The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Three: A Trip To Italy, Reggina here I come)

mark wilson27

January 1st 2021:
After my short but disastrous spell in charge of Sheff.Utd I was glad I didn't have too wait too long before I was offered a new job as Serie C/C side Reggina offered me the chance to take over as their manager. I have been given a one year contract worth £1,000 per week with the chairman expecting me to reach the Serie C play-offs. I have no transfer budget at the moment and will only get a small amount of money back from any transfers I make.
We currently sit on top of the table on 49pts two points ahead of their nearest rival Siracusa after twenty two games of thirty eight.

To be fair the squad isnt too bad and I think I can cope without bringing in any players. I will of course be willing too let some go if the right offer comes in. The current squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:
Ettore Lagomarsini (capt), Mattia Licastro

Defenders:
Giuseppe Pacini, Leonardo Muchetti, Alfonso Lombardi, Francesco Checcucci, Atila Varga, Jevrem Kosnic, Michele D'Ambrosio (On Loan), Alessandro Tozzi, Armando Anastasio

Midfielders:
Marko Djuric, Marco Martinelli, Attilio Carpentieri, Ignazio Battista, Cristian Di Gaetano (On Loan), Marco Mariani, Davide Colombo (On Loan), Tullio De Francesco

Attack:
Simone Dell'Agnello, Facundo Lescano, Paolo Ghiglione (V.Capt), Valerio De Luca

January 7th:
Injury news sees M.Djuric out for around 4-5 weeks after twisting his ankle during training

January 23rd:
Siracusa (H) Serie C/C (23/38)
A slow start to the game saw both my players and the Siracusa players failing to string more than a few passes together which made the game very scrappy. The first half only saw the one real chance as D.Colombo tried his luck from outside the area but the Siracusa keeper just watched it over the crossbar.
The second half was alittle better as my players started to put some pressure on and on the 63rd minute A.Carpentieri headed just wide of the post from an A.Anastasio cross. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with S.Dell'Agnello rattling the crossbar after half volleying a D.Colombo cross. With three minutes remaining in the game we broke the deadlock as F.Lescano beat the offside trap and fired in under the keeper to give us all three points.

Reggina 1-0 Siracusa F.Lescano 87

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga (M.D'Ambrosio), J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, I.Battista (C.Di Gaetano), A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli (M.Mariani), D.Colombo, F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello

Booked: M.Mariani

January 31st:
Lecce (A) (24/38)
We never got started in this game as Lecce dominated the play and on the 18th minute they came close to taking the lead with a fine strike which saw E.Lagomarsini at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later my keeper again saved the day after my defence failed to intercept a simple cross. On the stroke of half time Lecce had a goal ruled out after the referee had adjudged G.Pacini to have been fouled in the build up.
The second half held no respite for my players as we were battered  from the start. Four minutes into the half E.Lagomarsini again saved the day with a fine save from close range after my defence seemed to be asleep. We weren't getting close to the ball and just after the hour E.Lagomarsini blocked at the feet of the keeper after the Lecce attacker beat the defence with ease. We weren't good enough and failed to register a single effort throughout the game.

Lecce 0-0 Reggina

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, I.Battista (C.Di Gaetano), A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli (P.Ghiglione), D.Colombo, F.Lescano (M.Mariani), S.Dell'Agnello

Booked: A.Varga, G.Pacini, A.Carpentieri, A.Anastasio

Monthly Review:
Serie C/C: 1st (+3pts)

February 2031:
February 2nd:
The physio has informed me that G.Pacini has been sent home with a virus and will not return too the squad for around 11 days, also P.Ghiglione will be missing for around the same time after straining his wrist during training

February 6th:
Melfi  (H) (25/38)
Two minutes into the game we took the lead as A.Carpentieri jinked into the area and fired under the onrushing keeper. On the 19th minute we had another chance to score with S.Dell'Agnello beating the offside trap and firing towards goal but the Melfi keeper managed to block the effort. Twelve minutes later though Melfi had the chance to equalise with a rasping effort which E.Lagomarsini tipped round the post. With four minutes remaining in the half M.Martinelli rattled the crossbar after running onto a loose ball.
The second half was eight minutes old when we doubled our lead with a well struck effort from F.Lescano which beat the keeper into the top corner. Soon after though Melfi had the chance to pull one back with a great team move which was thwarted by a brilliant save by E.Lagomarsini. Melfi were getting the better of the chances and on the 78th minute they pulled a goal back as G.Lopez ran onto a through-ball to fire in under E.Lagomarsini. Luckily for us though Melfi couldn't create another chance and we managed to get all three points

Reggina 2-1 Melfi A.Carpentieri 2, F.Lescano 53 / G.Lopez 78

E.Lagomarsini (capt), L.Muchetti (M.D'Ambrosio), A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, I.Battista, A.Carpentieri (C.Di Gaetano), M.Martinelli, D.Colombo, F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello (M.Djuric)

Booked: A.Varga, M.Martinelli

February 10th:
Injury news sees M.Licastro out for around a fortnight after straining his abdominal muscle

February 13th:
Monopoli (A) (26/38)
Eight minutes into the game we went a goal down as L.Florini jinked past my defence with ease and fired under the keeper. Soon after they came close to adding a second with a well struck shot from just inside the area but E.Lagomarsini managed to tip it around the post. On the half hour Monopoli came close again after beating my defence to a loose ball but E.Lagomarsini again saved the day.
During the half time interval my players were told in no uncertain terms I wanted an improvement. (Fair enough they probably didn't understand my Derbyshire accent)
The second half was ten minutes old when Monopoli came close to a second goal with a well worked effort which had E.Lagomarsini at full stretch to save. However on the 77th minute we were handed a huge bit of luck as M.Djukic powerful effort was adjudged to have been handled, S.Dell'Angello stepped up and fired the penalty past the keeper. Seven minutes later we took the lead with M.Carminati diverting a M.Martinelli cross past his own keeper. Deep into injury time Monopoli managed to score another own goal with M.Bei diverting a S.Dell'Angello shot past his keeper to give us a very dubious victory

Monopoli 1-3 Reggina L.Florini 8 / S.Dell'Angello 77 pen, M.Carminati 84 og, M.Bei 90+3 og

E.Lagomarsini (capt), L.Muchetti, A.Varga (M.D'Ambrosio), J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, I.Battista, A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli, D.Colombo (C.Di Gaetano), F.Lescano (M.Djuric), S.Dell'Agnello

February 17th:
The clubs physio has informed me that P.Ghiglione will be out for around 2-3 weeks with a calf strain, also M.D'Ambrosio has been sent home with a virus and will be out for around 9-11 days

February 21st:
Casertana (H) (27/38)
We were again the better side and on the 22nd minute we broke the deadlock as S.Dell'Agnello beat the offside trap with ease and fired with pace past the Casertana keeper. Eight minutes later we had another chance after D.Colombo ran into the area unmarked but his final shot was dire and it went well wide of the post. With five minutes remaining in the half we double the lead as A.Carpentieri jinked through the area with some skill to round the keeper and slot the ball into the net,
The second half was again all us and on the 58th minute V.De Luca rattled the crossbar from 20 yards after running onto a loose ball. We carried on the pressure but we just couldn't get past the stubborn keeper who managed to block shot after shot.

Reggina 2-0 Casertana S.Dell'Agnello 22, A.Carpentieri 40

E.Lagomarsini (capt), L.Muchetti, A.Varga (G.Pacini, J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, I.Battista (C.Di Gaetano), A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli, D.Colombo, F.Lescano (V.De Luca), S.Dell'Agnello

February 21st:
Some good injury news sees M.Licastro back in full training following his abdominal strain 

February 22nd:
For the second time in my career the club I'm at is at the centre of takeover talks, the only problem this time is that I haven't been at the club very long so hopefully my job will be safe. The mystery buyer has been reported to be wanting to put money into the club investing in new players and facilities

February 24th:
The mystery tycoon has been revealed as Japanese tycoon Tatsuya Yamada announced that he will be putting £42,000,000 into the club to clear the debts, however we have been put under a transfer embargo until it has been sorted out. Not that we had any money to buy any players

February 26th:
Well that was over quickly as Tatsuya Yamada has taken over the club and told me that my performance will be only judged on what I do from now. I have been informed that we will have a transfer kitty of £11,500,000 when the next transfer window opens

February 27th:
Cosenza (A) (28/38)
The start of the game wasn't up to much to be fair with the majority of the play being in the middle third of the pitch. It took till the stroke of half time for the first effort of the game as P.Giusti fired in a wonderous strike to give Cosenza the lead.
The second half was three minutes old when we levelled the scores as S.Dell'Agnello rose above the defence to head in a M.Martinelli cross. The goal seemed to lift us as my players started to control the game and on the hour mark we had another chance to score with a low shot from M.Djuric but the keeper was on hand to block the effort. We were all over Cosenza and then with eight minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winner with a fine strike which beat the keeper into the top corner to give us all three points

Cosenza 1-2 Reggina P.Giusti 44 / S.Dell'Agnello 48, 82

E.Lagomarsini (capt), L.Muchetti, A.Varga (C.Pacini), J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, I.Battista, A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli (C.Di Gaetano), D.Colombo, F.Lescano (M.Djuric), S.Dell'Agnello

Booked: A.Anastasio

Monthly Review:
Serie C/C: 1st (+9pts)

March 2021:
March 1st:
Not the start to the month I wanted as the physio has informed me that I.Battista will be out for around three weeks after getting broken ribs during a training session

March 3rd:
Taranto (H) (29/38)
We began the better again and on the 16th minute we took the lead with S.Dell'Agnello firing in from just outside the area much to the delight of my home crowd. Seven minutes later we added a second goal from the penalty spot after S.Dell'Agnello was brought down in the area, F.Lescano stepped up and fired home. We continued the pressure in the first half without getting close to adding a third.
The second half was much the same as we piled forward and on the 68th minute we grabbed our third goal with S.Dell'Agnello dinking the ball over the keeper after spotting him off his line. We were all over Taranto but with two minutes remaining in the game L.Scarino pulled a goal back with a well struck shot which gave E.Lagomarsini no chance of saving.

Reggina 3-1 Taranto S.Dell'Agnello 16, 68, F.Lescano 23 pen / L.Scarino 88

E.Lagomarsini (capt), L.Muchetti, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, C.Di Gaetano, A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli (P.Ghiglione), D.Colombo (F.Checcucci), F.Lescano (M.Djuric), S.Dell'Agnello

Booked: C.Di Gaetano, M.Martinelli, A.Anastasio

March 10th:
The club physio has informed me that A.Tozzi has been sent home with a virus and will not return for around two weeks

March 14th:
Juve Stabia (A) (30/38)
Nine minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as F.Lescano fired in from the penalty spot after D.Colombo was brought down. It wasn't long till we added a second with F.Lescano grabbing his second after running onto a poor placed Juve pass. With six minutes remaining in the half I was forced into a change as S.Dell'Agnello received a blow to the head and was forced off the pitch. M.D'Ambrosio was his replacement.
The second half was seven minutes old when Juve grabbed a goal back as B.Gloe beat the offside trap and slotted in past E.Lagomarsini. On the hour mark we had the chance to regain our two goal advantage with M.D'Ambrosio crashing the ball against the crossbar. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we finally got the killer goal as P.Ghiglione headed in a D.Colombo corner. 

Juve Stabia 1-3 Reggina B.Gloe 52 / F.Lescano 9 pen, 20, P.Ghiglione 79

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga, J.Kosnic (P.Ghiglione), A.Anastasio, M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli (C.Di Gaetano), D.Colombo, F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello (inj 39-M.D'Ambrosio)

After the game I was informed that S.Dell'Agnello's injury is just a mild concussion and will be out for around 5-6  days. On the brighter side of things the result has meant that we are guaranteed a play-off spot

March 20th:
Rende (H) (31/38)
It didn't take long till we opened the scoring as on the 6th minute F.Lescano beat the offside trap and fired with pace past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score with a long range effort from M.Mariani which had the Rende keeper at full stretch to save. On the 37th minute we had our next chance to score as M.Martinelli threaded the ball to the feet of S.Dell'Agnello who lashed the ball just wide of the post.
The second half was much the same as we continued the forward pressure and on the 57th minute we had another effort well saved by the Rende keeper from a F.Lescano shot. We finally grabbed the second and final goal on the 71st minute as A.Carpentieri hit a wonderful effort into the top corner to secure all three points.

Reggina 2-0 Rende F.Lescano 6, A.Carpentieri 71

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli, D.Colombo, F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello

March 21st:
The physio has informed me that I.Battista will be back in full training following his recent rib injury, however A.Varga will be out for around three days with a bruised thigh following a training ground clash. Also F.Checcucci will be out for three weeks after twisting his ankle during the same training session

March 27th:
Torres (A) (32/38)
Torres began the better and it only took till the 9th minute for them to score as they broke into the area with ease but E.Lagomarsini block the effort with a brave save. Ten minutes later they had another chance with G.Pacini fluffing a clearance but E.Lagomarsini saved the day again. We were being outplayed with ease but deep into a injury we were awarded a penalty after a long ball upfield saw F.Lescano hauled down in the area, F.Lescano stepped up and fired the penalty past the keeper.
The second half was four minutes old when Torres grabbed the equaliser they deserved as L.Belotti ran through my defence with ease and fired under E.Lagomarsini. On the 63rd minute Torres were reduced to ten men after F.Longo was given a second yellow card which was of course followed by a red. S.Dell'Agnello stepped up for the free-kick and fired it past the Torres keeper and into the back of the net. With ten minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to kill the tie off  as M.D'Ambrosio jinked into the area and unleashed a thunderous effort towards the top corner which was brilliantly saved by the keeper

Torres 1-2 Reggina L.Belotti 49 /  F.Lescano 45+2 pen, S.Dell'Agnello 63

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga (P.Ghiglione), J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli (C.Di Gaetano), D.Colombo, F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello (M.D'Ambrosio)

More injury news sees A.Varga out for around 9-12 days after straining his neck during the match

March 31st:
Yet again we have had some poor injury news as T.De Francesco will be out for around 3-4 weeks after straining his back during training

Monthly Review:
Serie C/C: 1st (+15pts) (Play-offs)

April 2012:
April 7th:
Fondi (H) (33/38)
The first half saw us controlling the game without even breaking a sweat however some poor finishing saw us failing to score. The second half though was barely a minute old when we opened the scoring as F.Lescano ran into the area unmarked and fired with pace past the keeper. We carried on the pressure throughout the half and with ten minutes remaining in the game A.Carpentieri gave us the killer goal with a thunderous strike which gave the keeper no chance to save.

Reggina 2-0 Fondi F.Lescano 46, A.Carpentieri 80

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga (P.Ghiglione), J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, M.Mariani (M.D'Ambrosio), A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli, D.Colombo (C.Di Gaetano), F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello

Booked: M.Martinelli

April 10th:
Vibonese (H) (34/38)
A dire performance by my players as we failed to string more than a few passes together. The first half saw us not register a single effort on goal, luckily for us Vibonese weren't much better. The second half was much the same with my side struggling with the basics of the game. However with nine minutes remaining in the game the winner was scored as Vibonese's G.Legras headed in from close range to give me my first defeat as Reggina boss.

Reggina 0-1 Vibonese G.Legras 81

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini (P.Ghiglione), A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, M.Mariani (M.Djuric), A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli, D.Colombo, F.Lescano (C.Di Gaetano), S.Dell'Agnello

Despite the pathetic performance other sides helped us out and we have clinched the Serie C/C title with four games to go. However I have told the players that we will celebrate properly after the season has finished.

Its not a bad kitty at all, the only problem with it, is that the chairman will be wanting some return on it

April 17th:
Messina (A) (35/38)
Another poor performance saw my side failing to capitalise on how poor Messina were. The first half saw us register just the one shot as S.Dell'Agnello rattled the crossbar from outside the area. The second half was alittle better as we pressed forward more and on the 69th minute we took the lead as C.De Risio diverted a M.Martinelli cross past his own keeper for an own goal. There was one more chance in the game as on the 88th minute S.Dell'Agnello failed to hit the target from close range when it was easier to score.

Messina 0-1 Reggina C.De Risio 69 og

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Anastasio, M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri (P.Ghiglione), M.Martinelli, D.Colombo (M.Djuric), F.Lescano (C.Di Gaetano), S.Dell'Agnello

Booked: J.Kosnic, M.Martinelli

After the game the club secretary informed me that M.Martinelli will miss the next game after reaching five yellow cards

April 20th:
Some good news on the injury front sees T.De Francesco back in full training after three weeks out with a back strain

April 25th:
Catanzaro (H) (36/38)
We dominated the first half with ease and on the 16th minute we took the lead as M.Mariani curled in an effort from thirty yards which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Six minutes later we made it two nil with F.Lescano running through the defence onto a D.Colombo pass and firing under the keeper. We were all over the Catanzaro side and just before the break we had a goal ruled out for offside.
The second half was again all my side but we couldn't get through the Catanzaro defence who had all ten players back however on the 83rd minute they countered one of our attacks and R.Moretto pulled a goal back for the away side but it was too little too late.

Reggina 2-1 Catanzaro M.Mariani 16, F.Lescano 22 / R.Moretto 83

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga, J.Kosnic (P.Ghiglione), A.Anastasio, M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri, M.Djuric, D.Colombo (A.Tozzi), F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello (C.Di Gaetano)

Booked: M.Djuric, A.Anastasio, J.Kosnic

I was informed after the game that A.Anastasio will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit

Monthly Review:
Serie C/C: 1st (+21pts) (Champions)

• 2 weeks later...

May 2021:
May 1st:
Catania (A) (37/38)
A tight first half saw us sharing possession in the middle third with Catania. It was however my side which had the first chance of the game as on the 34th minute S.Dell'Agnello again failed to hit the target from close range when by rights he should have scored.
The second half was more open with both my side and the Catania side stringing more forward passes together and on the 67th minute we finally broke the deadlock with a fine strike from P.Ghiglione which rattled in off the upright. Five minutes later though we let ourselves down after some woeful defending by G.Pacini saw G.Parodi heading from close range to give Catania a share of the points

Catania 1-1 Reggina G.Parodi 72 / P.Ghiglione 67

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Lombardi (P.Ghiglione), M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri, M.Djuric, D.Colombo (V.De Luca), F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello (I.Battista)

Booked: J.Kosnic, A.Varga, M.Djuric, A.Lombardi

After the game I was informed that J.Kosnic will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit as is the same with A.Varga. Maybe my players need to calm down alittle

May 8th:
Agropoli (H) (38/38)
Our final league game of the season and within seven minutes M.Baldini gave Agropoli the lead with a low effort which beat E.Lagomarsini to his near post. Soon after they had another chance but my keeper made amends for his earlier effort with a fine save. Agropoli were controlling the half with ease however they failed to make any of their chances pay off.
The second half was a lot better for my side after the half time “team talk”.  It took my side till the hour mark to get the equaliser as we piled forward and S.Dell'Agnello finally scored with a simple tap in from six yards. My side piled on the pressure and deep into injury time we got the final day win we wanted with C.Di Gaetano slotting in from just outside the area after the Agropoli defence seemed hesitant to react to a loose ball.

Reggina 2-1 Agropoli S.Dell'Agnello 60, C.Di Gaetano 90+3 / M.Baldini 7

E.Lagomarsini (capt), G.Pacini, F.Checcucci (L.Muchetti), M.D'Ambrosio, A.Lombardi (A.Tozzi), M.Mariani (C.Di Gaetano), A.Carpentieri, M.Djuric, D.Colombo, F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello

May 9th:
The physio has informed me that P.Ghiglione will be out for around 2-3 weeks after he suffered a calf strain during training and G.Pacini will be out for around 4-5 weeks after getting a sports hernia

May 19th:
AlbinoLeffe (H) Serie C Super Cup (1/2)
AlbinoLeffe dominated the game with ease as my players seemed to be thinking about their holidays however luckily for us E.Lagomarsini was on hand to do the Captains job and save us from being out of the game before the end of the first half. The second half was much the same and on the 63rd minute A.Cerde gave AlbinoLeffe the lead with a brave header from close range. We just weren't at the races and on the 86th minute the killer goal was scored with A.Cerde firing in from the edge of the area to give AlbinoLeffe the win and my players a “Wilson Hair Dryer” in the changing rooms

Reggina 0-2 AlbinoLeffe A.Cerde 63, 86

E.Lagomarsini (capt), L.Muchetti, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Lombardi (A.Anastasio), M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri, M.Djuric (V.De Luca), D.Colombo, F.Lescano (C.Di Gaetano), S.Dell'Agnello

May 22nd:
Lumezzane (H) Serie C Super Cup (2/2)
After the dire performance in the last game the players reacted well and controlled this game. On the 23rd minute we were awarded a penalty after S.Dell'Agnello was brought down in the area, F.Lescano stepped up and fired in past the keeper. We piled forward at every chance but couldn't add to our tally in the first half.
The second half saw us continue the pressure and on the 72nd minute F.Lescano fired in another penalty after M.Djuric's long range effort was handled. With eleven minutes remaining in the game Lumezzane pulled a goal back with there first chance as D.Speziale headed in from a free-kick. Deep into injury time Lumezzane were reduced to ten men after T.Arrigoni was sent off for a second yellow card.

Reggina 2-1 Lumezzane F.Lescano 23 pen, 72 pen / D.Speziale 79 

E.Lagomarsini (capt), L.Muchetti, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, A.Lombardi (A.Anastasio), M.Mariani, A.Carpentieri, M.Djuric, D.Colombo (V.De Luca), F.Lescano, S.Dell'Agnello (C.Di Gaetano)

Booked: M.Djuric

Despite the win we have failed to qualify for the Serie C Super Cup final

June 2021:
June 8th:
I have been informed by L.Muchetti that he will be retiring at the end of the month. I thanked him for his excellent service for me this season and the club throughout his career

June 14th:
The end of season awards have been handed out and F.Lescano has been given the golden boot award after scoring 21 league goals.
Despite winning the title only F.Lescano has been named in the Team of the Year

End of Season Club Awards:
Fan's Player of the Season: J.Kosnic (34%)
Signing of the Season: I.Battista (Free Transfer)
Young Player of the Season: A.Anastasio

End of Season Club Stats:
Top Scorer: F.Lescano 25 goals
Highest Average Rating: J.Kosnic (7.13) 
Most Yellow Cards: J.Kosnic (12)
Most Red Card: A.Carpentieri, S.Dell'Agnello, C.Di Gaetano (1)

End of Season Review:
Serie C/C: Champions (+ 22pts)
Serie C Super Cup: Knocked out in Group Stage

Serie C/C Table:
1st: Reggina (90) (Champions)
2nd: Cosenza (68) (Play-offs)
3rd: Siracusa (68) (Play-offs)
4th: Lecce (66) (Play-off Winners)
5th: Avellino (64) (Play-offs)
6th: Catania (64) (Play-offs)
7th: Fondi (64) (Play-offs)
8th: Melfi (61) (Play-offs)
9th: Catanzaro (59) (Play-offs)
10th: Messina (56) (Play-offs)
11th: Vibonese (54)
12th: Casertana (53)
13th: Juve Stabia (52)
14th: Olbia (50)
15th: Akragas (45)
16th: Taranto (42)
17th: Monopoli (40)
18th: Torres (19) (Relegated)
19th: Agropoli (16) (Relegated)
20th: Rende (15) (Relegated)

Season Six: 2021/22
July 2021: *Please note I forgot to screenshot the whole months details so could only get the fixture results*
July 14th:
We faced our first friendly of the pre-season with a game against FC Red Bull Salzburg and despite a string start we lost 4-2 with P.Ghiglione grabbing two early goals for my side

July 18th:
Our next friendly was an entertaining game for the fans as we drew 3-3 with APOEL as J.Kosnic and M.Mariani scored for us and the other goal coming from an own goal 

July 24th:
The next friendly saw us facing AC.Milan and despite playing well we went down 2-1 with J.Shaibu heading in from close range

July 31st:
The final game of the month saw us facing Forza Calcio and we thrashed them 4-0 with L.Belic, M.Martinelli, T.De Francesco and M.Mariani all scoring 

August 2021:
August 1st:
The draw for the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Italian Cup has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Vicenza

August 5th:
The physio has informed me that E.Lagomarsini will be out for around 6-8 weeks after breaking his shoulder during a training session

August 7th:
Vicenza (H) Italian Cup 2nd Qualifying Rd
We struggled to get going in our first competitive game of the season with little in the way of passing the ball forward. The first half saw neither my side or Vicenza getting close to scoring. The second half wasn't much better in truth with only the one shot towards goal and that came from G.Tutino who lashed the ball wide of the post.
After extra time the scores were still level and the game went into penalties.
We started first with S.Dell'Agnello firing in and this was followed by C.Giacomelli scoring as-well.
M.Djuric was next to score with S.Scarpa following suit to make it 2-2.
A.Varga was our next scorer however F.Urso did the same to keep it level.
A.Carpentieri stepped up and fired with pace past the keeper but D.Bianchi did the same to make it 4-4 going into the final set of kicks
L.Belic was our next penalty taker but his effort went high and wide of the post, unfortunately for us Vicenza's F.Andreoli wasted no time in sending his side through 5-4 on penalties

Reggina 0-0 Vicenza

D.Fedeli, G.Pacini, A.Tozzi (A.Accardi), A.Varga, A.Anastasio, I.Battista, M.Martinelli (M.Djuric), A.Carpentieri, G.Tutino, L.Belic (capt), J.Shaibu (S.Dell'Agnello)

August 10th:
More injury news sees F.Checcucci will be out for around 3-4 weeks after damaging his shoulder during a training session

August 13th:
The odds for the forthcoming Serie B season have been released and we have been quoted at 1000/1 to be Champions and quoted at evens to return to Serie C

August 14th:
We now faced a final friendly against Ludogorets who had knocked my previous side TNS out of Europe a few seasons back. My side this time faired better as we beat them 3-0 thanks to a brace from L.Belic and a fine striker from V.De Luca. However A.Carpentieri will miss around four day after receiving bruised ribs late in the game 

August 18th:
Some good injury news for once sees P.Ghiglione back to full training after his recent hamstring injury

August 22nd:
I have been asked to chose the clubs captain and vice captain for the forthcoming season. I have decided to have E.Lagomarsini as my captain with P.Ghiglione as my vice captain

August 26th:
Livorno (A) Serie B (1/38)
The first game of the league season saw both my side and the Livorno side doing little in the way of football for the first forty five minutes. 
The second half was alittle better as my side started to press forward and on the 67th minute P.Ghiglione fired just wide of the post when it was easier to score.. However that was about all the football we could manage in the game. 

Livorno 0-0 Reggina

D.Fedeli, G.Pacini, A.Accardi, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, G.Tutino, A.Carpentieri (M.Djuric), M.Martinelli, A.Anastasio (M.Mariani), J.Shaibu (L.Belic), P.Ghiglione (capt)

Booked: G.Pacini, A.Anastasio

August 31st:
Perugia (H) (2/38)
Another poor performance by the players as we struggled with the so called basics of the game as Perugia dominated. The first half saw Perugia piling forward whenever they could and there clearest chance came on the 38th minute with a powerful shot which stung the fingers of D.Fedeli.
The second half wasn't much better and on the 67th minute Perugia finally broke the deadlock with a thunderous effort into the top corner. We weren't getting close to the ball and with nine minutes remaining in the game Perugia had another chance to score as A.Varga handled in the area for a penalty, A.Cappello stepped up and fired wide of the post.

Reggina 0-1 Perugia T.Fantacci 67 

D.Fedeli, G.Pacini, A.Accardi, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, G.Tutino (M.Mariani), A.Carpentieri, M.Martinelli, A.Anastasio (M.Djuric), J.Shaibu, P.Ghiglione (capt) (L.Belic)

After the game I was informed that G.Tutino will be our for around 3-4 days after bruising his thigh during the game 

Monthly Review:
Serie B: 12th (-3pts off top)
Italian Cup: Knocked out in 2nd Qualifying Rd v Vicenza

September 2021:
September 4th:
Lecce (A) (3/38)
We began reasonably well with some good football but we didn't seem to have the class to get into the final third of the pitch, luckily for us Lecce weren't up to much either.
The second half started better for us as on the 59th minute opened the scoring as L.Belic curled in a great shot from outside the area to give the keeper no chance of saving. However six minutes later we let ourselves down as V.Almeti ran through my defence with ease and fired under D.Fedeli. It was getting too easy for Lecce as they piled forward and on the stroke of full time a poorly timed challenge by J.Kosnic saw them awarded a penalty which A.Di Grazia fired in with ease. Fuming isnt the word I would use

Lecce 2-1 Reggina V.Almeti 65, A.Di Grazia 90+1 pen / L.Belic 59

D.Fedeli, G.Pacini, A.Accardi, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, G.Tutino, A.Carpentieri (M.Mariani), M.Martinelli, A.Anastasio, J.Shaibu (L.Belic), P.Ghiglione (capt) (S.Dell'Agnello)

Booked: A.Varga, M.Martinelli, J.Kosnic

September 11th:
Chievo (H) (4/38)
A poor start saw us a goal down within a minute as A.Festa rose above the defence and headed a corner past D.Fedeli who was too slow too react. Chievo had another chance to score with a low shot which beat D.Fedeli but not the upright. Just before the break Chievo came close again but this time it was the crossbar that saved the day.
The second half was much the same with Chievo dominating but they couldn't get through my defence which had actually started to play properly. We punished Chievo late in the game for their lack of finishing with L.Belic doing the honours on the 90th minute with a daisy cutter  which gave the keeper little chance of saving

Reggina 1-1 Chievo L.Belic 90 / A.Festa 1

D.Fedeli, G.Pacini, A.Accardi, A.Varga, J.Kosnic, G.Tutino, A.Carpentieri (I.Battista), M.Martinelli, A.Anastasio (M.Djuric), J.Shaibu (L.Belic), P.Ghiglione (capt)

Booked: A.Accardi, J.Kosnic, M.Martinelli

September 12th:
I was quite busy today after receiving three offers from national sides wanting me too take over their respective nations. Hungary offered me £11,750 per week to take over and Ecuador offered me £3,600 per week. The final nation was Finland who offered me £2,900 per week. I was very tempted and decided to leave Reggina and takeover …...

Career So Far:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)
JD Welsh Cup: 2018/19 (TNS)
Nathaniel MG Cup: 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)
Manager of The Year: 2017/18. 2019/20 (TNS)
Serie C/C: 2020/21 (Reggina)

Archived