When does a cross become a pass inside?

Hey.

I'm toying around with the Raumdeuter role and I have a player that would appear to be really good at it however I am trying to work out if he is using his passing ability or crossing ability as I am looking at training a couple of youngsters into the role who I think could be much better.

Essentially the idea is for the RMD to pass/cross from the channel rather than out wide.

The description is ".... ability to cross the ball accurately from wide areas". So.... what's wide?

image.thumb.png.334195cc58b8e0bf37eba73029b1b5c2.png

In real life, its pretty subjective, you could feasibly cross from any of those positions as long as the ball was looped up. Anything from 1-4 that was flat would probably just be classed as a square pass across the face of the six yard box. It would be pretty difficult to get the ball into the six yard box from 5-6+ without actually "crossing" it, i.e - looping or bending it in someway. Usually a cross is played by the inside of the big toe and ball of the foot, with the leg coming around the body. That's in real life.

My hunch would be that in the game any pass delivered from 3 - 6+ would be a cross but don't quote me on that.

6 minutes ago, Atarin said:

real life, its pretty subjective, you could feasibly cross from any of those positions as long as the ball was looped up

:D that would be a lobbed pass or a chip through ball... You can make a low cross or whipped cross from further out.

But yeh... I dont know how opta measure it IRL or how it is measured in FM. Pretty good question...

In terms of RMD i used one recently... Id say they need both to a reasonable standard

I have said before it would be ice to know exactly what is being included in some of the stats we are given.

I heard that corners are included as crosses as well - but can;t be 100% certain.

I think, but not certain, that a cross in FM is from wide outside the penalty area, from inside the area it is a pass - by wide I mean wider than the box, so it includes from deep as well, 

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

I think, but not certain, that a cross in FM is from wide outside the penalty area, from inside the area it is a pass

That would be my view - ie, in the OP's image a cross from 5/6; anything from 1-4 is a pass in my mind.

4 hours ago, Snorks said:

I heard that corners are included as crosses as well - but can;t be 100% certain.

In terms of stats, crosses attempted and completed corners do count.

You can see this quite clearly from the analysis tab.

Not sure where the analysis tab you're talking about is, but  I cant see it that clearly if I'm honest, in Tactics > Analysis or Last Match.

Doesn't bother me though.

Archived