Should Kane start?

git2thachoppa

Should Kane start v Belgium?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kane start v Belgium?

• Yes, give him the chance to confirm the Golden Boot.
    • Yes, and take him off as soon as he scores 1 or 2.
    • Yes, but just to give him a chance, then take him off if he doesn't score within an hour.
    • No, Rashford needs this experience as a central striker, let Kane come on as sub if Lukaku gets 1 or 2.
    • No, but bring him on if England get a penalty.
    • No, and don't even bring him on, let alone for that. Drive home that it's about the team, not one player.
    • I have no opinion / Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/07/18 at 14:00

3 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Was it you who said play Butland first half and Nick Pope second half?

Me? No.

I'd say one of them should get a game now though. Pickford's already played a meaningless Belgium match and has gained huge experience already, something that may be valuable for Butland or Pope, though Butland has had the Olympics.

20 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Me? No.

I'd say one of them should get a game now though. Pickford's already played a meaningless Belgium match and has gained huge experience already, something that may be valuable for Butland or Pope, though Butland has had the Olympics.

Toon.

Sorry, I never quote the post above me.

I'm sure I read that from someone in the match thread.

Of course he bloody should, it's a Golden Boot at stake here. Imagine he starts on the bench and Lukaku gets a hat-trick by half-time. :D

I hope both Belgium and England take this game seriously, I know it's a pretty weird game for 2 teams to have to play it after such a disappointment, but there's honours at stake.

I definitely would. Deserves a chance to win the Golden Boot.

Would definitely give Pope and Butland a half each, too, and try and make sure those who have played the least so far get some time, so would give Welbeck a start.

41 minutes ago, RubenJ said:

Are people really crying about it? Or just not taking it at face value and and seeing it at this mighty achievement considering the way it happened?

Ive genuinely seen a lot of people really bent out of shape because hes the top scorer, same with the penaldo thing really. Apparently they don't count but its also a massive thing if someone always misses pens so its a little confusing what the rules are.

Don't see the point of giving Pope and Butland a half each (would consider starting Butland because I don't think there's much difference between him and Pickford anyway)

They've only got three subs to use, some tired players and a game they want to win and might need to make multiple tactical changes to do so. Same goes for starting Welbeck, who's done nothing to show he deserves a World Cup start all season and started two World Cup games back in 2014, unless the other options aren't fit or he's been exceptional in training. Winning this might not be as big a deal as the final but would be our second best ever tournament performance and shut down the obvious critical angle that we lost all three games against good sides. Save the pissing around for actual friendlies.

21 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Ive genuinely seen a lot of people really bent out of shape because hes the top scorer, same with the penaldo thing really. Apparently they don't count but its also a massive thing if someone always misses pens so its a little confusing what the rules are.

No you haven't. You've saw people say he doesn't deserve in the team of the tournament.

Quote me 1 person saying he doesn't deserve top scorer.

1 hour ago, Wigmore said:

Obviously he should start, a World Cup Golden Boot is one of the most prestigious individual awards in football.

Do they actually award a Golden Boot at the end or is it just an abstract award? :D

The bigger raised eyebrow for me is seeing Trippier start after he was considered too injured even to hop around in midfield when England had no subs left and needed a goal in the semis. He had an excellent tournament overall, but I expected to see someone else in there instead.

16 minutes ago, jjglvz said:

Do they actually award a Golden Boot at the end or is it just an abstract award? :D

It’s an actual thing, here’s old jug ears with his one.

1DDB6196-5B84-461A-868E-A268C160999E.thumb.jpeg.8b8289783053fe855033a44af623af48.jpeg

Assume he gets a ticket for the final tomorrow? Then does he get presented with it after the game and before the French/Croatians go up?

Seem to remember the farce of Messi going up to get the best player award 4 years ago even though he was on the losing side and the whole German team was waiting to go up and get the trophy straight after him.

6 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Assume he gets a ticket for the final tomorrow?

Nope. Kane just said they're all going home, seems a shame.

Not gonna question Southgate but I would've done a lot of things differently regarding that and starters,

Archived