Quarterfinals: England V Sweden 15:00 BST BBC1

decapitated

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JDownie said:

Sterling is the only one breaking the lines of the defence and the midfield. Kane statue-esque for the 5th game in a row. 

Yep, bored of saying this, but he needs to stop standing around and start acting like a mobile striker. Movement is awful

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

England are the new Greece. 

Which is a shame because they could be playing like Belgium with some good attacks but being more defensively responsible

No, they're not.

Not even close.

Just because they get scrappy wins, that doesn't make them Greece.

Just now, JDownie said:

England are the new Greece. 

Which is a shame because they could be playing like Belgium with some good attacks but being more defensively responsible

We are missing a really creative midfielder, if we had someone like Ericksen or De Bruyne maybe

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yep, bored of saying this, but he needs to stop standing around and start acting like a mobile striker. Movement is awful

Indeed. I have only seen England's first two games of the tournament as I was working for the Belgium and Colombia games, but reading reports and watching highlights and he's just been bloody terrible :D

if he wasn't scoring pens or tap-ins, he'd be contributing even less than Rooney used to ffs. 

people kept asking us where the City KDB was... where is the Spurs Kane? Because this guy is just Rickie Lambert 10 years ago :lol:

1 minute ago, SteveUK said:

We are missing a really creative midfielder, if we had someone like Ericksen or De Bruyne maybe

Henderson has played well in the first 45 - a lot of good direct forward passes. 

Just now, JDownie said:

Henderson has played well in the first 45 - a lot of good direct forward passes. 

Yeah but he's England's deepest midfielder. Lingard hasn't done a great deal but Dele has been really poor. Sterling looks like the only one who can actually run with the ball.

Just now, JDownie said:

No doubt, but i just think if we had a really creative midfielder we would have a really strong squad for the future, Alli could be that guy but he's not stepping up(possibly carrying an injury aswell)

Sterling is such a good footballer, but he’s got real problems in this England side. You can’t be kind at this stage of a World Cup, so he needs to fall out of favour now.

1 minute ago, Andrew_ said:

tbh Sterling should have played it sooner. Once he didn't Kane had no where to go.

Should is such a subjective term. He could have played sooner, he also could have delayed and pretty much guaranteed a goal had been playing with someone with half decent movement like he's used to I guess.

Just now, DB08 said:

Yeah but he's England's deepest midfielder. Lingard hasn't done a great deal but Dele has been really poor. Sterling looks like the only one who can actually run with the ball.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I just don't know why you're saying it :D

I think Henderson playing as the main creative midfielder in this line-up makes sense. Lingard isn't exactly a playmaker, he doesn't have the ability. 

Dele is thought of as one, but he isn't. Especially when he's in shocking form. 

To defend Kane I just think he knew he wasn't getting a look in.

I'm sure enough of us have played with players that you just know you're not getting the ball if they're in a certain position.

1 minute ago, SteveUK said:

No doubt, but i just think if we had a really creative midfielder we would have a really strong squad for the future, Alli could be that guy but he's not stepping up(possibly carrying an injury aswell)

Phil Foden :thup::cool:

Just now, Bootador said:

Should is such a subjective term. He could have played sooner, he also could have delayed and pretty much guaranteed a goal had been playing with someone with half decent movement like he's used to I guess.

Not even half decent. If he does anything apart from move to Sterling, he's got a clear shot.

Archived