Quarterfinals: Russia vs Croatia, 7pm BST

GunmaN1905

DhhEELEW4AUWL8h.jpg:large

Kramarić for Brozović, lineup from the game against Nigeria.

I don't think it's going to work that well. Allowing Brozović or Rakitić to make forward runs instead of limiting them into defensive roles would be better because both of them have good shooting ability.
Like this, both Modrić and Rakitić will be limited.

But on the other hand, Russia lacks quality, similar to Sweden.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croatia sacked their manager before the final game of quaifying, needing a draw away in Ukraine just to get a playoff place.

They won 2-0, won the first leg of the playoff 4-1 before a 0-0, won the group stage with 3 wins and a 3-0 over Argentina, now they're aiming for a World Cup semi...

2 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Croatia sacked their manager before the final game of quaifying, needing a draw away in Ukraine just to get a playoff place.

They won 2-0, won the first leg of the playoff 4-1 before a 0-0, won the group stage with 3 wins and a 3-0 over Argentina, now they're aiming for a World Cup semi...

There's more to it than just the manager.

This generation wasted 2 tournaments because of non-football things in the FA.

Both sides here pose problems for us, albeit different problems of course. So, I'm happy with either winning. Croatia I kind of have a sift spot for, but Russia winning would be ace for their fans and they have hosted a truly fantastic tournament. Hope it's just a good game really.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Yeah objectively it’s not the best but I just love the Ivan Drago character, his lines are incredible :D

It was really entertaining movie. And it had amazing soundtrack. Burning Heart and No Easy Way Out are on my workout playlist :D   

1 minute ago, Andrew_ said:

Same hotel as the team playing mention. Check.

Now we await Champion ribbing McCoist about something that happened in his career, and then the pair waxing lyrical about their hotel breakfast.

Croatia should always play 3 CMs- Badelj, Kovacic or Brozovic in alongside Rakitic and Modric. They are asking too much of just Modric and Rakitic and Russia might be able to counter them easier. 

5 minutes ago, daylight said:

This is basically the England game from earlier but now you couldn't care who wins!  :D

Everybody basically just going through the motions because they know it's been England's tournament for weeks now.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Everybody basically just going through the motions because they know it's been England's tournament for weeks now.

Yeah , the winner of this game saving their energy for the 3rd/4th place playoff.  :p

Archived