Sports Interactive Community

First off, I started a career mode with Liverpool, I spent about 4 seasons before I got sacked. Later on, I accepted Monaco's offer and I have spent about five seasons managing Monaco. I just concluded the fifth season, and there's this strange bug that started obstructing the progress of the game. 

Counting from the month of June where it updates player career stats and also process the club's finances, a bug suddenly pops up as it quits the game. And on the home screen it says, "Unfortunately FMM18 has stopped."

I've tried restarting my phone plus clearing cache, yet the problem remains. I don't know if this can be rectified, but I think it would be my last time playing this game if it eventually happens that there is no solution to solve this problem.

I don't want to clear the game data because I do not want to lose the current career mode with Monaco. I mean what's the essence doing that? That is suppose to be the joy/fun we derived from the game. 

Have you for once encountered such bug? Were you able to solve it and continue your game? 

Please reply and help a soul, thanks...

Screenshot_20180709-002357.png

Edited by Andy A Andy

Hi Andy, can you tell me what device you are using as well as what OS version are you on?

Also if possible can you upload your save game here as a zip file. Please also include in your message a link to this thread.

1 hour ago, James Akintayo said:

Hi Andy, can you tell me what device you are using as well as what OS version are you on?

Also if possible can you upload your save game here as a zip file. Please also include in your message a link to this thread.

Thanks for your response, I played the game with my Infinix Hot 4 pro. The OS version is 6.0.

I don't know where the saved file is located in my file manager, I have tried searching the FMM folder but still couldn't figure the real file. You could give some directory to where it's located.

Save files are located here

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Mobile 2018\normal\games

I couldn't upload the file, it says the attachment is too large and the limit is 20mb. All my three saved files are more than the 20mb limit.

Hi Andy, I was not able to reproduce this bug on my end.

Were you experiencing the crash on the 10th-11th June 2029? As the game does slow down for me there but does not crash.

Hi Andy, I was not able to reproduce this bug on my end.

Were you experiencing the crash on the 10th-11th June 2029? As the game does slow down for me there but does not crash.

The file I uploaded has 10/6/29 as the date, and the other auto/most recent saved file has the same date as the one I uploaded. The only one with a different date is of Liverpool which is very long ago. I guess it seems impossible to fix this. 

I recently discovered a mixed setting starting off a new mode, this setting was responsible for the mode which the game displayed during a match. I created a thread previously on which I wrote some things about the display mode, although I have since edited the post. I just noticed I did the wrong thing when starting the Liverpool/Monaco career, although it is clear this isn't the cause of the bug. I'm saying this because I'm willing to start afresh with activating my preferred settings of (Enhanced match engine). 

The only problem now is that, I don't know if this same bug would occur in the future. I would appreciate if there are ways to avoid this problem.

Thanks...