Sports Interactive Community
Hodgy

Semi Final 2: Croatia Vs England (ITV, KO @19:00)

Who will win and go through to the World Cup Final?  

61 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Croatia
    • England

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/18 at 18:00

1 minute ago, Paul Bacon said:

I dunno why theyre scared of Sterlings pace, even if he got the ball he does nothing with it :D

As someone with no dog in this fight, and not really giving a hoot on who wins,  if Sterling hasn't delivered as you'd all hoped, what did you hope for? Right now, England are 45 minutes from reaching the final in over 50 years. Sterling has been part of every victory. Would you be happier if he'd scored in every game but they'd gone out in the group?

He's made space for his teammates and is contributing to a successful, winning team. So what's the problem?

I'm not coping with this very well. 

I can't believe we're not 2 up. 

I can't believe the much space we're giving modric 

I can't belive Kane missed a one on one. 

Pickford's ****ing doing Ronaldinho **** in goal. 

Call me an ambulance 

Wow. We should be up by more. Before I'd adjusted to how weird it is to see us playing in a semi final we were 1 up! What a goal.

Sterling playing fantastic, and Dele Alli is playing well!!

Come on boys :)

Edited by Baptista_8

Henderson has sent a lot of balls long for Sterling to chase, makes his passing percentage lower

Just now, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

As someone with no dog in this fight, and not really giving a hoot on who wins,  if Sterling hasn't delivered as you'd all hoped, what did you hope for? Right now, England are 45 minutes from reaching the final in over 50 years. Sterling has been part of every victory. Would you be happier if he'd scored in every game but they'd gone out in the group?

He's made space for his teammates and is contributing to a successful, winning team. So what's the problem?

Agreed, I'll never understand the Sterling haters... He's been key in everything good England have done this match in particular and in most... 

But some 'fans' can't see past final product.

Christ. Got the feel of an Eriksson game now. Start on the front foot, score with a set piece, then drop deep and hope our luck holds. We’ve all seen how these end.

Decent half, Croatia look proper void of ideas whilst Glenn Hoddle need to **** off, how is an ex professional unable to say shot on goal? The moron says he shoots on goals instead :mad: can't stand itv coverage!

Someone tell our back three to stop ****ing around with it. It going to cost us! Crazy ****ers.

Croatia will have a 10-15 minute spell in the 2nd where they really create a lot of chances. If we can come through that I think we'll be able to do this. We look like we have more goals in us.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Christ. Got the feel of an Eriksson game now. Start on the front foot, score with a set piece, then drop deep and hope our luck holds. We’ve all seen how these end.

Oh cheer up, we created loads that half :D 

Long way to yet, Croatia turned on the pressure a bit towards end. Look a bit dodgy at the back at times.

Just now, westy8chimp said:

Kane with miss of the tournament x 2

He was offisde, it wouldnt have counted.

Just now, av3ry said:

Might have been overturned on VAR but very close thats for sure.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Long passes. Connected just 1 of 7

Must mean they think they can hit one. 

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Croatia will have a 10-15 minute spell in the 2nd where they really create a lot of chances. If we can come through that I think we'll be able to do this. We look like we have more goals in us.

Yeah they're gonna be shattered by 60 minutes and we haven't even brought on Rashford yet. I think we'd benefit from keeping Sterling on at that point too, cos Sterling and Rashford against this Croatian defence will be destructive.

1 minute ago, av3ry said:

If he scores he doesn't get flagged, it goes to VAR and gets counted.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Yeah they're gonna be shattered by 60 minutes and we haven't even brought on Rashford yet. I think we'd benefit from keeping Sterling on at that point too, cos Sterling and Rashford against this Croatian defence will be destructive.

No need to unbalance the overall structure, Rashford in place of Sterling at some point. But not yet.

1 minute ago, Rio_V said:

Must mean they think they can hit one. 

Yeah, I think there were times when he could have kept it, but Sterling definitely has the beating of Vida, so i totally see why hes launching it. But when we were under pressure there, he needed to take the sting out of the game

Trippier has been class since he set foot in the Prem. The Bury Beckham!

I'd like to see the Croats tire a bit more, maybe an injury or two to force Corluka on..

Some shots on goal would be nice too from England tbh, I don't think Subasic is right..

7 minutes ago, Welshace said:

But some 'fans' can't see past final product.

But some time, eventually, there has to be a final product. I think he's done better in this game than any so far, but he can't just run it forward and give it away all of the time.

Croatia look knackered. Throw Vardy on and carry on lumping balls over the top. Croatia can't run forever.

2 minutes ago, Djstu23 said:

The flying drinks... love it

Imagine queuing up for 30 minutes only to throw your beer in the air, only to queue up for 30 minutes again.

Just now, deltablue said:

I hope Southgate doesn't go for the 'I'm pleased with your performance' team-talk option.

Yeah sod that, he should be foaming at the mouth, screaming "CAAAM ON ENGLAAAAND!", whilst kicking football boots around.

1 minute ago, deltablue said:

I hope Southgate doesn't go for the 'I'm pleased with your performance' team-talk option.

He's not daft enough to do it at 1-0.

'I'm pleased with your performance but you can do better' 

2 minutes ago, deltablue said:

In a passionate tone.

Players look "extremely delighted".

Croatia win 4-1.

11 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

He makes good runs yes, gets the ball yes, then runs into defenders and loses the ball pretty much every time. I wouldnt care if he didnt score if he just passed it and set someone else up now and again

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

Imagine queuing up for 30 minutes only to throw your beer in the air, only to queue up for 30 minutes again.

Especially for the prices they'd be charging in Hyde Park.

Edited by midgetram

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

And pay 8 quid for the privilege 

1 minute ago, toon_84 said:

He's not daft enough to do it at 1-0.

'I'm pleased with your performance but you can do better' 

That's my usual choice.

1 minute ago, warlock said:

But some time, eventually, there has to be a final product. I think he's done better in this game than any so far, but he can't just run it forward and give it away all of the time.

Look at Sterlings movement here, there's his end product and there should be a goal at the end of it. Not his fault Kane messed it up

2 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

He makes good runs yes, gets the ball yes, then runs into defenders and loses the ball pretty much every time. I wouldnt care if he didnt score if he just passed it and set someone else up now and again

Needs Kane actually making runs. And timing them well. 

2 minutes ago, deltablue said:

That's my usual choice.

Assertive i'm not happy with that performance, is usually mine.

Good thing is we can play the ball on the ground but we always have a Route One option through Pickford if we need it. He came through the ranks at Sunderland, route one football is in his blood.