Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Uncle_Sam

[FM18] USA & MLS with Pro/Rel (with MLS rules & format)

Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.e657ca54195e356b8407ccee77cd1630.png

This file is an adaptation of my USA & Canada Real Life Expansion file. It incorporates Promotion/Relegation into the USA professional league structure. 

image.thumb.png.197a1436138df40c12265442581174e9.png

This file is the FM realization of the dream of all the American soccer Pro/Rel advocates. It assumes that the USSF opens the pyramid for a system of promotion of relegation. Below is the league system format:

MLS

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Playoffs the same as in real life, top 6 from each conference advance to MLS Cup playoffs

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to NASL

 

NASL

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Top 4 from each conference advances to championship playoffs

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to MLS (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL

 

USL

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Top 4 from each conference advances to championship playoffs

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to NASL (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL D3

 

USL D3

-Play each team in your conference twice for 34 matches

-Top 4 from each conference advances to championship playoffs

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to USL (4 total)

 

All of the MLS squad rules still exist (which makes this file markedly different from my Custom USA Pyramid file). There is still a salary cap, designated players, Off-budget MLS will still hold a SuperDraft that draws players from the NCAA, and domestic players originate in the US Soccer Development Academy. Further development occurs in the Premier Development League and the National Premier Soccer League.

 

The file also adds (by popular demand) a U18 division for the Canadian Premier League.

 

DOWNLOAD: The download includes the League file (005_USA Pro-Rel 1.2) as well as several other club and international competitions that add to the experience of playing in the USA & North America. Some are realistic (Champions League, CONCACAF League, CFU Club Championship, Campeones Cup, International Champions Cup, CONCACAF Nations League & USA January Camp), some are revivals of defunct competitions (North America SuperLiga, UNCAF Interclub Cup, Pan-Pacific Championship, CONCACAF teams in the Copa Sudamericana), and one is a bit of a fantasy file based on speculation (Copa Nuevo Mundo). You can choose which competitions you want and which you don't.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/370ihf733oefvnt/Uncle_Sam_Editor_Files.rar/file

 

GRAPHICS: Logos and kits for all of the included competitions and clubs.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/78x94zoxi24hvot/USA_Expansion_Graphics.rar/file

 

EXTRA DB FILES: This download includes all of claassen's league files that I use. It also includes a "fix" for the USA Transfer Preferences.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cd2af6x8nnlvf24/Extra_Files.rar/file

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just uploaded a file that fixes MLS affiliate clubs using their parents' logos and kits. I also posted a link for graphics and the claassen league files that I use with the continental competitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the "noob" question, but, once we download this file, what folder do we put each individual league/competition in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, #COYR said:

Sorry for the "noob" question, but, once we download this file, what folder do we put each individual league/competition in?

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/Editor Files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncle_Sam,

:)utstanding !!  Thank you for sharing your amazing work !!  Very nice job !!  

In your Real Life USA Pyramid thread, you mention it was possible to remove the salary cap and MLS squad rules while keeping the Drafts.  

Could you please tell me, how to remove the MLS salary cap in the Advanced Rules ?  I can't seem to find it.  I'm guessing it's somewhere in the USA Rules section.  I would really like to play this file  without the salary cap.

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dim13 said:

Uncle_Sam,

:)utstanding !!  Thank you for sharing your amazing work !!  Very nice job !!  

In your Real Life USA Pyramid thread, you mention it was possible to remove the salary cap and MLS squad rules while keeping the Drafts.  

Could you please tell me, how to remove the MLS salary cap in the Advanced Rules ?  I can't seem to find it.  I'm guessing it's somewhere in the USA Rules section.  I would really like to play this file  without the salary cap.

Thank you

 

Probably the easiest way is to go to USA -> Fixture Rules and Modify Rules "0". This is the default fixture rules for MLS, here you can set things like foreign player limits, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Probably the easiest way is to go to USA -> Fixture Rules and Modify Rules "0". This is the default fixture rules for MLS, here you can set things like foreign player limits, etc.

Thank you for the quick response, appreciated.  At work now and won't be able to open up the editor until tonight.  

I have experimented with the USA->Fixture Rules in the past, but didn't recall seeing anything for the MLS salary cap for each team.  There is a rule for Max Player contracts, but I don't believe this applies to the overall MLS salary cap for each team.  I really hope I'm wrong.     (did see the foreign player limits for squads).

 

Edited by dim13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dim13 said:

Thank you for the quick response, appreciated.  At work now and won't be able to open up the editor until tonight.  

I have experimented with the USA->Fixture Rules in the past, but didn't recall seeing anything for the MLS salary cap for each team.  There is a rule for Max Player contracts, but I don't believe this applies to the overall MLS salary cap for each team.  I really hope I'm wrong.     (did see the foreign player limits for squads).

 

Under something like "Overall Squad Rules" there is an option for Annual Wage. Making any changes to the MLS Fixture Rules will get rid of all of the rules, so you'll have to add whatever rules you want (Max Squad Size, Foreign Players, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

"...Making any changes to the MLS Fixture Rules will get rid of all of the rules, so you'll have to add whatever rules you want .."

I did not know that, and would have never realized this.  

Thank you so much !!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/Editor Files

Thank you sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il 10/7/2018 in 18:35 , Uncle_Sam ha scritto:

Just uploaded a file that fixes MLS affiliate clubs using their parents' logos and kits. I also posted a link for graphics and the claassen league files that I use with the continental competitions.

@Uncle_Sam so, with this file, USL club that are affiliated with MLS team can promote to MLS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PaMi 7 said:

@Uncle_Sam so, with this file, USL club that are affiliated with MLS team can promote to MLS?

Yes, they should be able regardless of affiliation and stadium size. With the exception of the B/II/2 affiliates (Sounders 2, Real Monarchs, Bethlehem Steel, etc). I tried to set it up so that none of the B/II/2 affiliates could be promoted to the top two divisions (MLS or NASL). It would be stupid to see Timbers 2 in MLS.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would put all of the MLS affiliated teams that can't be promoted in a separate league/division, maybe revise USLD3 so the league would be right above NCAA and right below the leagues/levels where teams can be promoted all the way into MLS.  Only thing is this would be getting away from the way it is (in reality).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you 100% sure that promotion is turned on? I was looking through the rules for each league and I saw they had relegation but none of them said promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2018 at 08:32, jcp1417 said:

Are you 100% sure that promotion is turned on? I was looking through the rules for each league and I saw they had relegation but none of them said promotion.

Yes, in all of my tests Pro/Rel worked as it should. My guess as to why it doesn't say anything about promotion is because no teams are promoted during the league stage but rather in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed a bug with NCAA.

Selected UMBC as my team. Game crashes whenever I click on the "Competitions" menu.

 

I think it may be a division mismatch. When I select a team it shows divisions in 20 groups named groups 1 - 20 but once you actually start it has the right names for conferences (American East in this case).

 

Edit: Wait why does it say there are -50 NCAA teams under the structure?

Edited by Kitties93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we need Claassen's continental competitions for this, alongside with his Central American leagues, like you're advising in your other thread, or is it better to use your files with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2018 at 19:17, Uncle_Sam said:

image.thumb.png.e657ca54195e356b8407ccee77cd1630.png

This file is an adaptation of my USA & Canada Real Life Expansion file. It incorporates Promotion/Relegation into the USA professional league structure. 

image.thumb.png.197a1436138df40c12265442581174e9.png

This file is the FM realization of the dream of all the American soccer Pro/Rel advocates. It assumes that the USSF opens the pyramid for a system of promotion of relegation. Below is the league system format:

MLS

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Playoffs the same as in real life, top 6 from each conference advance to MLS Cup playoffs

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to NASL

 

NASL

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Top 4 from each conference advances to championship playoffs

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to MLS (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL

 

USL

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Top 4 from each conference advances to championship playoffs

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to NASL (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL D3

 

USL D3

-Play each team in your conference twice for 34 matches

-Top 4 from each conference advances to championship playoffs

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to USL (4 total)

 

All of the MLS squad rules still exist (which makes this file markedly different from my Custom USA Pyramid file). There is still a salary cap, designated players, Off-budget MLS will still hold a SuperDraft that draws players from the NCAA, and domestic players originate in the US Soccer Development Academy. Further development occurs in the Premier Development League and the National Premier Soccer League.

 

The file also adds (by popular demand) a U18 division for the Canadian Premier League.

 

DOWNLOAD: The download includes the League file (005_USA Pro-Rel 1.2) as well as several other club and international competitions that add to the experience of playing in the USA & North America. Some are realistic (Champions League, CONCACAF League, CFU Club Championship, Campeones Cup, International Champions Cup, CONCACAF Nations League & USA January Camp), some are revivals of defunct competitions (North America SuperLiga, UNCAF Interclub Cup, Pan-Pacific Championship, CONCACAF teams in the Copa Sudamericana), and one is a bit of a fantasy file based on speculation (Copa Nuevo Mundo). You can choose which competitions you want and which you don't.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/370ihf733oefvnt/Uncle_Sam_Editor_Files.rar/file

 

GRAPHICS: Logos and kits for all of the included competitions and clubs.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/78x94zoxi24hvot/USA_Expansion_Graphics.rar/file

 

EXTRA DB FILES: This download includes all of claassen's league files that I use. It also includes a "fix" for the USA Transfer Preferences.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cd2af6x8nnlvf24/Extra_Files.rar/file

I like the fact that the CPL has a under 18 league so that when the youth intake day happens in canada that the 16 year olds arent rushed into the CPL league and that I can take my time to develop them and that my youth intake players can take their time and develop and get alot of field time instead of loaning them out and i can recall them up at any time.

Just wondering how many games does the CPL U18 team play per season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Do we need Claassen's continental competitions for this, alongside with his Central American leagues, like you're advising in your other thread, or is it better to use your files with this?

I’m wondering the same thing before I start my file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncle Sam just wondering how does ncaa work..

i know the mls teams pull their players from super draft for it but I mean if we play as ncaa when and where do the players come from? Like are they youth intake players or do u sign them when they turn 18 and hen stay until 22? Can we sin youth intake players from say other countries or even mls teams or just in general ufa players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2018 at 07:44, Uncle_Sam said:

Probably the easiest way is to go to USA -> Fixture Rules and Modify Rules "0". This is the default fixture rules for MLS, here you can set things like foreign player limits, etc.

Played around with removing the salary cap.  Had success, but after simming 5 years or so teams have a lot of players on their roster that are grayed out.  Can't figure out what I need to do to prevent the grayed out players from showing up on teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question.. if I start a club in the lowest league but don’t want to put it in USA like another Canada team will I get Canada youth intake and if so how do I set it up like that so I do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

How did you get around the issue of the Competitions like the Cascadia Cup , Brimstone Cup , Heritage cups etc . If one of those teams got relegated then they could not compete in those cups ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i came across something last night...

 

So i moved Ottawa to CSL which in the end after i gave the change a try that i dont want to put Ottawa in CPL i want to keep it in USL. SO anyways i went and swapped Ottawa to CPL, Bethlehem to USL and then Hamilton SC to USL D3 just for my story of how i am am going to be a professional team..

 

When i went to go check my schedule it had both CSL and D3 games scheduled it had both Hamilton Forge FC in D3 and then Hamilton in CPL as well, My question is not only do i change it in teams but also teams next year or what ever the tab is in the editor as well like not sure what to change or do i just create a whole new team anyways. 

My second question is when my team gets as high as MLS i want to have an academy team. What do i do for my Academy team just create a U18 squad and then just assign it to the came legaue that the academy is in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got someone over at fm base uk to create the CPL logo how do i go about getting that to work in the game as there is no zip file or fml or what ever the logo document file is its just the png file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Uncle Sam I have a FM19 project similar at this, my questions are:

1) How do you do to insert pro/rel with MLS rules format including salary cap, all stars match, ecc?

2) The USL team that are affiliated with MLS team can promote to MLS? If yes, how do you do this?

 

Thanks in advance

Edited by PaMi 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 3 heures, PaMi 7 a dit :

@Uncle Sam I have a FM19 project similar at this, my question are:

1) How do you do to insert pro/rel with MLS rules format including salary cap, all stars match, ecc?

Thanks in advance

Good question... I'm interessted too !!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...