, Joao Felix, Joao Filipe, Pedro Alvaro[ I think that's his name], Svilar, Joao Carvalho are all HUGE parts of my team that won the CL last season (2nd season). Really fun safe, and its nice to have teams actually bid for your players so you can push them out, even though they bid for a CL winner valued 50m and they bid 30m and he gets unsettled...

Saw this thread today for first time. A little off topic, but the save I enjoyed the most was Benfica on FM 17, when I won the championship league with 10 academy players on starting eleven. Unfortunately, I couldn't do the same on FM 18, I had the team again with academy players, but never had sucess or was even close on FM 18. I will try again this year!

And I'm late, but great read on this thread!

On 28/11/2018 at 17:00, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

I'm still on FM18 and would definitely be interested in the tactics you're currently using!

On 19/12/2018 at 18:40, axelmuller said:

have to say, Diego Batista is just insane. Xavi and Iniesta in one player.

Ah, yes. A few have mentioned Batista. He's not quite reached those heights on my save but I am expecting him to become a solid club player, when he can find some consistency.

It's Dantas that's the golden goose, in my current side:

2yYULC7.png

Wonderful player.