Overhaul United - How would you run a flat 4-4-2?

23 minutes ago, CybrSlydr said:

Wow, that's really good.  How did they get those two central midfielders to stay that deep?  Are they both DMs on DM(D) or something?  Do they also utilize man-marking in their instructions?  The wingers and fullbacks do a great job.

i saw it on youtube ,just normal DLP + CM-Su can do the same job

5 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Doesnt even look like fm... Are the graphics really that good on top laptops?

Also why do griezman and saul seem like usain bolt? Surely hes used editor? 

as you see all AI team in video play high defensive line.

& we know not all team attack that high in the league.So that mean maybe he just cut out the success counter part,from a few year's league game.

if you set the tactic right you can do it do too.

i do it once with Mata in United & Mata is not that fast

8 hours ago, jc577 said:

How did you get the strikers to drop that deep when out of possession?

I think @herne79 had to drop one back into AM to fix that?

I'm playing a 4-4-2 at the moment and I've not been too happy with the DLF role as it doesn't drop deep as I'd expect, which I think is something Herne had to deal with in his 4-4-2 guide somewhere on here. I can't remember if that was for FM17 or 18 though.

4 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I think @herne79 had to drop one back into AM to fix that?

I'm playing a 4-4-2 at the moment and I've not been too happy with the DLF role as it doesn't drop deep as I'd expect, which I think is something Herne had to deal with in his 4-4-2 guide somewhere on here. I can't remember if that was for FM17 or 18 though.

i do it on rashford last night.
He got PPM "Beat offside trap",& he still "sometime" go back to defend

https://theresonlyoneball.com/2018/01/26/a-study-into-mentality-and-team-shape-on-football-manager-2018/

Now if we compare this to a more attacking player, a striker, there is a very interesting difference, which helps to explain how vertical compactness is achieved.

chartstriker-copy.png

Key: The blue bars represent a defend duty, orange is support and grey attack.

You saw that defenders with attack duties increased in mentality the more fluid you play, while defend duties remaining fairly level. Attackers on the other hand are the opposite, with attack duties remaining fairly level the more fluid you play but defend duties reduce in mentality. This is what creates compactness in fluid shapes.

Archived