Sports Interactive Community
Gooner88

FM18 saved game cannot be loaded

For the second time this year I have completely lost a save. Earlier in the year I had a save with arsenal, and after two seasons when I tried to load it all 3 of the weekly auto save files came up with the error ‘saved game could not be loaded’. There was no indication that there was an issue when it saved.

the exact same thing had happened in 2025 in an england save.

my laptop is windows 10, my fm is fully updated and the only antivirus I use is windows defender. I have no custom graphics. 

Have you tried to restore previous versions and run through the page attached below? How do you tend to save the game, via auto-save or manually? When you exit do you 'Save and Exit' or do you normally save then exit separately? Do you ever shut your system down with the game still open, or go into hibernation or sleep mode? When you do shut your system down, do you click Start -> Power -> Shut Down, or do you just hold down the power button?

Hi the corrupted files were all auto saved, but when I exit I always save and exit. 

I never shut down or hibernate with the game running and I never turn off by power button. 

Ill look at at the link when I get in later. 

Well that's a bugger. Thought I'd give it one last bash at full fat FM (usually a PC FM Touch player). Spent over 2 hours last night getting everything all set up, got through my friendlies and played the first league game. Loaded it back up tonight to this error and Google tells me I'm knackered. Never had this issue in all the years playing Touch.

That's the end of that then.