Semi Final 2: Croatia Vs England (ITV, KO @19:00)

Hodgy

Who will win and go through to the World Cup Final?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Croatia
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/18 at 18:00

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, decapitated said:

Poison Englands midfield? 

Figuratively speaking. I think this phrase I chose is fitting for what would the tactical option done, had it been selected. Then again, media reports on fitness of players are changing.

Might be a quite balanced game tonight

Physically, England should be in better condition than Croatia

My bet is for you tonight

Wish you all the best for tonight's Game that i will Fully enjoyed without any single stress :D

Didn't see the game yesterday due to work and missing tonight too :(

Hopefully more goals in tonight's game than last night's. I've went England to win it, but I hope whoever wins tonight wins on Sunday too. 

I think England will win but no idea how. I can see it going to penalties and I don't think Croatia will win for a 3rd time in a row on penalties. But I'm not sure if Croatia will have the legs for another 120 mins. 

I don't normally get nervous before England games. I'm very much club before country. Watching England is normally just something to do in the summer before the proper footy comes back. Normally. But now I'm proper nervous. Come on England.

I've not felt this nervous/excited about any sporting contest since the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final. Not even Arsenal reaching the Champions League Final in 2006 compares to the prospect of my country contesting football's biggest prize.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

How cringey are these celebrity messages on ITV btw?

They haven't had anyone from Love Island on yet, have they? :D

Sterling won't score tonight instead he'll score his only goals of the tournament in a 2-0 win Vs France.

England 2-1 aet tonight however if it goes to penalties I'm getting in the bath :thup:

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I've not felt this nervous/excited about any sporting contest since the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final. Not even Arsenal reaching the Champions League Final in 2006 compares to the prospect of my country contesting football's biggest prize.

They haven't had anyone from Love Island on yet, have they? :D

Not yet but it must be imminent.

2 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Not yet but it must be imminent.

Actually the Love Island contestants have no idea whatsoever what has happened in the world cup. Apparently the show is run under 'big brother rules' I.E. total isolation from the outside world. 

4 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Actually the Love Island contestants have no idea whatsoever what has happened in the world cup. Apparently the show is run under 'big brother rules' I.E. total isolation from the outside world. 

I don't believe that for one second! Show is more scripted than Coronation Street.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Literally nothing worse than these awful video clips from random celebrities who don’t care about football the rest of the time. Just **** off.

it's one of the reasons why a lot of people want England to lose, no problem with the team, no problem with ordinary football fans but the bandwagon jumpers "celebs" (if you can even call them that) are just irritating

Just now, TM said:

it's one of the reasons why a lot of people want England to lose, no problem with the team, no problem with ordinary football fans but the bandwagon jumpers "celebs" (if you can even call them that) are just irritating

You can't imagine the situation in Croatia.

Basically 80% of people that actually watch the domestic league hate everything about the FA and NT and casual fans that only watch big tournaments literally think of them as terrorists.

Regardless of whether England are in the Final, I'll be watching it on the BBC. On balance, their coverage has been slightly more informative and generally better, not to mention less partisan. I'd certainly prefer Mowbray's relatively measured commentary to Tyldesley's cries of "YESSSSSS!!!" when England score a winning penalty.

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

You can't imagine the situation in Croatia.

Basically 80% of people that actually watch the domestic league hate everything about the FA and NT and casual fans that only watch big tournaments literally think of them as terrorists.

I'm going to Croatia in September (Dubrovnik), will they still be partying by then if they win the thing?

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

I don't believe that for one second! Show is more scripted than Coronation Street.

I've never seen it, but I imagine they keep them in isolation in order to cause more drama and mental health issues for ratings among the airheads taking part. There was an article on the BBC or something talking in part about whether they would get to watch it if we go through to the final. I imagine letting them would excite the kind of people who watch the farce. 

How many more times is Lee DIxon going to say "the players know what they're doing"? It's like he's taken that soundbite from whatever player it was that said it the other day (I've forgotten, Dele Alli?) and just ran with it.

Just now, Weezer said:

I'm going to Croatia in September (Dubrovnik), will they still be partying by then if they win the thing? 

Casual fans will, and as per usual, casual fans are the ones doing the most celebrations about things they don't even follow.

Further the south you go, the bigger the hatred for FA when it comes to actual football fans.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Casual fans will, and as per usual, casual fans are the ones doing the most celebrations about things they don't even follow.

Further the south you go, the bigger the hatred for FA when it comes to actual football fans.

So everyone that actually support the team are only casual fans?

Just now, Firehouse said:

So everyone that actually support the team are only casual fans?

90% of the people that support the NT don't follow any of the domestic clubs.

And most of the people that were in Russia don't even live in Croatia.

Just compare the number of fans now with numbers from 10-15 years ago.

In my hometown I could only see streets packed full of people. So people living outside cant support the team? It would be more people living in Croatia there if they could actually afford it. Then again, I know that lots of people did go there.

You make it sound like its 50-50 there, while actually there is 90-10, its just you are vocal minority. We just enjoy the moment as it comes.

1 minute ago, Firehouse said:

In my hometown I could only see streets packed full of people. So people living outside cant support the team? It would be more people living in Croatia there if they could actually afford it. Then again, I know that lots of people did go there.

You make it sound like its 50-50 there, while actually there is 90-10, its just you are vocal minority. We just enjoy the moment as it comes.

It's the same here, packed streets, etc.

Then you go and check the attendance and only 1 club has more than 5k average. And everyone supporting that club hates FA with passion.

Then you check the disgusting stadium NT plays on, that can't even be filled unless it's some top opposition, with pretty cheap tickets. Where are all those fans there?
And no improvements will be made, even though they  made like 100mil€ in just this decade.

And why is it too expensive to go on WC? Around 1k€ shouldn't be expensive if we were living in a normal country. But yeah, when this parade is over, people will go back to immigration to Ireland and Germany because those same people that ruined the country are basically leading the FA.

If you can enjoy the moment with VIP full of convicted criminals and players that protect them by committing perjuy, go ahead.
Not to forget a popular singer, alcoholic and wife-beater, who Modrić invited to sing in the locker room if they win.

It's your choice, but anyone who actually follows what's going on is disgusted by the whole situation.

I actually envy English people, being able to get so excited over your NT is one of the most beautiful things there is.

Archived