Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
decapitated

Quarterfinals: England V Sweden 15:00 BST BBC1

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rio_V said:

Sterling will never be a finisher will he?

Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling's going to score the winning goal in the final isn't he? :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane really busting a gut to make space for Sterling to pass to him

LETS ALL HATE KANE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDownie said:

Oh Raheem :(

Corner time take 2!

Take 3!

Another one will go in dammit :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southgate looked genuinely surprised when Sterling missed that. Odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf Sterling is all Over the place but finishing and decisions are like 2 out of 20 each. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweden look in trouble as soon as we increase the tempo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant touch to bring it down at least :onmehead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling is the only one breaking the lines of the defence and the midfield. Kane statue-esque for the 5th game in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't want that whistle.

Sterling is just Sterling.

I do wish they would stop pissing about around their own box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very boring half except for the last couple of minutes. Swedish defense starting to crack though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grff said:

Sweden look in trouble as soon as we increase the tempo.

No doubt about it. Just don’t make mistakes and/or gift them set pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England are the new Greece. 

Which is a shame because they could be playing like Belgium with some good attacks but being more defensively responsible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDownie said:

Sterling is the only one breaking the lines of the defence and the midfield. Kane statue-esque for the 5th game in a row. 

Yep, bored of saying this, but he needs to stop standing around and start acting like a mobile striker. Movement is awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane is getting the credit for that Maguire goal isn't he, 2nd time theyve shown the clip of him whispering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDownie said:

England are the new Greece. 

Which is a shame because they could be playing like Belgium with some good attacks but being more defensively responsible

No, they're not.

Not even close.

Just because they get scrappy wins, that doesn't make them Greece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDownie said:

England are the new Greece. 

Which is a shame because they could be playing like Belgium with some good attacks but being more defensively responsible

We are missing a really creative midfielder, if we had someone like Ericksen or De Bruyne maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yep, bored of saying this, but he needs to stop standing around and start acting like a mobile striker. Movement is awful

Indeed. I have only seen England's first two games of the tournament as I was working for the Belgium and Colombia games, but reading reports and watching highlights and he's just been bloody terrible :D

if he wasn't scoring pens or tap-ins, he'd be contributing even less than Rooney used to ffs. 

people kept asking us where the City KDB was... where is the Spurs Kane? Because this guy is just Rickie Lambert 10 years ago :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Kane is carrying an injury but that might be me being overly generous to him.

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

No, they're not.

Not even close.

Just because they get scrappy wins, that doesn't make them Greece.

Rely entirely on setpieces like a certain Euro 2004 team did  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I think Kane is carrying an injury but that me being overly generous to him.

He's probably just knackered from carrying Spurs all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDownie said:

Rely entirely on setpieces like a certain Euro 2004 team did   

But that's not the gameplan.

England obviously wants to create through possession, not having quality to do so is a different matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteveUK said:

We are missing a really creative midfielder, if we had someone like Ericksen or De Bruyne maybe

Henderson has played well in the first 45 - a lot of good direct forward passes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bootador said:
Elite striker my arse

tbh Sterling should have played it sooner. Once he didn't Kane had no where to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDownie said:

Henderson has played well in the first 45 - a lot of good direct forward passes. 

Yeah but he's England's deepest midfielder. Lingard hasn't done a great deal but Dele has been really poor. Sterling looks like the only one who can actually run with the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDownie said:

Henderson has played well in the first 45 - a lot of good direct forward passes. 

No doubt, but i just think if we had a really creative midfielder we would have a really strong squad for the future, Alli could be that guy but he's not stepping up(possibly carrying an injury aswell)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling is such a good footballer, but he’s got real problems in this England side. You can’t be kind at this stage of a World Cup, so he needs to fall out of favour now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrew_ said:

tbh Sterling should have played it sooner. Once he didn't Kane had no where to go.

Kane is never in a position to hit that ball. Why is he even moving towards Sterling, he's got so much space around him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrew_ said:

tbh Sterling should have played it sooner. Once he didn't Kane had no where to go.

Should is such a subjective term. He could have played sooner, he also could have delayed and pretty much guaranteed a goal had been playing with someone with half decent movement like he's used to I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, DB08 said:

Yeah but he's England's deepest midfielder. Lingard hasn't done a great deal but Dele has been really poor. Sterling looks like the only one who can actually run with the ball.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just don't know why you're saying it :D

I think Henderson playing as the main creative midfielder in this line-up makes sense. Lingard isn't exactly a playmaker, he doesn't have the ability. 

Dele is thought of as one, but he isn't. Especially when he's in shocking form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To defend Kane I just think he knew he wasn't getting a look in.

I'm sure enough of us have played with players that you just know you're not getting the ball if they're in a certain position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteveUK said:

No doubt, but i just think if we had a really creative midfielder we would have a really strong squad for the future, Alli could be that guy but he's not stepping up(possibly carrying an injury aswell)

Phil Foden :thup::cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...