Set Competition Level Lower Than 20?

Weiry

Working on an Australian database and I'm up to the 21st level but when setting the competition level in the competition tab it always keeps resetting to 20. I left it unticked and tested but I just get 'competition has wrong competition level set - should be set as 21 in competition tab' Now it says in the guide that 20 represents the bottom however, I see Dan's English database going down to Level 22 and even loaded his up and in his competition it has it correctly set at 22.

So pretty much what am I missing and how do I 'unlock' the ability to go lower than 20?

EDIT: nevermind played around with the resource archiver and found the file I needed. pretty simple after that :D 

2 hours ago, grade said:

How would like to know this. Can you share how you did that?

Using the Resource Archiver 2018 (which you get from steam) I extracted the 'comp editor' file and found the 'comp.xml' file (which is located in format->database) Cmd F and searched 'competition level' and changed the max_value from '20' to '24' (I'm sure you can go higher than this but it's all I needed) saved went back into archiver and archived the comp editor. Started up the editor and it works perfectly. It's similar to how you enable to change a nation's continent but instead of nation.xml you open comp.xml

Hope this helps :) 

Archived