Final: France vs Croatia, 4pm BST

GunmaN1905

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see Croatia pull this off, as I don't think they'll ever have a better chance to win a major trophy. This is probably the last hurrah for Modric and this golden generation.

Realistically, I don't give them much of a chance. France are fitter, more well-rounded, and they've looked increasingly like world champions as the tournament has gone on.

My prediction is a 2-0 win for Les Bleus. I have a feeling that Griezmann and Varane will score.

I would like to see Croatia win because generally in sport I like to see first time winners and I feel this is a lot of the players in Croatia's team last chance to grab that glory

I think Croatia having to play every knockout game with either extra time or penalties is going to be the factor here.  France to win 2-1, Mbappe to score one of them and BBC/ITV exploding and pretending that nobody knew who he was before the tournament

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Still no idea why the BBC studio team feel they need to wear suits for the final but not for the rest of it. Same every tournament :D 

At least they treat it like a Final.

ITV's football team, on the other hand, will happily suit up for England internationals outside of major tournaments, but not for the World Cup Final itself.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Way too many bottlers in both teams, expecting a red card. :D

Will Griezmann finally deliver in a final?

Will Pogba actually do something great in a big game?

Ref will forget his yellow and red card exists like most games this tournament.

Tbf to Griezmann, he scored twice in the Europa League Final this season.

I think (for anyone watching the BBC atm) that's the first time in this tournament I've heard the British media mention that Modric is reviled by a number of his countrymen for his part in the corruption scandal. Any casual viewers would assume he was hero worshipped.

The closing ceremony was on the red button. I didn't press it. Instead, I enjoyed that France '98 Final flashback. You never forget your first.

Also, I've just read through that series of tweets GunmaN linked to. Stimac :lol:

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

The closing ceremony was on the red button. I didn't press it. Instead, I enjoyed that France '98 Final flashback. You never forget your first.

Also, I've just read through that series of tweets GunmaN linked to. Stimac :lol:

The highlight for me was seeing a man being punched into the sea.

Archived