FM 2009: Official AC Milan Thread - Rebuilding Needed?

Sir frosinone

malikoi

Nope. I don't believe in OI's. I feel that they pick apart your carefully constructed settings and make your team do things you don't want them doing.

Personally I don't think Ronaldhino would fit into the MC role. He can pass sure, but what you need from your MC's are power-houses who can run for 90 minutes and if not tackle, be able to pressure opponents (why Moutinho is good here, his mental stats are just amazing for this role). Veloso is the other option I have centrally as he can do the job just as well as Moutinho at MC. The AMC effectively just needs to be someone who can link up play well. He needs to be able to move off-the ball making space for himself and linking the play from your midfield to your strikers. Fabregas is the perfect person for this role, so that should tell you something of the sort of player that should be there. Personally I would re-train Buonanotte to FC and have him player alongside Kaka as your Striker. The formation requires creative and very quick strikers who can dribble and finish chances as well as create their own.

Again, I'm not 100% sure why you are losing as I have basically the same squad and I haven't even come close to losing a game yet. :(

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey just starting a game with Milan. Any ideas who I should be looking to sign?

Federico Villar (Atlante), Great GK. Can be picked up for around £2M. Expect a bit of competition to by him though.

David Luiz (Benfica) CB

Veloso (Sporting CP) DM

Artem Milevskyi (Cant remember what club but hes on the Ukraine national team you can find him there) ST

I just started yesterday a new game with A.C Milan.

Transfers in:

Fabio Aurelio, DL, 6 Mill Euro from Liverpool and doing a really good job

Vincenzo Fiorillo, GK, 5 Mill Euro from Sampdoria and straight forward in my 1st team as Abbiati is injured and Dida is crap

Edin Dzeko, ST, 4 Mill Euro from Wolfsburg

I'm in 1st place in Serie A with 5 wins and no loss and draw, but got eliminated in UEFA CUP, a crappy game lost in penalty kicks against Standart Liege.

My problem is that i can't get Dzeko and Pato to score, Dzeko has scored only 2 and Pato hasn't scored yet. If anyone can help with some instructions for these two se they can get along well and score more goals, would be very appreciated. My best scorer is Pirlo LOL, 6 goals in 7 games.

My formation is:

GK: Fiorillo (Abbiati)

DR: Zambrotta

DL: Fabio Aurelio

DC: Maldini

DC: Kaladze

DM: Pirlo

MC: Gattuso

MC: Flamini

AMC: Kaka

FC: Pato

ST: Dzeko

Hi I just started a game with Milan using the 9.0.3 patch and I'm already faced with a dangerous injury crisis (grr). Most of my defense is out, Kaladze is out for 6 weeks, Maldini for 3 months, Jankulovski for 2 weeks, Bonera is suspended, Senderos is working through his injury and I'm thinking I'm losing my mind at this rate!

Can someone help me with a good backup at the back (on any position) because this is completely absurd?

Transfers in:

Youngsters (loaned out)

Razvan Ochirosii

Henry Saviet

Franco Zucculini

Tomas Necid

Daniel Parejo

Current players:

Artem Milevsky (11 mil. euro)

Alessandro Rosina (4.5 mil. euro)

David Beckham (5.8 mil. euro)

Transfers out:

None (Pirlo is transfer listed)

I have 1.8 million (euros) left for transfers and I'm playing a 4-4-2, can someone tell me a decent backup for that kind of money?

@HoPeY, @Proto Tarkula - I got over the injury crisis with a bit of luck, winning my first 2 games (against Udineses and Siena) 3-1 and 1-4 respectively so I decided to convert my remaining transfer budget in extras weekly wages to get some extra money from the board. I did get some, but it was crap: they gave me an extra 525k. I will go for Goian in the winter break if he's still at Steaua, but he completely slipped my mind :D.

@boomheadshot45 - I loaned him out because I genuinely don't see what's so good about him. I like my DMs to play playmaker roles and Zucculini just doesn't cut it, IMO. Besides, Pirlo came around and he's doing great now, having scored 7 in 8 league games and assisting 5 more. I will get Zucculini back in the next season and try to get him in my first eleven every now and then but I want him to have some first team experience before I give him a starting role. BTW, on a similar note I almost lost the guy as I mistakenly accepted a loan offer from Napoli with 50k upfront and 525k at the end of the loan but he, luckily rejected it :).

Anyway, my season has been going pretty well so far, despite the fact that I've gotten lucky on quite a few occasions. In the first 2 games Udinese dominated me with their fast forwards and wide playing (blazingly fast by my standards) wingers but Pato and Milevskyi did something magical and put me 3-1 up by the 80th minute. The score however was never quite indicative of what happened in reality but I was pleased. I continued romping through Serie A with a wins on the line until I (stupidly) decide to let my assman take control over an away game at Catania... which I lost (grr) being the first game that I lost after a successful 9 wins in a row streak!

Kaka got injured just after he had gotten back and is now out for 3 months so I'm relying on Milevskyi and Pato upfront, and in the worst case scenario, I put Ronaldinho up there. However, whenever these 2 are out I switch to a 4-1-2-2-1 tactic with a wide AML and AMC based on TheBetterHalf's symmetrical tactic. I'm just wondering, is it ok to keep switching between 2 tactics this different in the season? I've never done it so often so I'm at a loss.

Third season over .. At last I managed to win the champions league lol .... I never thought it would happen ... well I won the league , champs league and italian cup so all is ok .... I turned down a 90 million bid for messi from real madrid lol .. I wanted to accept but I know I could'nt replace him ... only player I signed was zdravko kuzmanovic from athletico madrid for 8.5 mil .... i'll keep updating

4th season over ... did ok apart from being knocked out of champion league quarter finals, I managed to win a few trophys ... league, Uefa super cup, super coppa itaila, and fifa world club cup... Signed sakho for 30 million .. alot of money I know but his stats look immense... Also signed akinfeev on a free due to abbiati being old ....

Season Summary

Serie A: 3rd place - level on points with Juve but having lost against them both home and away my GD was useless. Managed to score the most goals in the league (103) but conceded many as well, ending up in 5th place after Italy's other top teams.

UEFA Cup: Knocked out in the semi-finals against Lyon in one of those matches that you can only see in FM. 31 shots on goal, hit the post twice, had 2 penalties denied, Hugo Lloris got MOM and during the penalty shoot-out Pirlo missed his penalty while some bloke from Lyon with 8 penalty taking scored the winning goal.

Italian Cup: Winners against Atalanta on penalties. They had two shots on goal and scored both while I repeated the Lyon disaster but Asenjo was great and defended 3 penalties. I ended up thrashing them in the next league game (right after the final) 6-0.

Transfers

IN:

*all prices in Euros

Miguel Veloso - 5.75 million in installments with 17.75 million after 50 league games. I overpaid a bit (could have got him for 17 million) but had no money to buy him outright.

David Luiz -7.5 million in installments.

Sergio Asenjo - 9 million.

David Beckham - 5.5 million.

Artem Milevskyi - 11 million.

Davide Santon - 5.5 million in installments.

Mamadou Shacko - 12 million + 20% profit.

Angel di Maria - 7.5 million in installments.

Alberto Paloschi - 2.7 million.

Alessandro Rosina - 4.4 million.

Youngsters:

Henry Saviet - 2.2 million (loaned)

Daniel Parejo - 750k (loaned)

Razvan Ochirosii - 300k (loaned)

Franco Zucculini - 200k (loaned)

Vaclav Kadlec - Free

Rausch - 1.4 million.

OUT:

Seedorf - 8.5 million

Ambrosini - 9 million

Kalac - 1.1 million

Antonini - 3 million

Emerson - 2 million

Jankulovski - loaned

Assorted youngsters - free released

Summary

Assuming nothing slipped away that's all of my transfer activity for the last season with Milan. Performances however are likely to only come in a few years. On paper I admit my achievements for this season have been disappointing (mostly to me :D) but considering the situation I was put in throughout most of the season I would say this is quite an achievement! After my first injury crisis was over with, and having won my first few games beyond any spec of doubt with scoring 3 goals/match things started slipping away quickly. With Kaka out for another 3 months just after he had gotten back and with injuries cramping my game style I had to keep switching between two-three tactics every 2 games or so in order to keep the team going. After I had lost my first game of the season at Catania a dry spell ensued with 1 win out of the next 4 games. Right after the last fixture in that set of disastrous matches I was facing newly-promoted teams at home which had gotten me within a point of Inter in the next 5 games! But then, obviously, disaster struck as ALL of my first choice players for the final third of the pitch were out of commission and I quickly racked up bad results. The winter brake came after a thrashing at the hands of that Portuguese bastard over at Inter (who's really cool IRL, btw :D) and I was now rocking back and forth between 4 and 5th places in Serie A.

Thankfully though the board figured it was time to help me and poured in with support offering me an 18 million euro budget increase which I supplemented with what money I have managed to gather from selling off undesirables. I bought most of my players during the winter transfer window including 3 brilliant players - David Luiz, Di Maria and Asenjo - who all helped ENORMOUSLY during what was left of the season... especially after I realized that out of the 6-7 players I had bought in the winter brake only Asenjo and Santon were eligible to play in Europe. Asenjo came right in the nick of time and took over in goal (Abbiati had gotten injured and was out for the rest of the season) and defended brilliantly. The moment Di Maria showed up Ronaldinho (my most consistent player for the first half of the season) started getting injured 2-3 weeks at the time so the Argentinian became my number one left winger. Finally David Luiz was Nesta's backup and played most of my league games as I tried to keep Nesta injury free for continental competitions. I won absolutely every game in Serie A for the rest of the season with the exception of 3 derbies - against Roma (D) , Inter and Juve which I both lost. My new found strength was reflected at the end of the season as from a 17 point difference between me and Inter at the beginning of the winter brake I closed the gap down to only 10 points by the end of the season.

In knock-out competitions I fared slightly better than in the league. I finished first in my UEFA Group but had to face the likes of Villa (away) and only some FM god knows how I escaped undefeated. In the knock-out stages I promptly dispatched AS Nancy and Stuttgart to get to the quarter finals against L'pool. Obviously the Reds were no match for me but Nesta's two brilliant corner goals helped reduce the margin of defeat to just 1 goal (it ended 3-2). At home I was confident I could beat Liverpool as I had only lost to Inter and Milan at home this season and had won ALL games up to that point at San Siro. Things didn't look good as Liverpool scored through a Riera screamer and it was an uphill battle to catch them (and score two goals). Things became nigh on impossible when Nesta picked up his second yellow in 10 minutes and was off. In 10 men, badly wounded and with the possibility of losing ANOTHER important game against home crowds we went all out. Kaka leved things on the 66th minute and then a wonder goal from Flamini in the 84th minute ensured we got our tickets for the semifinals, where we were promptly beaten by Lyon.

I won the Italian cup but this is hardly worth mentioning. My only real game was against Fiorentina and it was in the semifinals so I had two legs to beat them and did so promptly.

Overall

I would say that this season was pretty good considering a few things: I only signed 3 first team regulars (Asenjo, Beckham and Milevskyi) with Asenjo only joining us in the last half of the season. Beckham has been disappointing despite the fact that he assisted 25 goals. The man can't cross, most of those goals came from corners and he scored very little and very uselessly (i.e. in matches were I was 3-0 up). Milevskyi was also very inconsistent and mostly injured. Thankfully his place was taken over by Kaka (retrained FC) and the Brazillian bagged them in: 30 goals in 35 matches. The rest of the squad is pretty dull, and I SERIOUSLY need some quality for the NOW in defense as Zambrotta and Bonera are just not up to the task.

SPECIAL NOTE: Two players were so atrocious in my game that they deserved a special note: Jankulovski and Seedorf. I swear I don't understand how ANYONE can use Jankulovski as a back-up. The guy is a disaster! Singlehandedly lost 3 games for me, conceded an inordinate amount of penalties and contributed a WHOPPING 2 assists in 20 games! Seedorf on the other hand just simply sucked. Scored a single goal, shot from distance, never passed and he went in 2 two-footed tackles in less than 10 games.

New season update

Transfers:

IN

- Alessandro Gamberini - 44 million

- Alberto Aquilani - 60 million

- Akinfeev - 17.5 million

- Azilupcuenta - 21 million

- Jeremy Mathieu - 7.5 million

- Giuseppe Rossi - 20.5 million

- Emiliano Insua - 3.1 million

- Assorted youngsters - a couple of millions

OUT

- Kakha Kaladze - 9.5 million

- Marco Boriello - 11 million

- Daniele Bonera - 8.5 million

- Free transferred - Inzaghi, a bunch of players that returned from loan, loads of useless youngsters

- Loaned - Abbiati (ln. fee + future price), Shako (Liverpool), Paloschi (Villareal)

- Loaned - Assorted youngsters to different clubs.

Well the season started as I expected. After having spent millions in my last transfer window the board weren't so generous, I "only" got 104 million to spend on players. Not a bad sum, but not even close to what I would have needed to get some established players in defense so I again went the youngster way trying to get a good mix of players both young and old to fill in the slots that I desperately needed to be filled. I tried going all out for Srna, but at 65 million it seemed unacceptable for me to throw that amount of money at a player I could have bought for 15 million at the beginning of the game. I also tried to keep with Milan tradition and buy some Italian starters but I got burned badly with Aquilani who just simply hasn't proven himself and isn't worth even half of what I paid for him. Rossi and Gamberini have done a slightly better job but neither have been exceptional, coming in and out of my first 11 depending on my preferences on match day. Azilupcuenta and Mathieu have been quality however and are now first team regulars. Akinfeev is also OK but, ironically, the guy who's supposed to tutor Asenjo is mostly losing his first team spot to the youngster who's had wonderful performances. I also got Wolves as my feeder club, and they're in the Prem so I've sent most of my "un-loanbles", such as Santon and Insua, over to the Prem. Liverpool and Villareal came in for 2 of my star youngsters and I was more than happy to send both of them overseas as I just can't see them getting first team spots this early in their careers.

Back to the actual matches I've ripped Serie A apart so far this season! The new season started prefectly with a 2-0 win over Inter in the Supercup and I never looked back. I only dropped points at Sampdoria in a freak game that ended 2-2 but I beat Juventus and most of Italy's other mid-level teams both away and at home, something that puts me well ahead of Juventus (2nd) who've only played weak teams and have already dropped massive points despite the 3 point difference that's between me and them (I have 1 game in hand). In the UCL I've gotten a pretty tough group with Real Madrid (they barely tied me away, 1-1 after having lead for 70 minutes) along with Dinamo Kiev and FC Moscow (beat them 10-0). My only problem seems to come from midfield, where I have a bit too much quality. I haven't been able to pawn off Pirlo so I'll probably try selling Gattuso. As it is I've been switching between 4-4-2's of different alignments whilst keeping a 4-2-3-1 just in case things get bad up front.

--------------------------------TO BE CONTINUED ----------------------------------------------

@Ronaldo - thanks mate, trying to do my best but this game is running like you wouldn't believe on a brand new Macbook (top of the range) just because my OS isn't up to the minimum requirements :(

Season 5 over

Brilliant season overall. I won league again so thats 5 outta 5, won champions league and Italian cup ... Messi Was pure class only scoring 8 but 28 assists, I signed kroos from bayer and he was my creative spark working perfectly with miguel veloso in centre mid... Stevan jovetic was a revelation on the left wing banging in 16 goals and creating a load of chances for the strikers. Huntelaar managed a decent 28 goals with pato scoring 21 and Aguero was amazing scoring 19 goals but most of them was from the bench but he's the perfect replacement for huntelaar when he retires... Defence was solid with richards at right back , breno and thiago silva in the centre and lahm at left back.... I'll keep updating in pre-season :D

@grasu ... Great ins and outs mate :D and Yea it sucks when Fm runs badly :( ... I know lol .... Hows ya game going mate ? Post a SS of ya squad plz :D

@grasu ... Great ins and outs mate :D and Yea it sucks when Fm runs badly :( ... I know lol .... Hows ya game going mate ? Post a SS of ya squad plz :D

My game's ok, only played for an hour in the last 2 days. Last few games before the season brake have been disasters - I haven't won in 4 games (1-1 Torino, 0-3 R. Madrid, 3-2 Roma, 0-0 Inter) and I think I'll change my tactics around a bit as the one I'm using seems to be a bit too offensive (getting killed on counter-attacks).

BTW: how much did you pay for Lham?

I'll post an SS of the squad as soon as I get home and figure out how to take screenshots on Mac :D

Aguero on the bench? Aguero is easily better than Pato. Huntelaar and Aguero would be a great duo.

I bought aguero has a replacement for hunterlaar really but yea outta the combo I would agree with ya those 2 are awesome upfront.. @grasu. I bought Lham for 15.75 million mate and he's been pure quality :D

Season Summary

Transfers IN:

Laurito Acosta - 4.4 million.

Transfers OUT:

David Beckham - 9 million.

Genaro Gattuso - 11.5 million.

(winter brake transfers)

Competitions

Serie A - Definitely a better season than the last one. A couple of frustrating matches had me pulling my hair out in frustration but it all ended on a high note as I stole the title with 2 matches to go from Juventus who had an outstanding season.

Italian Cup - Won this competition. Not much to be said really, except one key match: A 5-0 victory over Inter!

Champions Cup - I had a group with Dinamo Kiev, R. Madrid and FC Moscow. Thrashed Moscow 18-0 on GD but was beaten by R. Madrid at home 0-3 and lost my first spot in the group. Thankfully, rest of the knock-out matches were great and I reached the final against Barcelona. I was close to a treble but ended up losing 4-1 to Barca.

Season details

Continued from last post: Before the winter brake things started looking a bit grim as I dropped off silly points against Torino and Roma, both matches which I had in hand. Concluded the first half of the season with a 0-3 at home against R. Madrid which was painfully inaccurate in the way the game went. 0-0 with Inter was also a drag as I had every chance to destroy them! In the winter transfer window I had no money or any specific targets in mind so I just simply kept with what I had and sold some players who never got first team football. Coming back from holiday I had a mixed run. Victories with 4,5-0 were overshadowed by incredible losses at Lazio (3-0 out of 2 ****ing shots on goal!!!) and Juventus (scored on all of their 3 corners). The Serie A title seemed a bridge too far for me at that point! But things started turning around after Inter thrashed Juventus at home 1-3 and Juventus damaged their perfect season with 2 away losses at Catania and Udinese, enough to keep me in front, if I was to beat Inter away. At the Meazza I lived a nightmare! Inter scored with their 2 damned shots on goal and they were 2-0 up at half-time! Coming back from a furious team-talk in the game brake my lads gave it their best but Inter had one more ace up their sleeve: Eneyema. It was just an incredible performance from the keeper... incredibly INFURIATING that is! Inter's back-up keeper had his first game of the season that night and NONE of my world-class strikers could beat him so it ended 2-1 after an Inter own goal! All of my hopes now lay on the shoulders of Juventus' two away games at the aforementioned Catania and Udinese. As Juve lost both and I won my home games against Roma and Catania I won the title on the last match day getting my first major trophy with Milan!

Italian cup was the same old tired affair as last year. I played Inter at home on the 2nd round and thrashed them 5-0 the way that I can only DREAM would happen in real life! Lazio was up next, with both home and away games to play and obviously were mere pickings for my team. 4-1 was the final score in both matches. I played Fiorentina in the final and beat them 2-0 but could have and should have scored more. A second consecutive Italian Cup didn't bring me much joy as I was still in all competitions and was going for the treble!

Champions League started as I've mentioned before with good wins over FC Moscow and ended with an unfair defeat at the hands of R. Madrid. In the round of 16 I got Sevilla which were no match for me at home, having won 5-1 against them. Away they managed a 3-1 "profiting" off my "wastefulness" but it was, alas, a bit TOO late for them. In the quarter-finals I again had to face Madrid. At the Bernabeu I lost 3-1 without much pump. Pretty much was beaten silly and they were above me in every conceivable way, could have easily ended 4-1. At home however I beat Real Madrid 4-0, Rossi scoring two goals, the last of which was a brilliant effort from 25 yards out! I was off to the semis and facing Porto to get to the final! First match was at home, and I almost threw my laptop out-the-window in frustration! Helton got man of the match, Porto scored 2/2 chances they got and the game ended 2-2, a totally unfair draw for my side. Stadio do Dragao however was a different match all together... in the second half! Thankfully I couldn't take it anymore and I let my assman handle it. We were 2-0 down in the first half, after another 2 shots-2 goals deal and that would have probably sent me over the edge if I would've seen the game :D! Thankfully we came back in the second half scored an amazing FIVE goals and got through to the final. In the final we were up against Barca, but in typical FM fashion everybody was out - just when I needed them! All of my strikers were coming back from injury, I only had two central defenders available (both of which were still injured) and generally things were just bad. No wonder I lost 4-1 (after opening the scoring) but what really put the icing on the cake was Akinfeev's wrong interception which allowed Henry to score the 4th goal. It was Akinfeev's first mistake of the season :(.

Players

Aquilani - after berating him in the first post he improved considerably, but was still far from what I would expect of a 60 million euro player. Scored 10, assisted another 12. Noting spectacular, just solid.

Rossi - when he was in a playing mood he was great, when he was in bad form however he was atrocious. Good as a back-up, nothing more.

Pato - exploded mid-way through the season but went on getting injured for 6-8 weeks at a time so after and amazing 7 in 3 run was benched for the rest of the season.

Kaka - exceptional as always. 32 in 35.

Gamberini - solid, nothing spectacular. Not worth the money.

Rosina - ended up being my main right winger. Assisted the most goals of the season. Scored a few. Solid player.

Akinfeev - good keeper, not nearly as spectacular as Asenjo though last season.

Mathieu - this is a DAMN good investment for anyone interested! He's cheap, lightning quick, technically gifted - genuinely good player that your assman will ALWAYS underrate.

Thiago Silva - brilliant. Scored 15 goals from corners. Probably will have to let Nesta go in order for him to step up.

Moutinho - very good. 12 goals from freekicks and long shots. Managed a few more crucial goals. Not that many good passes but still a brilliant player.

Shako - although he didn't play for me he earned a first team spot for Liverpool while on loan there! 35 matches, 6 goals, worldwide reputation IN ONE SEASON! He's coming back as a first team regular, no doubt.

Conclusions

This was a successful season, no doubt, but missing out on the treble was a bad stint. Not looking for much in the next season, except winning the CL and getting a better team. Ronaldo is interested in joining, so as soon as I get the transfer money, I will try and get him. Lham on the left wing should be Zambrotta's replacement and in the defensive compartment I'll be all set. Will probably try to also get De Rossi but I'll have to see how much Roma want for him. Wouldn't want to get burned with another Aquilani!

Season 6 Update So Far

7 games into the season and sitting top of the league and scoring alot of goals in each game, No ins and no outs due to having a quality squad already. I have about 160 mil to spend so gonna wait for some quality regens to come through.. 2 trophys in the bag already , Uefa super cup and Super coppa itallia.

Current Lineup

GK Sergio Asenjo

RB Micah Richards

LB Phillip Lahm

CB Breno

CB Thiago Silva

MR Lionel Messi

ML Stevan Jovetic

MC Miguel Veloso

MC Toni Kroos

ST Pato

ST Sergio Aguero

I'll keep updating has I get more into the season :D

End of season6, Trophys won

Seria A

Supercoppa italia

Fifa world club cup

Italian cup

Got to the final of the champions league and lost 3-1 to real madrid

Star Player

Sergio aguero scoring 36 goals

Players out

Hunterlaar 20 million to real madrid

Kuzmanovic 15 million to arsenal

Players in

Kees Bruins - Regen

bruins.th.jpg

Herbert Sarfo - Regen

sarfo.th.jpg

Carlos Perez - Regen

perezj.th.jpg

Geovane - Regen

geovane.th.jpg

@jeyjey07, Not many good italians knocking about on my game mate But I do have a good few quality youngsters coming through

Archived