Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
jcp1417

Out of contract players

Recommended Posts

As a semi pro team, if I have a player that only gets paid for appearances, does u23 or u18 count? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because i also wonder if the unused sub fee also only applies to those players selected on the match squad. since I can only sub 3 times, i could save some money by only carrying 3 or 4 subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

because i also wonder if the unused sub fee also only applies to those players selected on the match squad. since I can only sub 3 times, i could save some money by only carrying 3 or 4 subs

I cannot see why this would not work as the unused sub fee will only apply to those players selected in the match squad, but not getting on the pitch.  Never thought of that myself.:thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

 Never thought of that myself.:thup:

 

Me neither, feel such a numpty now, playing in Italy where you name 12 subs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top tip - to reduce the cost of Appearance Fees/Unused Substitute Fees, just set them both to £1. I do it for everyone and no player has ever rejected a contract based on this. Whenever I've tried to remove these bonuses completely, they always reject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benkeay said:

Top tip - to reduce the cost of Appearance Fees/Unused Substitute Fees, just set them both to £1. I do it for everyone and no player has ever rejected a contract based on this. Whenever I've tried to remove these bonuses completely, they always reject.

That’s interesting. In effect, I could have players out there playing for free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, give it a go. It's always worked in my experience. It seems like the game is tricked into thinking the fee is higher than £1. As in, the bonus needs to be there in the contract, but it doesn't actually matter what the amount it. Also, make sure you lock the bonus otherwise the agent or player will just keep asking for more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, benkeay said:

Yeah, give it a go. It's always worked in my experience. It seems like the game is tricked into thinking the fee is higher than £1. As in, the bonus needs to be there in the contract, but it doesn't actually matter what the amount it. Also, make sure you lock the bonus otherwise the agent or player will just keep asking for more.

Might try that on my next negotiation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always remove the unused sub clause plus any yearly pay increases with no issues. Will have to try the appearance fee one as well though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I don’t think this works anymore. Those fees became a sticking point in a lot of negotiations, especially for non-contract players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...