Sports Interactive Community
Readingfanman

Round of 16: Colombia v England (19:00 BST ITV1)

Wouldn’t mind a little more urgency from Walker coming forward. 

Just now, Jakarooney said:

Alli holding his thigh again

Dunno if he'll even make it to HT

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Is it home yet?

Stuck in traffic.

Just now, Paul Bacon said:

But it was still playacting which commentators seem to pick up on and condon except when its England

You mean the English commentators??? :D 

Still completely different. If he rolled around 6 times then I'd agree.

"played on a little longer than he should of against Tunisia" yeah 60 ****ing minutes more than he should of.

Just now, Andrew_ said:

Has he stopped rolling yet :lol:

Just now, Rio_V said:

Wouldn’t mind a little more urgency from Walker coming forward. 

Wouldn't want Walker going forward at all. Only guy stopping a Colombia counter.

Alli has to come off at half-time. We can't afford to effectively reduce ourselves to 10 men for most of the match, like we did against Tunisia.

I don't think Alli was fit enough to play.  Shame really.

Sterling is so frustrating to watch, I'd rather have Francis Jeffers up there at the moment. 

Commentators such a joke. That contact on Henderson from the free-kick was minimal at best and yet they are banging on about how Henderson really felt that one and he's still down in pain, if that was a Neymar they'd be talking about him play-acting and milking it. Maybe it was a red card, but don't act as if Henderson is actually injured ffs.

Alli is starting because he is Alli. Which is insane because who the **** is Alli :D 

It's a man down. Stupid.

Well that was painful, maybe not as painful as what Ali just got down to him but painful all the same.

3 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Wouldn't want Walker going forward at all. Only guy stopping a Colombia counter.

Henderson?

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

Commentators such a joke.

I've yet to see an objective commentary team when their country is playing.

Just can't happen.

It's not even about supporting your team, which is perfectly fine, but about spewing utter nonsense on every suspicious refereeing call and situation.

What a garbage half. England can’t get the ball under, Colombia can’t create **** when we give it to them.

I'm actually finding this game rather interesting :thup: 

Not exactly sure why though :D 

Edited by Orzelek

Ref bottled that red card decision. 45 minutes to get a goal. But it doesnt look like coming.

2 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

They still have to show some degree of neutrality. Way the were talking anyone would think he nutter him once and knocked him out

He brushed his chin and Henderson went down like it was an uppercut. It maybe a red but dont overplay what it was

1 minute ago, james95 said:

I do think it was a red. But if a Colombian acted like that the English would be up in arms.

Definitely. About time we were as good at it as the others. Well done Jordan :D

Just now, Wigmore said:

What a garbage half. England can’t get the ball under, Colombia can’t create **** when we give it to them.

Any chance both teams are eliminated today?

1 minute ago, james95 said:

I do think it was a red. But if a Colombian acted like that the English would be up in arms.

As I said I've had my jaw slammed shut before (mine was through a bike crash) and it sends shockwaves all through your head and cause a pretty mean headache for several minutes.

Going the same way as most recent England games. Come flying out of the blocks but if when we don't take advantage of our quick start the other team settle into the game and we look plodding and sort of ideas.

Colombia haven't offered anything though, hopefully a set piece falls our way.

2 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Commentators such a joke. That contact on Henderson from the free-kick was minimal at best and yet they are banging on about how Henderson really felt that one and he's still down in pain, if that was a Neymar they'd be talking about him play-acting and milking it. Maybe it was a red card, but don't act as if Henderson is actually injured ffs.

It was the hypocrisy of it when there was that incident between Sterling & Mina too. People who wonder why the non-English in the UK don't get behind them? It's stuff like that.

Just now, Paul Bacon said:

They still have to show some degree of neutrality. Way the were talking anyone would think he nutter him once and knocked him out

He brushed his chin and Henderson went down like it was an uppercut. It maybe a red but dont overplay what it was

ITVs approach has always been to talk up England and talk down the opposition. It’s why we always lose when we’re on ITV :D

Henderson made a meal of the headbutt, but it was a headbutt so they must be allowed now right

Alli & Sterling look the weaker links. Henderson has been our best player. Kane is sometimes to deep but is possibly forced to be 

God I hope we amash these *****

Everything is breaking down with Alli, Sterling and Young.

Kane has looked tremendous. Rashford running around in front of him instead of flicky, flicky, flick, flick from Sterling and Alli could be dangerous.

7 minutes ago, SteveUK said:

"played on a little longer than he should of have against Tunisia" yeah 60 ****ing minutes more than he should of.

Seeing Barrios Head butt again it really looks red. 

Coach elbowing Sterling then blaming him. These Colombians are very pathetic people. Hope we absolutely smash them so they can **** off home.