FM 2009: Official AC Milan Thread - Rebuilding Needed?

Sir frosinone

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am in need of a tall striker with good heading ability for my AC Milan team to play upfront with Pato. I will be setting the new striker as a target man with balls to head, so he must be able to play in this role.

I have got a budget of £9.5mill

Oscar Cardozo...

Sell him and add that money and try to get Huntelaar.

Huntelaar is on the verge of signing for Real Madrid for £22.5mill so it's too late to get him :(. I think I will sell though.

Also, another offer that has just come in, it's for Gattuso, £3.1mill upfront and £11mill over 24 months. Players that can play in his DM/CM position are Ambrosini, Flamini and Pirlo. Also Banega is coming in July.

Thanks.

Flamini plays better on the left side of MC, while Gattuso is good on the other side. I often switch between Ambrosini and Flamini on the left side of MC. Besides Banega is not as good as he used to be in earlier versions. I'm in 2011 and still play Gattuso, Ambrosini a lot. Flamini is taking over Ambrosini's place though as his stats are rising incredibly, so is his form.

Got to splash €26M for Darijo Srna. He is now covering Milan's both flanks. Zambelli and Zambrotta on rotation. I also discovered Sergiy Gorobets another wb who can play on both flanks. His stats are similar to Srna and he's only 22. Lyon got him from Kiev for 5.5M and now they're asking for 37M. Not sure if my investment on him will win me the CL, so I had to stop at Srna.

I finished 2nd season the winner in Serie A, but it was very close. 4 other clubs (Juv, Roma, Viola, Inter) had the chance to win in the last match day.

In the 3rd season and finished top in January. 8pts and 10pts ahead Juv and Inter respectively. I had to bought Srna although almost half of the squad can play in defensive line (9 Dc and Wbs, 4GK) because people still question the strength of the backline. I concede the least in the league though.

Totally gutted, ive been sacked 3 days before the UEFA Cup Final!!!!!

Because i was only 6th in the league (although i still had 2 winnable league games remaining) the official reason was unrest in the squad!!

Losing the Italian Cup final to Inter Milan probably didnt help!!!

Proper gutted because i had Olympiakos in the Final who i fancied to beat...and they duly did 2-0 without me in charge 3 days later...it can be a cruel game!!!

You guys are crazy selling the likes of Gattuso and Pirlo, but hey, its your game! Why would you be Milan and sell their iconic players? I wish I had one of you guys as Milan manager in my Juventus game, iv been desperate to take Pirlo off them, but they're not interested in selling at all.

Im in my 1st season and iam top of the league at the beginning of january.

Barcelona have offered 44m for kaka and it has made him unsettled. Ive just brought in v d vaart on loan from r.madrid and ronaldinho is in excellent form. I dont no whether to sell kaka tho?

Iam also is desperate need for a striker who scores plenty of goals. I brought in cordozo start of the season and he has only scored 4 goals and his average match rating is 6.00. Pato has only got 6 goals.

Ive got 20m to spend, thinking about buying Huntelaar? any suggestions?

Here he is in 2011

kaka11gv4.th.jpg

He did not score a lot in the first two seasons but this season he grabbed 16 in serie A (out of 20) to be the highest scorer of the season although it's not over yet. All his goals are scored from AMC position although he can play as FC as I trained him.

After 3 seasons he still the best striker and best AMC among the like of Agüero, Ronaldinho, Pato, Rossi, Paloschi,... according to my coaches

You guys are crazy selling the likes of Gattuso and Pirlo, but hey, its your game! Why would you be Milan and sell their iconic players? I wish I had one of you guys as Milan manager in my Juventus game, iv been desperate to take Pirlo off them, but they're not interested in selling at all.

Weirdly enough, if you take a look at Weirdest transfer Thread, you will see there's a guy who plays Spurs in EPL managed to buy both Pirlo and Pato lol.

2011ur2.th.jpg

Finished the 3rd season people. I had a good run domestically but struggled in CL. Finished 2nd in a group with CSKA Moscow, Galatasaray, and Shakhtar. Beat B. Munich in the 1st knock-out, but not convincing (4-4 at home, 2-3 away). Stopped by Arsenal in Q.Final (won 3-2 at home, but lost 4-0 away). Arsenal won CL again. It's 3 times in a row for the Gunners since I start the game.

My objective in the next season is of course to win the CL. Here is my squad by July 1st 2011

A.C. Milan

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

GK: Juan Pablo Carrizo, Federico Vilar, Christian Abbiati, Sergio Asenjo, Leonardo Figueredo

Defense: Domenico Criscito SW, D CRL; Martin Caceres D RC; Thomas Vermaelen D LC; Nesta DC; Marco Zambelli D/WB RL, MR, DM; Zambrotta D/WB RL; Darijo Srna D/WB/M RL; Ivan Fatic D LC, WB L

MC: Miguel Veloso DC DM MC; Pirlo DM AMC, Gattuso DM M RC; Flamini DM MC; Luigi Bruins MC, AMC; Luca Cigarini DM, MC; Eyong Enoh AM C; Franco Zuculini DM MC

AM: Kaka AM/FC; Ronaldinho A RLC, FC; Sergio Agüero AM/FC; Pato AM/FC; Rossi AM/FC; Ivan Rakitic AM RLC; Diego AMC; Fernando Forestieri AM/FC; Tabaré Viduez AM/FC; Marco Borriello ST; Alberto Paloschi ST

I need some suggestions to gun down Arsenal as well as other clubs in CL.

Name: Tabare Viudez

Nationality: Uruguay

Club: Milan

Position: AM RC, MR, ST

Value: £3.6M ( January 1st season)

Sale Value: Not sure as I'm playing as Arsenal, probably £5M.

Work Permit Needed?: No

How good is he and how good does he become? Thanks..

I've really been looking forward to getting my Milan save up and running after a decent FM08 save.

I have finished season 1 and have played 5 games in season 2.

Season 1 -

Transfers In -

Arshavin £12.5M

Davide Santon £10M

Miguel Veloso £11.5M

Mamadou Sakho £10M

Mario Balotelli £14M

Felix Kroos £825K

Asenjo £6m

Pandev £18m

(Most of the fees are payable over 24 months)

Transfers Out -

Kalac £500K

Seedorf £7.5m

Pirlo £18.25m

Favalli £500K

Bonera £5m

Antonini £625k (co-own)

Overall on the transfer front I felt that I needed to clear out some of the dead wood and bring in some youth. I didn't want to sell Pirlo but the money offered was good and it gave me funds to bring in some good youngsters. I paid for most of my players by paying nothing upfront and paying in installments over 24 months.

Season Review -

After a good pre-season (5 wins and 1 draw) I was really expecting big things from my side. We started with a 433 formation but our hopes were dashed early on we struggled for goals. Due to the lack of goals I was on the receiving end of a few late 1-0 defeats but all in all we managed to have the best defensive record going into Christmas. As I have said the positives were an extremley tight defence, however, the negatives were a shocking goalscoring record, 8th place in the league and being dumped out of the UEFA Cup after a 4-0 defeat away at Dnipro!!!!!!! After Christmas I changed the shape and went for 5122 formation and it worked wonders. We went on a magnificent run that saw us win 12 out of 15 and average 3 goals a game. The 'magic square' upfront of Ronaldinho, (a fit again) Kaka, Pato and Pandev, with Borellio coming off the bech with 20 mins to go saw us soar into third place and comfortable Champions League qualification.

Season 2 -

In the summer I was given a whopping budget of £112M so I looked at getting in some cover for the 2 AM positions and strengthening at the back so I ended up getting:

IN -

Witsel £19m

Defour £14.5m

Aguero £36m

Barzagli £12m

Fazio £20m

Fiorillo £5m

OUT -

Arshavin £12m - didn't quite cut it and ended up being unhappy with a squad role

Flamini £25.5m - couldnt edge out Veloso and Gattuso and at 25.5m I couldnt turn that down

Ambrosini £7m - good money for a 32yo

Antonini £4m

Abiatti £5m

All in all I'm now desparately short at wing back. I've tried Marcelo but Real won't let him go, any ideas?????

Season 2 has started well. We are unbeaten in the league and sit second, and we also top our Champions League group with 100% record after beating Basel 4-0 and Weder Bremen 2-1.

Best 11 -

GK - Asenjo

CB - Nesta

CB - Sakho

CB - Fazio

RWB - Santon

LWB - Zambrotta

CM - Gattuso / Veloso

AM - Kaka

AM - Ronaldinho

CF - Pato

CF - Aguero

Subs

Pandev

Borellio

Witsel

Defour

Barzagli

Jankulovski

Gattuso / Veloso

This leaves me with Kaladze, Maldini, Oddo, Gourcouff & Ballotelli as back up.

I am trying to clearout the old deadwood in my Milan team too. They are good, but not in the same class as Inter IMO, so I need a strategy to improve them.

Season 1.

Players In:

Saivet: 5.75M Pounds

Marcelo: 4.4M

Guiseppe Rossi: 11M

Sakho: 5.75M

Fiorillo: 5.75M

Kaebi: 0.9M (Needed cheap cover @ RWB)

Gago: 6.75M

Caceres: 11.75M Pounds

Players Out:

Kalac: 0.5M

Pirlo: 24M (Am selling anyone over 29 if I get decent money for them - Arsene Wenger theory)

Season 2. (So far, am only at July 9th)

Players In:

Lautaro Acosta: 5.25M

Aguero: 37.5M

Players Out:

Ronaldinho: 22.5M

Still have a fair bit of money, any ideas?

I play 5-1-2-2 with 3 CB, 2 WB, 1 DM, 2 AM and 2 Strikers/Forwards

So far, my starting line up will probably be:

GK: Abbiati

LWB: Marcelo

RWB: Zambrotta

CB: Caceres

CB: Bonera

CB: Nesta (was injured whole of first season, but should replace Kaladze)

DM: Flamini

AM: Kaka

AM: Aguero

CF: Rossi

CF: Pato

Am thinking of buying genuine striker, goal keeper, centre back and even dos santos from tottenham as I still have 55M Pounds (plus I might even get rid of some dead wood)

I came 2nd first season, but performed poorly in UEFA Cup (I played my back up players most of the games).

UPDATE

I have bought/sold some more players

BOUGHT:

Giovani Dos Santos: 15M Pounds

Miguel Veloso: 25.5M Pounds

Hugo Lloris: 28.5M Pounds

Zambelli: 2.8M Pounds

Paloschi: 4.5M Pounds

SOLD:

Flamini: 14M Pounds

Gattuso: 6M Pounds

Seedorf: 750K Pounds

Antonini: 4M Pounds

Ambrosini: 1.9M Pounds

Oddo: 500K Pounds

I still have 20M Pounds for an out and out traditional striker (Rossi is the closest to that), but the transfer window ended before I could really get one (I'm happy enough with Aguero, Pato, Rossi, Saivet and Paloschi - although Aguero was actually signed as a replacement for Ronaldinho and Saivet/Paloschi are far from regular starting material)

NEW STARTING LINE UP:

GK: Hugo Lloris

CB: Sakho

CB: Nesta

CB: Caceras

LWB: Marcelo

RWB: Zambrotta

CM/DM: Veloso

AM: Aguero

AM: Kaka

CF: Rossi

CF: Pato

Subs

Dida (I let Fiorillo play in Res/U20's for regular match practice)

Kaladze

Dos Santos

Saivet

Bonera

Gourcuff

Fernando Gago

I need more cover for WB's, although I still have a little bit in reserves.

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK.

Mate, I think you've made some terrific transfer dealings, well done:thup:

Asenjo has been absolutely solid for me, didn't concede a goal in all comps for 900+ minutes.

Bought Bolzoni, Criscito, Sakho, Santocrace, Balotelli, De Ceglie, De Silvestri, Camacho, Davide Santon, and Fausto Rossi.

Something like 11 Italians in my 1st team, so stoked.

Also, the reasons why I did sell Gattuso/Pirlo was because a) Bolzoni/Camacho become way better than Rino b) Pirlo doesn't fit into my system of play at all and c) well I sell them while I can to get the highest value and buy alot of young players.

Simple economics really.

Is Gohkan Inler absolutely incredible in anyone else's game?

He's got something like 14 goals, 9 assists in 23 apps, unbelievable; wish I would've bought him instead.

na3c0

is carizzo realy that good, he play alot for u? 8 i been thinking of selling him in my game.

hows ratikic doing for u? i am intrested of paloschi and foriesteris results as well to couse i have those to.

/lazio fan

Carizzo is still as good as he is in FM08. Plus he's young for a GK. Finding a good GK is hard in FM09, better not sell him unless you got a good one first.

Paloschi is amazing ! Wonderkid for 3 seasons in my games. Forestieri is not as good as he used to be in FM08. I scouted him and bought him in 1st seasons but he did not developed as good as I hoped.

I haven't played Ratikic yet. He's just come from a free transfer. But very promising. For now he will be a good back-up for Kaka and Ronaldinho.

I've really been looking forward to getting my Milan save up and running after a decent FM08 save.

All in all I'm now desparately short at wing back. I've tried Marcelo but Real won't let him go, any ideas?????

Darijo Srna (Shaktar) . I also discovered Sergiy Gorobets (Kiev) another wb who can play on both flanks. His stats are similar to Srna and he's only 22.

Both of them are very good wingback and Marco Zambelli (Brescia) too, plus he's italian.

I have just finished my first season in charge of AC Milan and I had mixed displays throughout.

I finished 2nd in the Serie A on 90 points. Inter were sensational, only losing 2 games in the league all season, and only let in 14 goals. The final table looked like this:

seriea0809ci3.th.jpgthpix.gif

I won the Italian Cup, beating Fiorentina 2-0, after having a tought route to the final playing Lazio, Juventus and Inter.

I reached the UEFA Cup Final but it seems like my players didn't even bother to turn up as I ended up losing 3-0 against Everton.

My dealings in the transfer market:

milantransfers0809yt4.th.jpg

I feel that I made some good signings and good sales along the course of the season. I have already agreed to sign Banega (£6.5m), Cannavaro (free), Fazio (£16.75m), Fred (free) and VDV (£3m) and they are all coming 01/07/09. Also, Gattuso is leaving 01/07/09 for £10m.

Here is a screenshot of the squad from the 08/09 season:

milansquad0809ys5.th.jpg

An injury plaqued season for Pirlo saw him play only 9 times all season, which was a massive blow as I considered him as one of my best players. Hopefully he will stay injury free next season and help me push for the Serie A.

Overall, I thought I had a good season due to me not expecting to win the league because I knew that Inter would be too strong. I was happy to win the Italian Cup and happy to reach the UEFA Cup Final, eventhough I was a little dissapointed about the result.

Any feedback is encouraged and any advice on players to sign is also encouraged.

Thanks.

But it's just not the Milan way.

When I manage Milan, I manage them as a Milan manager.

Yes, thats exactly what I do, with any team. Otherwise you would just end up with the same Veloso, Diarra, Huntelaar, Sakho at every major club you manage. The game would get too easy and repeptive if you didn't try and bring a different transfer policy and playing style to each club you manage.

E.g with Milan it would be an experienced Italian base, with some South American supertalents, playing a diamond 4-1-2-1-2, or christmas tree 4-3-2-1, both formations with no wingers, and a deep-lying playmaker.

Yes, thats exactly what I do, with any team. Otherwise you would just end up with the same Veloso, Diarra, Huntelaar, Sakho at every major club you manage. The game would get too easy and repeptive if you didn't try and bring a different transfer policy and playing style to each club you manage.

E.g with Milan it would be an experienced Italian base, with some South American supertalents, playing a diamond 4-1-2-1-2, or christmas tree 4-3-2-1, both formations with no wingers, and a deep-lying playmaker.

agree 100% with this. exactly what i'm trying to say.

That's a great post. That's what playing Milan is all about and that's what makes FM great for me, the first paragraph sums up what I was like when I was younger playing CM 01/02 with the young Swedes etc in my team.

carlo sheva was spot on in his post, also. That squad quoted could be Man City in season 2 for all we know, certainly not for posting in the Milan thread in my opinion.

ahh after a while, im back!

finally, im uptodate in this game lol instead of playing a year behind

will give milan a red hot go tonight and keep everyone posted

imo, the fact that milan have such little budget and such high a wage bill sucks majorly. i am tempted to terminate shevas loan immediately but i may need him.

im thinking of playing 4-2-2-2 with two CMs and an AMR and AML....

anyone else got any other suggestions?

That's a great post. That's what playing Milan is all about and that's what makes FM great for me, the first paragraph sums up what I was like when I was younger playing CM 01/02 with the young Swedes etc in my team.

carlo sheva was spot on in his post, also. That squad quoted could be Man City in season 2 for all we know, certainly not for posting in the Milan thread in my opinion.

"couldn't agree more" :)

I was really enjoying my AC Milan save, completed my season as you can see from my post above ^^^. And then I get the 24th July 2009 crash so I can't carry on :(. Does anybody know if I will be able to carry on the save when the next patch is released?

I was really enjoying my AC Milan save, completed my season as you can see from my post above ^^^. And then I get the 24th July 2009 crash so I can't carry on :(. Does anybody know if I will be able to carry on the save when the next patch is released?

feel sorry for you harry. as far as i know, no official information whether a crashed save game can be replayable after installing the next patch. i kinda know how you feel because i experienced similar situation with fm2007. maybe starting a new one will help... keep up the spirit.

Going to start a Milan game soon, and I will be looking to keep things the Milan way. This is with an experienced squad with a good Italian backbone, playing a narrow 4-3-2-1. Milan don't sign many players, so i'll be looking to keep the squad down to 22 players max, 2 players for each position, with about half of them Italians, and each player only brought in to replace another. Will definitely be scouting Brazil too, for the next Kaka and Cafu.

Going to start a Milan game soon, and I will be looking to keep things the Milan way. This is with an experienced squad with a good Italian backbone, playing a narrow 4-3-2-1. Milan don't sign many players, so i'll be looking to keep the squad down to 22 players max, 2 players for each position, with about half of them Italians, and each player only brought in to replace another. Will definitely be scouting Brazil too, for the next Kaka and Cafu.

very good mr deejay10... finally found the real milanisti here..!!! i dont know how to make thumbs, but if i can i will give 5 thumbs for you. FORZA MILAN...!!!

Just start my season with milan, bought back Paloschi from Parma and he looks like an amazing prospect ! He is improving every month, and looks like a young pipo !

padogr9.jpg

He's currently playng as a backup behind Keirilson and Pato, but he ll strat next year if i got a great offer for pato:)

Didn't realise how initially difficult the Milan challenge is. In addition to the starting injuries, I now have Pirlo, Seedorf, and Ambrosini all injured! The squad is tiny, very little defensive cover. But il keep going trying to do it the right way, looking difficult getting the Milan style to work at the moment, but still playing the friendlies, so i hope it will come right when the real matches start.

And like the poster above, Leonardo recommended Rafael Carioca to me, potential to be as good as Pirlo! so i signed him for £3m, my only signing so far. Might try and sign a CB or LB too, but thats it pre-season.

kept almost every single player and bought zhirkov(sp). sent sheva back during jan cos he's not perforning with his huge wages. bought adriano for 8 mil euro as replacement.

It takes Sheva a while to settle back in, he was average until after Christmas when he banged in a very reasonable season tally of 16 goals for me.

Archived