Women's Football

hadjuve

Considering the growing popularity of the women's game and its addition to FIFA the game a few years ago, it would seem to be good addition in the Football Manager series as well. The start could be the basic leagues like English, Italian, French and maybe US and feature International competitions and Champions league as well. It would be nice addition and promote diversity in the game.

This feature has been requested countless times before.

Essentially, SI won't consider adding women's football to FM unless there is enough interest in it to make it commercially viable. When you consider that the FA WSL is barely competing with the National League when it comes to average attendances, that is still some way off.

YOu can set up your character to be female...which is a waste of time as to the best of my knowledge there has never been a female manager in even the semi-professional men's game so realistically, a female character would be extremely unlikely to ever be hired though I might test out that hypothesis if my current save doesn't work out. 

24 minutes ago, Matt G said:

YOu can set up your character to be female...which is a waste of time as to the best of my knowledge there has never been a female manager in even the semi-professional men's game so realistically, a female character would be extremely unlikely to ever be hired though I might test out that hypothesis if my current save doesn't work out. 

Corinne Diacre managed Clermont Foot in the French second division for three seasons.

Chan Yuen-Ting won the Hong Kong Premier League in 2016 with Eastern.

On 18/07/2018 at 10:00, hadjuve said:

Considering the growing popularity of the women's game and its addition to FIFA the game a few years ago, it would seem to be good addition in the Football Manager series as well. The start could be the basic leagues like English, Italian, French and maybe US and feature International competitions and Champions league as well. It would be nice addition and promote diversity in the game.

The standard of women's football is pretty poor...Let's be honest

1 hour ago, VSfallin said:

The standard of women's football is pretty poor...Let's be honest

I'd personally like to see the womens leagues added to the game, but I understand the reasoning for not added them. However, that is pretty poor reasoning. There are some god awful leagues in FM, so using the excuse of "women's leagues are bad quality" is just not something that should be used as an argument against the idea.

6 hours ago, John_Yuki said:

I'd personally like to see the womens leagues added to the game, but I understand the reasoning for not added them. However, that is pretty poor reasoning. There are some god awful leagues in FM, so using the excuse of "women's leagues are bad quality" is just not something that should be used as an argument against the idea.

1. the extra scouting takes time and money 2. even the worst of these leagues are better than women's leagues

• 4 months later...

Archived