[Suggestion] Show player's attribute as percentile of the league

kingpoodle

When playing lower league teams, all the attributes are very low. However, the low attributes might be considered above average in the lower league. 

Is it possible to have the option to show the player's attributes as a percentage of the league's average? 

For example, a players has 8 for finishing and the league's average for striker's finishing is 10. Show the attribute as -20% instead of 8. 

This is just an idea, i think it can be improve by using other units instead of percentage. 

I suggest this because I find it hard to compare my player's attribute with the league's average when I'm playing lower league. However for top leagues, I don't really need it because I just aim for as high as possible. I can't do this in lower league. 

Maybe the data analyst can come into play. Better data analyst = more accurate comparisons. 

I also suggest to let us filter the comparison, for example, let us compare the pace of my striker vs average pace of defenders in the league. 

Agreed.

There already is a comparison in the team report of may squad relative to the league. The ask that current squad players be compared against individuals in the same league of their positions. Or that scouts report where a scouted player would fall.

I like the idea of attributes being less of a raw number and more of a representation. Although your idea would require having precise knowledge of every player in the league and their stats and if you were to get the percentiles from the start it would be considered too easy. And if you were to scout everyone and then get the percentile you would start with basically no knowledge of your players besides some rough estimates. Also, in the real world, it's impossible to tell that's "someone's passing is better by 13% than passing of average players", in that matter the numbers prove to be better as a difference between 9 and 8 is slight but you can judge by your own margin and experience how much is it worth, even in the concept of the league. Lastly - what would happen if the results were skewed? Your opposing team has a lot of youth players in the squad, typical filler, but they have that one brilliant player. The percentiles wouldn't be accurate if the stars of the league and youngsters were included in the mix, if the balance would be tipped to the number of the youngsters your percentiles would show information that isn't really accurate - your players would look better than they really are. Same goes if there is one 'stacked' team that has the promotion in the bag from the start - percentiles would suggest that your team is weaker than they really are. Sure, these are hypothetical, but possible scenarios. 

Archived