Final: France vs Croatia, 4pm BST

GunmaN1905

1 minute ago, kpain16 said:

What tears? Still mad about the group stages? You thought your rugby team had a chance of progressing? :lol:

I still like Iceland. Amazing what you can do with so little footballing talent

Keep'em coming, I'm sure I'll be able to make some amazing fries and stuff with Croatian salt! :cool:

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever thought he's been criticized because of his celebration after they won, missed a few posts in the thread. I hate his persona, bragging dabbing self. As I said, like a cartoon character. Nothing to do with what he did after the game. 

Even this shaking of Dalić's hand is cringe worthy for me personally. 

Christ....

DiOds-pWsAEy86o.jpeg

DiKh1soXkAE_GKR.jpeg

it's just a bit of fun surely?

he's just achieved probably his greatest feat in football and he's one of those guys who likes the attention of things like social media.  Personally I just ignore it, doesn't mean anything to me and I'm sure he was respectful of the Croatian guys after the game when the cameras weren't turned on

8 minutes ago, TM said:

it's just a bit of fun surely?

he's just achieved probably his greatest feat in football and he's one of those guys who likes the attention of things like social media.  Personally I just ignore it, doesn't mean anything to me and I'm sure he was respectful of the Croatian guys after the game when the cameras weren't turned on

I think it is hilarious personally. :D

But you know there are folk out there screaming sacrilege and blasphemy at Pogba daring to have fun with an important piece of football history etc 

It's harmless fun and i actually think it's good for the game if kids can take some of the fun elements from guys like pogba and lingard... Its a better example than all the diving and arguing with ref. 

Yet at the same time... Its not my cup of tea... So in a total grumpy old man style... On a personal level... I agree with @kpain16 its really annoying and cringey.

I can live with it tho...

3 hours ago, kpain16 said:

Whoever thought he's been criticized because of his celebration after they won, missed a few posts in the thread. I hate his persona, bragging dabbing self. As I said, like a cartoon character. Nothing to do with what he did after the game. 

Even this shaking of Dalić's hand is cringe worthy for me personally. 

Christ....

DiOds-pWsAEy86o.jpeg

DiKh1soXkAE_GKR.jpeg

This kind of nonsense post makes me enjoy the fact it winds you up. Imagine being wound up by someone showing respect to your coach. The entire French team gatecrashed Deschamps press conference to the point no one could ask him a question, champagne going everywhere.

Griezmann wore the trophy like a hat, Umtiti cradled and sang to it like a baby 

I assume they are all also awful people?

All a bit laughable 

2 hours ago, JDownie said:

I think it is hilarious personally. :D

But you know there are folk out there screaming sacrilege and blasphemy at Pogba daring to have fun with an important piece of football history etc 

People have no idea what happens to trophies during celebrations. They get dropped, bent, scratched, drunk out of, worn as hats. If people need complain about that they need to get over themselves, or complain about pretty much every major trophy celebration ever. 

Another one that missed the point. 

I'll give you a Croatian team example. Croatian team on the stage celebrating and being spontaneous. Everyone says a word or two. Brozović gets the mic, says something and asks other players in front of 110k people to take "epic brozo" photo, his ridiculous signature pose. In that moment just waiting for an Instagram photo. Same as Pogba. Attention whore. 

As Westy said, maybe I'm too old for that crap. 

Just now, kpain16 said:

Another one that missed the point. 

I'll give you a Croatian team example. Croatian team on the stage celebrating and being spontaneous. Everyone says a word or two. Brozović gets the mic, says something and asks other players in front of 110k people to take "epic brozo" photo, his ridiculous signature pose. In that moment just waiting for an Instagram photo. Same as Pogba. Attention whore. 

As Westy said, maybe I'm too old for that crap. 

I didn't miss the point. I simply think your point is ********. 

Much as I'm too old to dab, I really don't see how people can get that annoyed by it.

Its not like the signature celebrations is really an Instagram-era thing: even in the 90s we had Roger Milla, Klinsmann dives, Ravanelli baring his belly and Shearer literally trademarking a celebration as dull as his punditry.

Also, Griezmann looked as miserable as anything until he sees Pogba. At least Pogba looks like he's actually won the bloody thing

Lingard and Pogba are cringe but I wish I contained half as much joy as they do. It doesn’t bother me too much outside of laughing at them when they do their childish stunts, they’re pretty inoffensive. 

In the case of Lingard, when I see him doing his dance moves in a Utd shirt, I think ‘you silly twit’. Whereas I’ve grown to quite like him for his efforts in an England shirt these past few weeks, probably have joined in if he scored vs: Croatia.

Pogba just so good over the course of this tournament. Go on Mourinho, sell him and hurry up the process to him becoming the world’s best midfielder.

Two days after the game, I can't get rid of the impression that this Croatian team wasted it's potential for like 10 years now.
And since I've made my opinions on them clear, I'm not saying this as someone subjective. FA completely ruined this generation and this final was salvaged at the end of their peak.

2008 - Young team, got knocked out by Turkey because of inexperience and conceded in 121th minute, lost on penalties. Everyone's optimistic about future. If that idiot didn't butcher Eduardo, I dare to say finals appearance wasn't unrealistic.

2010 - Terrible qualifiers, got battered by England twice, couldn't beat Ukraine at home at the end of qualifiers. Didn't qualify.

2012 - This is where it all goes downhill. After beating Turkey 0-3 in the first leg of playoffs, noone seemed to care that another victory gives Croatia the higher pot seeding on the following EURO.
It ends 0-0, Croatia ends up in the group with Italy, Spain and Ireland. Good performance. Lost to Spain because of terrible refereeing and missing a few sitters. On the other hand, Russia kept the seed and were in group with Poland, Czech and Greece.

2014 - Instead of keeping Bilić who was doing really well or getting a proper coach, imbeciles in FA bring Štimac on. An even bigger imbecile and a complete moron. He nearly gets knocked out and gets fired. But he was there to push their agenda of Sammir and such players getting NT invites. Kovač gets the job and salvages the day. Obviously, our players' mentality doesn't fit with his German discipline and he didn't have any prior coaching experience, so they spent him quickly. Even though he's proven to be a good coach in Frankfurt and got the Bayern job. His biggest downfall was Keeping 35yo Pletikosa, who was way past it on the goal, instead of fielding Subašić.

2016 - Kovač completely lost control and got sacked after a loss in Norway and they replace him with Čačić, TV maintenance guy that lives close to the stadium (literally). He somehow gets out of that average group (needed Italy win against Norway to qualify directly). Croatia actually played well on the tournament, but he bottled it against Portugal and 2008 scenario repeated itself. Our side of knockout phase was pretty easy in 2016, too.

2018 - Čačić nearly bottles another qualifiers, gets sacked after drawing at home against bloody Finland. Dalić replaces him and manages to get to the World Cup. I don't see him as some great coach, but he obviously has man management skills and with top class midfield you don't really need to give them a ton of instructions. Croatia played on their usual level, nothing special. A win against inexperienced Nigeria from two corners, win against terrible Argentina that gifted the first goal, win against average Iceland that had to attack. In knockout phase there was that god awful performance against Denmark and also an unimpressive game against Russia. First great game was that second half and ET against England. And first top tier team batters them. Subašić saved them in first two knockout rounds and then conceded two easily saveable goals.

In the end, this is a historic result no doubt, but only incompetent criminals in FA and players that have no self-respect or anything resembling a spine prevented themselves from getting a couple more semi-final appearances.
Worst thing was that they couldn't realize they'd have more money to launder if they let Bilić stay in charge or if they brought a competent coach back in 2012.

To sum it up, I felt like I was living in a parallel universe during these final couple of games.  If someone  told me Croatia would be in WC final and I wouldn't give two sh**s, I'd call them insane. But unfortunately, that's how these past years played out.
Since 2013 or so I've completely lost all of my emotion for this team. Few penalty shootout wins on WC can't change that half of those players are moral abominations led by convicted criminals whilst our president watches the game alongside both them and other convicted criminals don't have direct relations to FA. And now they will keep bringing this result up for like 20 years when anything bad happens, even though they didn't attribute to it in any way. They were more of a detriment.
Reading the it's coming home topic made me sad because I wish I could still have that emotion about my NT.

3 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Gunny... you need to add a TL DR! That was boring. But as I made the effort to read it, I feel similarly about England (in that we don't learn our lessons... and getting to the semi glosses over our issues).

To sum it up = TLDR :D

Btw, Allardyce got the boot because of something far less significant to what our FA and players are doing. That's how things work in normal countries.

4 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

To sum it up = TLDR :D

Btw, Allardyce got the boot because of something far less significant to what our FA and players are doing. That's how things work in normal countries.

Have faith. Dalić has said that the NT should be nobody's private property, even directly mentioning Šuker. He's done his job independently, and even Bradarić today said that there will be changes, and the team will support the fans in this. I think the cult of the Fiery Ones is baaaack.:D

Until every last person that's currently employed in the FA doesn't f**k off, together with the whole refereeing organization, I don't believe anything.

For example, head physio's daughter just got the FA spokesperson job.

That woman you saw on the bench is the wife of one of the main writers in most popular daily sports paper in Croatia.
Not a single bad word towards the people in FA has been written by him even after all those convictions.

12 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

@GunmaN1905 I just looked up the 2010 WC qualifying. 5-1 and 4-1? I can't remember anything about those games strangely.

I was at uni, and a friend of mine put money on England to win 4-1 at Wembley, Frank Lampard scoring first.

He got Lampard right, but Rooney made it 5-1 late on and the rest of us have never celebrated a pointless goal so hard :lol:

Archived