Quarterfinals: England V Sweden 15:00 BST BBC1

decapitated

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just don't know why you're saying it :D

I think Henderson playing as the main creative midfielder in this line-up makes sense. Lingard isn't exactly a playmaker, he doesn't have the ability. 

Dele is thought of as one, but he isn't. Especially when he's in shocking form. 

Well, none of them are playmakers in truth. :D

What I mean is that I would like Dele/Lingard to make more forward passes themselves instead of dumping much of the responsibility on Henderson.

Hopefully, Foden will be good enough to be a starter by the next World Cup, if not the next Euros.

Just now, DB08 said:

What I mean is that I would like Dele/Lingard to make more forward passes themselves instead of dumping much of the responsibility on Henderson.

Hopefully, Foden will be good enough to be a starter by the next World Cup, if not the next Euros.

Lingard's doing that. Alli is a ghost. 

Just now, DB08 said:

You're right about that. But Henderson is the most sensible head in the England team, he can take care of the ball way better than anyone else (Only Stones comes close). 

Just now, Bootador said:

Alli just doesn't look at all comfortable in that position, agree Lingard looks fine. I never thought I'd say this, but we should have brought Wilshere :D

Delph would be fine. Wilshere  would have been sent off against Colombia

Just now, Jakarooney said:

'If Kane hadn't scored 6 goals in 3 games he wouldn't be contributing much'

Sounds ridiculous but it makes sense. He's offering nothing except for being a reliable penalty taker and a setpiece threat. 

Where is the Harry Kane who dominates PL games on his own? The Harry Kane who scores 30 league goals every season more or less? This isn't the same guy. 

2 minutes ago, Jakarooney said:

'If Kane hadn't scored 6 goals in 3 games he wouldn't be contributing much'

Nothing I hate more than people discrediting strikers who don't contribute enough in build-up by their standards.

Then you have players like Sterling, that are complete duds in front of goal.

Good save that.

Just now, JDownie said:

Sounds ridiculous but it makes sense. He's offering nothing except for being a reliable penalty taker and a setpiece threat. 

Where is the Harry Kane who dominates PL games on his own? The Harry Kane who scores 30 league goals every season more or less? This isn't the same guy. 

He is a bit static, but he's had no service whatsoever in most games.

Just now, JDownie said:

I completely understand and I'd like him to be more mobile, but at least he is contributing goals.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Nothing I hate more than people discrediting strikers who don't contribute enough in build-up by their standards.

Good save that.

He's getting no service cos he's standing still not making himself available for a pass :D

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Good save that.

His movement has been awful. And he's being hammered for it because it's affecting our open play build up

Just now, Scott1892 said:

It's like Kane has been told to play attacking mid with Sterling as the lone striker, Kane is playing far too deep.

Maybe the thinking here is that if Sterling stretches the defence, Kane will find more space in front of the defence so he can get more involved? 

This requires Kane showing for the ball though. 

Archived