Semi Final 2: Croatia Vs England (ITV, KO @19:00)

Hodgy

Who will win and go through to the World Cup Final?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Croatia
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/18 at 18:00

1 minute ago, Paul Bacon said:

I dunno why theyre scared of Sterlings pace, even if he got the ball he does nothing with it :D

As someone with no dog in this fight, and not really giving a hoot on who wins,  if Sterling hasn't delivered as you'd all hoped, what did you hope for? Right now, England are 45 minutes from reaching the final in over 50 years. Sterling has been part of every victory. Would you be happier if he'd scored in every game but they'd gone out in the group?

He's made space for his teammates and is contributing to a successful, winning team. So what's the problem?

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not coping with this very well. 

I can't believe we're not 2 up. 

I can't believe the much space we're giving modric 

I can't belive Kane missed a one on one. 

Pickford's ****ing doing Ronaldinho **** in goal. 

Call me an ambulance 

Just now, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

As someone with no dog in this fight, and not really giving a hoot on who wins,  if Sterling hasn't delivered as you'd all hoped, what did you hope for? Right now, England are 45 minutes from reaching the final in over 50 years. Sterling has been part of every victory. Would you be happier if he'd scored in every game but they'd gone out in the group?

He's made space for his teammates and is contributing to a successful, winning team. So what's the problem?

Agreed, I'll never understand the Sterling haters... He's been key in everything good England have done this match in particular and in most... 

But some 'fans' can't see past final product.

Decent half, Croatia look proper void of ideas whilst Glenn Hoddle need to **** off, how is an ex professional unable to say shot on goal? The moron says he shoots on goals instead :mad: can't stand itv coverage!

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Croatia will have a 10-15 minute spell in the 2nd where they really create a lot of chances. If we can come through that I think we'll be able to do this. We look like we have more goals in us.

Yeah they're gonna be shattered by 60 minutes and we haven't even brought on Rashford yet. I think we'd benefit from keeping Sterling on at that point too, cos Sterling and Rashford against this Croatian defence will be destructive.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Yeah they're gonna be shattered by 60 minutes and we haven't even brought on Rashford yet. I think we'd benefit from keeping Sterling on at that point too, cos Sterling and Rashford against this Croatian defence will be destructive.

No need to unbalance the overall structure, Rashford in place of Sterling at some point. But not yet.

1 minute ago, Rio_V said:

Must mean they think they can hit one. 

Yeah, I think there were times when he could have kept it, but Sterling definitely has the beating of Vida, so i totally see why hes launching it. But when we were under pressure there, he needed to take the sting out of the game

7 minutes ago, Welshace said:

But some 'fans' can't see past final product.

But some time, eventually, there has to be a final product. I think he's done better in this game than any so far, but he can't just run it forward and give it away all of the time.

Just now, deltablue said:

I hope Southgate doesn't go for the 'I'm pleased with your performance' team-talk option.

Yeah sod that, he should be foaming at the mouth, screaming "CAAAM ON ENGLAAAAND!", whilst kicking football boots around.

1 minute ago, deltablue said:

I hope Southgate doesn't go for the 'I'm pleased with your performance' team-talk option.

He's not daft enough to do it at 1-0.

'I'm pleased with your performance but you can do better' 

2 minutes ago, deltablue said:

In a passionate tone.

Players look "extremely delighted".

Croatia win 4-1.

11 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

He makes good runs yes, gets the ball yes, then runs into defenders and loses the ball pretty much every time. I wouldnt care if he didnt score if he just passed it and set someone else up now and again

1 minute ago, warlock said:

But some time, eventually, there has to be a final product. I think he's done better in this game than any so far, but he can't just run it forward and give it away all of the time.

Look at Sterlings movement here, there's his end product and there should be a goal at the end of it. Not his fault Kane messed it up

2 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

He makes good runs yes, gets the ball yes, then runs into defenders and loses the ball pretty much every time. I wouldnt care if he didnt score if he just passed it and set someone else up now and again

Needs Kane actually making runs. And timing them well. 

Archived