Semi Final 2: Croatia Vs England (ITV, KO @19:00)

Hodgy

Who will win and go through to the World Cup Final?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Croatia
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/18 at 18:00

27 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Yeah but it's hardly the players' faults and the views of some don't exactly represent everyone in our nation.

Only Kane probably in answer to your question, but that's arguably between him and Eriksen.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that the players were the ones at fault, the problem with those views though are they're the views that are broadcast and heard the most, hence Modrics comments. If only the sensible views were heard, like Roy Keanes 

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

Croatians (particularly Vrsjalko and Modric) doing a lot of talking after the game.

As you people already quoted, Vrsaljko said that England reverted back to hoofing the ball in the second half due to pressing.

But noone mentioned the disrespect part.
He said it was referred to the media, not the players, who shown great sportsmanship.

Southgate also went to congratulate everyone on Croatian bench right after the FT.

Croatian coach and players were indeed very impressed with the way England players and especially Southgate conducted themselves. It's the press they were criticizing.

31 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Defenders should start and try heading the low crosses all the time.

Especially ones on the ground. That way it will be a dangerous play by the forwards all the time.

But what's that got to do with this debate. The ball was high, the foot was high. Walker's head was very near if not right by it.

8 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

But what's that got to do with this debate. The ball was high, the foot was high. Walker's head was very near if not right by it.

Don't forget, something happened in a match years ago too.

Inconsistency :mad:

Le 12/07/2018 à 10:13, Coulthard's Jaw a dit :

I love how international football usually has pretty random results in FM but this World Cup has actually followed it pretty closely.

523098596_WorldCup_2022.thumb.png.ce2becf28a9b262b5b408fcb61ddbeab.png

1 hour ago, scott MUFC said:

its the same flipping ref, not some random event years ago.

And how many matches do you think he's refereed in that time? Are you going to go over every single one with a fine toothcomb and list all the times he had a judgement to make which any ref could have seen multiple ways, or just claim that because he once sent off Nani but permitted the Perisic goal he's somehow a wildly inconsistent clown of a ref?

Jesus wept. Do you even understand the concept of human falability? No ref is entirely consistent, and no ref ever gets every single decision correct. This is the same ref that Hoddle was claiming after twenty minutes had given every single decision to England. It's not like he was biased and somehow got England punted out of the World Cup.

35 minutes ago, Cyp said:

523098596_WorldCup_2022.thumb.png.ce2becf28a9b262b5b408fcb61ddbeab.png

Lost count the number of times I've seen Scotland in World Cup and Euro finals on FM simply because I have Scottish leagues running. It's a huge flaw in the game. Home Nations players are invariably over-rated, and the quality of regens is just stupidly so. Even had an AI Gordon Strachan managed Scotland win 2018 World Cup in FM14 simply because there are a stupid number of Scots teens at the start of the game who invariably become World Class. It's a total nonsense.

il y a 51 minutes, Boltman a dit :

Lost count the number of times I've seen Scotland in World Cup and Euro finals on FM simply because I have Scottish leagues running. It's a huge flaw in the game. Home Nations players are invariably over-rated, and the quality of regens is just stupidly so. Even had an AI Gordon Strachan managed Scotland win 2018 World Cup in FM14 simply because there are a stupid number of Scots teens at the start of the game who invariably become World Class. It's a total nonsense.

neither scotland nor serbia leagues were running, and i manage in France (league loaded were : France, spain, italy, ger, england, mexico, brazil, argentina, portugal, czech republic and croatia)

2 minutes ago, Cyp said:

neither scotland nor serbia leagues were running, and i manage in France (league loaded were : France, spain, italy, ger, england, mexico, brazil, argentina, portugal, czech republic and croatia)

That makes it even more bizarre :D

Archived