Utilising 3 tactic slots

Hi all,

Do you guys use all 3 tactic slots as variation on one tactic, or completely different ones?

I'm currently looking at 343. One with WB's and 2 IF, one with WB and DLF AF and F9 and one straight 343.

The idea was to have the 343 the offensive copy of the WB and the wide in case I can't get through the centre, but I haven't gotten it to work quiet yet.

Any others?

Hi.

Sometimes I use all 3 slots for separate formations while other times I use them as a variation of my main tactic such as a 4231 or 4123. I suppose it depends on how you envisage your save and how you want your team to play, as well as the opposition. 

Sometimes I have a backup formation in slot two which I know works, especially if I'm trying something very specific i.e. my current strikerless save I had Cleon's 4231 deep as a backup, which I turned to in order to save my job (it definitely helped to have the familiarity up). If I'm dominant in a smaller league I often have a set "A" and "B" lineup - if the players' physicals and height differ significantly I'll make an "A" and "B" version purely for set pieces. Rarely use all three slots though.

I opt for 3 completely different ones. They all tend to have a control or attacking ethos behind them and every tactic I use has a sole striker but one might be 3 at the back, the other uses 2 CAMs instead of wingers for example.

Given how the AI does adapt the last few FMs my formations tend to have minor changes to the way we attack and defend in order to throw some curveballs vs the opponent from time to time. 

0ce7ad8b8b84d00e412b89fb5ed719f5.gif

first to get familiar with one tactic then add another. I think the important of second or third tactic is not the shape but the mentality, passing style, closing down and things like that. Try to choose different play stlye so as to improve familirity when make chance during match.

I use all 3 but the first 2 are usually the same with a SUS/Save your Fitness variation in the 3rd slot.  Only time that's not the case is when I create a tactic and am tweaking roles/duties in which case I have a variation of the primary tactic in each slot with a couple of tweaks (WB-Sup to WB-Aut) for example.

I have three different formations in the slots, but the 'tactic' may stay the same.

ie: A slightly high line, control, possession and work ball into box, with either 4-1-2-3, 4-3-3 or even a 4-2-4 (my three current formations) slight tweaks to the Duties for each player.

Currently I have a 4-1-2-3 Control/Structured in slot 1, a 4-2-3-1 Standard/Flexible in slot 2 and a 3-5-2 Counter/Fluid in slot 3. All 3 have a range of different TIs. Usually by mid-way through the first season all 3 tactics are completely fluid, meaning I can chop and change formation, mentality, shape and TIs in game with no loss of performance level.

Archived