FMT19 Feature announcements

I'm not asking for the new features of FMT19 in this thread (Way too early!). What i'm wanting to say is that when the Full fat FM19 announcements start coming though. Please keep the FMT users updated too. Correct me if i'm wrong, but last year Beta was out before anything at all had been said about FMT. I'm not planning to pre order this year so it would be nice to hear what's in or out before the official release date. Im not wanting any fancy videos like the full fat FM gets (which i do like). But instead let us know which, if any, of the new FM features will make it into FMT. Plus maybe a few screenshots.

Also, I know this is probably too early too but i was wondering how well FMT on the switch as sold and do you think there maybe a chance FMT19 will be coming to the switch too.

I hope these questions don't sound too harsh, but i did feel like FMT users got a little forgotten about during the build up to FMT18. 

• Administrators

That's because the majority of features that were in FM, were FMT as well. It would be repeating ourselves. 

That said I really appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately to my knowledge nothing has been revealed about FM/FMT19 yet, and they won't be announced in responding in forum threads. :) 

It's early days now but keep your eyes peeled on the official accounts and sticky threads for info when it comes.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree an editior for FMT19 is a must. It doesn't have to have as many features that can be edited as the full version but a chance to move players as and when RL transfers happen would be a bonus.

12 minutes ago, Woolly said:

I totally agree an editior for FMT19 is a must. It doesn't have to have as many features that can be edited as the full version but a chance to move players as and when RL transfers happen would be a bonus.

I think it must. Then how will i play my USA and Portuguese fantasy leagues or the World Champions League?

Content with official leagues? Seriously that is boring... that is so 90s or 2000s... :P

Kidding aside, I will continue to patiently waiting, if it means to play official leagues, if that is meant to be. But I always urge for Lucas and SI the importance of an editor for FMT, even if it means for first few years be restricted to desktop versions. I even created a thread to show what people would use the editor for Here is the link below.

I can't believe that I created this thread nearly 4 years ago... That is so sad, in so many levels. More then 4 years requesting for an editor... Here i thought such a thread  would speed up for SI to bring FMT Editor... and still nothing... I really need to rethink my life! :P

• 3 weeks later...

If they announced no new features and had just worked on fixing bugs for a year, I would be happy. 

In FMT18 there were so many bugs for so long. Even now there are buggy UI elements that have not been fixed. 

• Administrators
On 18/07/2018 at 12:22, grade said:

Kidding aside, I will continue to patiently waiting, if it means to play official leagues, if that is meant to be. But I always urge for Lucas and SI the importance of an editor for FMT, even if it means for first few years be restricted to desktop versions. I even created a thread to show what people would use the editor for Here is the link below.

I can't believe that I created this thread nearly 4 years ago... That is so sad, in so many levels. More then 4 years requesting for an editor... Here i thought such a thread  would speed up for SI to bring FMT Editor... and still nothing... I really need to rethink my life! :P

You don't need to rethink your life :D The thread is very helpful as it generated ideas for FMT (and FM) in a number of ways (particularly Create a Club mode), so we are listening. Keep plugging and pushing your ideas, think about the specific things that you want and these ideas can be worked into feature requests we generate internally. Other ideas have already been put into the pipeline as well for possible inclusion in future versions. We put forward many ideas people contribute on the forum and your feedback really does help improve our game. If nobody were to keep mentioning it, how would we know there is demand for it? ;) 

I'm sure I've said before it took FMM (previously FMH) about 8 years before editing capabilities were implemented there. So never say never.

My biggest wish is also the inclusion of the editor to create fantasy leagues, or that 
SI created a game mode in which we could create fantasy leagues in the world league style, 
with teams like Real Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus, Liverpool, Monaco, Porto, in a 
championship with promotion and relegation and transfer window, as well as the normal game.

On 06/07/2018 at 11:51, Lucas Weatherby said:

That's because the majority of features that were in FM, were FMT as well. It would be repeating ourselves. 

That said I really appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately to my knowledge nothing has been revealed about FM/FMT19 yet, and they won't be announced in responding in forum threads. :) 

It's early days now but keep your eyes peeled on the official accounts and sticky threads for info when it comes.

That is right, but to an extent. I remember people just speculating about which of the new features might be included.

This should be clearer this year imo.

On 06/07/2018 at 06:51, Lucas Weatherby said:

Understandable, but we didn't know last year what features from the full game would be in FMT.  For example, we hear about new medical center and all that for the full game...would it have killed you guys to say "Oh, and a slimmed down version will be in FMT."  Otherwise we're left wondering if any of the new features will or will not be represented in FMT.  I don't think OP was asking for the same level of detailed feature reveal as the full game.

They need to sort out the match engine graphics. All the menus in FMT are fairly slick looking then you get to the match and it all goes a bit 1980’s and the immersion is lost slightly. Im pretty sure they could get the graphics a bit nearer the pc version. Or at least a choice between standard or enhanced graphics. Also how about letting us watch the full match? I like to watch what’s going on on the pitch rather than look at the stats during a match. I’ll probaby stick with 18 if it all looks the same again. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, gazza8 said:

Game needs an editor or the game is out of date after a week

Your save games don't last long then if they are going out of date every single day?

3 hours ago, gazza8 said:

Why does the full version allowed to be updated by users but touch isnt?

Its not about being "allowed", one game was designed with an editor in mind and the other isn't. There are tons of reasons touch doesn't have an editor, they've already been covered.

On 18/08/2018 at 10:51, Lucas said:

Your save games don't last long then if they are going out of date every single day?

Its not about being "allowed", one game was designed with an editor in mind and the other isn't. There are tons of reasons touch doesn't have an editor, they've already been covered.

If you buy the game a week after the release the game is out of date..why would you want to start a game without the real players in your side? Or club/player information up to date? Then after the 1 update it gets in March a week later its out of date again 😂

Surely just for the sake of continued sales you would allow people to keep it up to date. 

Why would anyone buy this game, for example at xmas, when the data is from October? But if it was possible to edit it youd have sales all year round

• Administrators
1 minute ago, gazza8 said:

If you buy the game a week after the release the game is out of date..why would you want to start a game without the real players in your side? Or club/player information up to date? Then after the 1 update it gets in March a week later its out of date again 😂

Surely just for the sake of continued sales you would allow people to keep it up to date. 

Why would anyone buy this game, for example at xmas, when the data is from October? But if it was possible to edit it youd have sales all year round

SI have been selling games for over 20 years. Don't really think there's much evidence to suggest an editor is needed for continued sales. Usually as the product gets older you see discounts so you can buy the game for less, and that helps with continued sales.

Keeping teams 'up to date' has never bothered me personally since the teams and save games would be all out of sync. You start in July 2017, but with squads for 2018/19 season? Just strikes me as a bit odd.

Besides, a pre game editor isn't currently possible on the Tablet/Switch platforms so the argument is a bit moot.

54 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Besides, a pre game editor isn't currently possible on the Tablet/Switch platforms so the argument is a bit moot.

SI's main cash cow is the full fat game, the mobile (which can be edited)and touch versions are a money spinning afterthought...that is peoples gripe...why arnt users of these versions treated the same. 

A pre game editor could be used to update the game on PC and the file transfered to tablet eyc..the same way as is done with mobile version.

• Administrators

Well, it’s a different game for a start. Users aren’t being treated differently, and it’s not a money spinning afterthought. The mobile and touch versions are aimed at different users and style of play. The design and technical considerations mean that pre game editor files are not currently possible. The Pre Game Editor is designed for the full game. 

Thats not to say it will never happen, but you keep arguing when I’m just explaining why it is how it is, right now. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Well, it’s a different game for a start. Users aren’t being treated differently, and it’s not a money spinning afterthought. The mobile and touch versions are aimed at different users and style of play. The design and technical considerations mean that pre game editor files are not currently possible. The Pre Game Editor is designed for the full game. 

Thats not to say it will never happen, but you keep arguing when I’m just explaining why it is how it is, right now. 

You started by replying!

Im just saying how poor it is that a game is out of date after 1 week while the full game allows full pre game editing to keep it up to date...so i would say thats being treated differently?

• Administrators

They're not the same, and an editor isn't currently possible for Touch - thats the point. It's not a case of being treated different when it's not currently possible to provide it.

The game isn't out of date the data is correct for when the game's released, and there is an official update provided for the winter transfer window. Can't be much fairer than that.

21 hours ago, Lucas said:

They're not the same, and an editor isn't currently possible for Touch - thats the point. It's not a case of being treated different when it's not currently possible to provide it.

Lucas to be fair, I’m starting to get a bit frustrated with constant say, that FMT editor is not possible. Because it is possible, in one of the platforms, the PC/MAC versions.

SI simply decided to make an option to keep all versions of FMT equal in all platforms (PC/MAC/Tablet/IPad), as the cross save compatibility is the main selling point. Which I find understandable, but bit wondering with switch version having no cross save compatibility.

But please don’t paint half truths about why there is no editor on FMT. PC and MAC versions of FMT, are very much capable to handle an editor, an hardware or software limit is “a” mooted argument. 

Simply say the truth, please. There is no editor due to hardware restrictions on the tablet/IPad and we want to maintain cross save compatibilities between the PC/Mac version with the tablet/IPad version, including the editor. 

I’m starting to wonder if this is too hard to write?

With your reply above (special the “isn’t”), I think I have the answer about the editor for FMT 19. No editor! Okay got it. :(

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, grade said:

Simply say the truth, please. There is no editor due to hardware restrictions on the tablet/IPad and we want to maintain cross save compatibilities between the PC/Mac version with the tablet/IPad version, including the editor. 

I’ve said all the above previously in this thread already. So, what do you mean “simply say the truth”? 

• Administrators

Right. And as I’ve said, I’ve said this already. I’ve been quite clear it’s not possible on non-desktop platforms.

18 hours ago, grade said:

I have seen this posted multiple times in multiple threads about an editor for FM Touch.

I'm not sure why it has to be repeated  ad nauseam in every single thread about the editor.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, thesandman said:

I have seen this posted multiple times in multiple threads about an editor for FM Touch.

I'm not sure why it has to be repeated  ad nauseam in every single thread about the editor.

Some are just very keen for editing facilities in FMT. Myself included :D I know it can be a bit frustrating for some at times but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible in the future.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Some are just very keen for editing facilities in FMT. Myself included :D I know it can be a bit frustrating for some at times but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible in the future.

Sorry mate, I wasn't very clear what I was referencing.  I meant that currently it wasn't possible because of the cross save / tablet restrictions - not that a lot of people want an editor.....

I couldn't care less about an editor, but I understand there are a lot that really want one.

I only play touch on PC/ laptop, have no desire to ever to play tablet version so why can there not be an editor at least available to non tablet users as this is where the issue seems to lie on lower end tablet capabilities.. i get the cross save thing but why can't there be an implementation of no cross save once a data base has been edited? Bit like you can play more than 3 leagues on PC but that means no cross save.can't be that hard?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, mozza79 said:

I only play touch on PC/ laptop, have no desire to ever to play tablet version so why can there not be an editor at least available to non tablet users as this is where the issue seems to lie on lower end tablet capabilities.. i get the cross save thing but why can't there be an implementation of no cross save once a data base has been edited? Bit like you can play more than 3 leagues on PC but that means no cross save.can't be that hard?

I don't play the tablet or Switch versions either, but it's besides the point with the way the game's designed. FMT has a different database to FM's and even different restrictions on what rules can be in place for certain competitions. Let's say for argument's sake what your proposing was possible on PC the end result would be certain editor files wouldn't even work the way they were intended, because of the different structure and design FMT has. And it is that way so the game can be played on Tablet and Switch.  

So yeah, it is hard because its not as simple as turning it on just for PC. It wouldn't be the same game. You may as well just use editor files on the full FM version and use staff responsibilities to get away from the things you don't like doing.

Maybe some editing will happen eventually in some form but that's just the way it is right now.

On 23/08/2018 at 19:37, Lucas said:

I don't play the tablet or Switch versions either, but it's besides the point with the way the game's designed. FMT has a different database to FM's and even different restrictions on what rules can be in place for certain competitions. Let's say for argument's sake what your proposing was possible on PC the end result would be certain editor files wouldn't even work the way they were intended, because of the different structure and design FMT has. And it is that way so the game can be played on Tablet and Switch.  

So yeah, it is hard because its not as simple as turning it on just for PC. It wouldn't be the same game. You may as well just use editor files on the full FM version and use staff responsibilities to get away from the things you don't like doing.

Maybe some editing will happen eventually in some form but that's just the way it is right now.

Fair enough i had no idea that the files would be different as all the graphics etc work the same, the match engine is the same all i see that is different is depth in media, training etc.. apart from that the core is the same from what i see.

I have played over 50 seasons on my touch save on fm18 since jan, its been great and the first fm i have played in a few years and its got me hooked again. Tried playing the full version and its just like a real chore and having a fulltime seperate job ticking boxes etc... non stop. i got no more than 2 weeks in and gave up its just too much for me. 

Anyway touch is very good on the whole and i guess most people who grew up in the 90s like me playing the game would agree, just needs editor to make it great.

I seem to remember that when Football Manager Classic first launched years ago, there was a bug that let you used editor data files designed for the full game in Classic mode. That was pretty swiftly patched to stop people doing it. So it doesn't really sound impossible - more like it would make much of their micro-transactions (which, by the way, are an absolute ****ing insult in a full-price game) pointless so they won't let you.

• Administrators

Never said it was impossible, but it's not straight forward and not possible right now. In future, maybe. It's nothing really to do with micro-transactions. It wouldn't stop any potential editor feature for FMT working with/around the unlockabkes and IAPs in the game if that's something SI wanted to do in future.

FM/FMT 2018 was the first I didn't buy since before championship manager came out as I just didn't see the appeal anymore so obviously I might now go and get the 19 edition given a year away but yes to still have no editor for FMT is slightly putting me off unless someone can tell me why I should buy the game again?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Andyh21 said:

FM/FMT 2018 was the first I didn't buy since before championship manager came out as I just didn't see the appeal anymore so obviously I might now go and get the 19 edition given a year away but yes to still have no editor for FMT is slightly putting me off unless someone can tell me why I should buy the game again?

No features have even been announced yet. 

4 hours ago, Andyh21 said:

It is pointed to release announcements of new features at the end of September.

Until then we are all in the same boat.

Archived