Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Readingfanman

Round of 16: Colombia v England (19:00 BST ITV1)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wiggins' Young Boys said:

Just speaking to a Colombian friend of mine who lives back there now, the line out there is genuinely the Pekerman/Maradona ****. Gringo puta ref was our 12th man, Kane dived for the penalty, we're all cheats, Colombian players are heroes. amazing :applause::lol:

I would honestly be humiliated if Northern Ireland were to play as dirty as Colombia played last night, so to hear something like that doesn't give me hope for the average Colombian football fan :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wiggins' Young Boys said:

Just speaking to a Colombian friend of mine who lives back there now, the line out there is genuinely the Pekerman/Maradona ****. Gringo puta ref was our 12th man, Kane dived for the penalty, we're all cheats, Colombian players are heroes. amazing :applause::lol:

Talk about being blinkered. 

Hopefully they don't make the next World Cup. 

 

Edited by craigcwwe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

I thought you were an Aussie for some reason

I am in part. My dad is Australian, all of my family on his side live in Australia, I've lived down under in the past and I often support Australia during sporting events. But then I also have an English mum, was born in Coventry and have lived most of my life in Coventry so people expect me to support England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

I am in part. My dad is Australian, all of my family on his side live in Australia, I've lived down under in the past and I often support Australia during sporting events. But then I also have an English mum, was born in Coventry and have lived most of my life in Coventry so people expect me to support England.

I don't think its that much of a leap considering you'd be expected to support England though! 

At least you're not actively cheering on England's opponents like some of my wife's colleagues are (she works for a charity where they mainly make Owen Jones look like a right wing fascist).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardly surprised about the Colombian narrative, I mean this is a country where players are sent death threats for red cards and murdered for own goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so when are SI releasing the patch to fix England winning on Penalties bug?

Edited by scott MUFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pekerman's tears are incredible. Not pretending England were angels but ****ing hell to act like Colombia weren't the main instigators :D And claiming it's not a penalty it's a new level of stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their entire game plan from the outset was to try and get an England player sent off and make the flow of play stop and start, his tears are delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F**k Pekerman.

I've hated his guts since he pretended to be a mastermind and excluded Zanetti from Argentina squad in 2006.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The “purist” wanted the team who were scuffing up the penalty spot to win last night. Sure.

Not sure why people (including me now) are indulging the troll. The problem he’s got is his opinions would be valid if he showed any balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

F**k Pekerman.

I've hated his guts since he pretended to be a mastermind and excluded Zanetti from Argentina squad in 2006.

Don't forget not bringing on Messi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Don't forget not bringing on Messi.

Messi was 18, turning 19 during the tournament.

They were stacked up front.

He didn't take one of the greatest players in his position ever and had bloody Coloccini, Heinze and Sorin playing fullback positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Messi was 18, turning 19 during the tournament.

They were stacked up front.

He didn't take one of the greatest players in his position ever and had bloody Coloccini, Heinze and Sorin playing fullback positions.

I'm not disagreeing or saying 1 was worse. 

Messi's age then isn't relevant really, he was already 1 of the best players in the world when fit. Julio ****ing Cruz coming on was a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5915893/Colombian-stars-missed-penalties-against-England-receive-DEATH-THREATS-furious-fans.html

 

Quote

Colombians urged calm last night after the two players who missed penalties against England suffered insults and threats from furious fans on social media.

Vile messages targeting Mateus Uribe and Carlos Bacca started to appear within minutes of Colombia being knocked out of the World Cup following the dramatic shoot-out.

Uribe's penalty hit the crossbar while Bacca's attempt was saved by hero England goalkeeper Pickford.

The posts, mostly aimed at Bacca who fans thought took the worse penalty, warned the players they were 'dead', urged them to kill themselves and told them not to return to the South American country.

The sinister messages were made despite a police investigation into early death threats made towards Colombian player Carlos Sanchez after he was send off three minutes into the team's World Cup opener against Japan.

Many outraged football fans pointed out that yesterday was the 24th anniversary of the death of Andres Escobar, who was shot dead after his own goal was blamed for sending Colombia home at the 1994 World Cup.

One post by Twitter user David Castaneda warned: 'Die Carlos Bacca. Son of a bitch. No-one wants you, gonorrhoea. To this country you don't return.'

Another, Jhon Duqueismo, wrote: 'Thank you to all the players, except to three-time son of a bitch, useless, dead, Carlos Bacca. Don't come back here.'

HumorFPCosky wrote: 'I hate you Carlos Bacca, I hate all of you, I hate your indifference, your animal surname, and your ass's game. You're worse than a cancer, at least with cancer you can go to a doctor and find out what you have.

'Carlos Bacca, get depressed and kill yourself, so you don't continue living this agony.'

Patricio wrote: 'Uribe, you are a piece of ****, I hope you die.'

Another user, INFINITO wrote: 'That was Mateus Uribe's last game, that man is already dead.'

But other Colombian fans expressed their shock at the cruel messages.

Brayan Sanchez wrote: 'Don't wish for the death of Bacca and Uribe. Do we wish to repeat what happened to Andres Escobar? Is this Colombia? Games are won and lost, we are a real country.'

Another, Lois Lane, said: 'The anniversary of the death of Andres Escobar and you are calling for the death of Bacca. I'm sorry, I can't stand such **** people. Get out of my timeline.'

And MoreJuanSe wrote: 'Now they start to insult and threaten Uribe and Bacca. Yesterday was the 24th anniversary of the death of Andres Escobar, please, please! Let's learn how to lose aswell.'

Andres Escobar, 27, was gunned down by a gangland figure 10 days after his mistake against the US knocked Colombia out of the World Cup hosted in the USA.

Hours before the showdown with England in Moscow Escobar's brother, Sachi, told of his fears that another player could be killed if Colombia failed to get through to the quarter-finals, warning that the country 'had not learned the lessons' of the tragedy.

And he pleaded with his country's passionate fans and gangland figures ensure sure that no other player is hurt or threatened if things didn't go their way.

He said: 'I want to send an important message to those people who think things can be resolved with violence, and with weapons, that they can take someone's life just because they make a mistake, in this case the life of a football player.

'Football should be a vehicle of peace and social transformation, and at the end of the day, it is just a game.

'But I truly hope that, if Colombia failed to meet these expectations, then the tragedy that happened to my brother doesn't repeat itself. God forbid that it happens again.'

And he said of the death threats made against Sanchez: 'As a brother who has gone through this, I know what must be going through their heads, and I wouldn't want anyone to go through that.

'Carlos must be feeling both sad for the mistake he made, and very afraid, and his family too.

'My brother never received any threats, they just shot him dead in the most cowardly way.

'The fact that people are still allowed to say these things on social network sites, even threaten him with death... shows me that nothing good came out of Andres' death, nothing was learned.

'These people are just lowlifes who are not real Colombian football fans, who should be arrested and thrown into jail.'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Messi's age then isn't relevant really, he was already 1 of the best players in the world when fit. Julio ****ing Cruz coming on was a joke.

Julio Cruz is one of the best substitute scores ever. Solskjaer style. Really underrated player.

That's not even the point. He was a traditional, tall no9. with great technique Messi was considered purely a winger at that point.

Just checked. Cruz scored 21 goal in 05-06, Messi scored 8.

So, when you're having issues and need to bring someone on, do you take a 32yo guy with plenty of experience that's used to coming off the bench and is dominant in the box, or do you bring on a 18yo unpolished talent, regardless of how good he could be?

Edited by GunmaN1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Julio Cruz is one of the best substitute scores ever. Solskjaer style. Really underrated player.

That's not even the point. He was a traditional, tall no9. with great technique Messi was considered purely a winger at that point.

Just checked. Cruz scored 21 goal in 05-06, Messi scored 8.

So, when you're having issues and need to bring someone on, do you take a 32yo guy with plenty of experience that's used to coming off the bench and is dominant in the box, or do you bring on a 18yo unpolished talent, regardless of how good he could be?

Messi was never a winger, ever. 

Julio Cruz was more of the same, Messi was something different. And Messi wasn't unpolished at that point. Everyone watching him at that time knew only injuries could stop him.

But...it's 12 years later so maybe I shouldn't spend my evenings discussing it still :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Messi was never a winger, ever. 

Julio Cruz was more of the same, Messi was something different. And Messi wasn't unpolished at that point. Everyone watching him at that time knew only injuries could stop him. 

But...it's 12 years later so maybe I shouldn't spend my evenings discussing it still :D

He played out wide.

Is that good enough for you?

Up until like 2010 he always played wide for Barcelona in their 4-3-3 system.

They had only one real no9 in that tournament. Crespo.

Tevez, Messi, Palacio aren't true strikers. Tevez became that later on.

They also had Riquelme, who was a better player than 18yo Messi at that point. Maxi also played a lot and scored that wonder-goal.

1 minute ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

Cruz was a great player.

There you go.

He also loved scoring against Juventus, so you remember him well.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's people on reddit arguing Kane's penalty shouldn't have been given because Kane fouled first.

At least no one here has been that stupid yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

There's your problem.

I like reddit but **** me some of the absolute worst comments I've ever seen about football have been on there. They make Sid and Scott look like considered and respectable posters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I like reddit but **** me some of the absolute worst comments I've ever seen about football have been on there. They make Sid and Scott look like considered and respectable posters.

I subscribed to r/Soccer once, the subscription was soon revoked. 

Edited by craigcwwe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I like reddit but **** me some of the absolute worst comments I've ever seen about football have been on there. They make Sid and Scott look like considered and respectable posters.

Those general reddits where every idiot posts are useless.

It's even called soccer reddit ffs. Mostly Americans posting. I only use it for streamable goal replays.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I like reddit but **** me some of the absolute worst comments I've ever seen about football have been on there. They make Sid and Scott look like considered and respectable posters.

One of the mods was deleting negative Columbia posts last night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reddit is full of odd wet blankets with no sense of humour. Pretty sure the term snowflake was invented to describe the membership of that pointless site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wiggins' Young Boys said:

Reddit is full of odd wet blankets with no sense of humour. Pretty sure the term snowflake was invented to describe the membership of that pointless site 

Especially the communist up/downvote options.

If your opinion is different from the rest of the hivemind, you get downvoted into oblivion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wiggins' Young Boys said:

Just speaking to a Colombian friend of mine who lives back there now, the line out there is genuinely the Pekerman/Maradona ****. Gringo puta ref was our 12th man, Kane dived for the penalty, we're all cheats, Colombian players are heroes. amazing :applause::lol:

To be fair our fans and media were generally blaming Ronaldo and the ref when Rooney got sent off for that kick/stamp on Carvalho's bollocks, so I kind of get it, however, speaking as somebody who watched the following 12 years of England being complete rubbish, I would recommend Colombia take a look at why they created almost nothing against us rather than looking for some unfortunate/unfair reason that they're out of the World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concerning the referee, I would have found it interesting to see the reactions if the referee was from let's say Paraguay and was talking Spanish all the time with the Colombian players. I bet that would have raised questions too on Englands side. Especially i've they've lost. The situation with Henderson &  Barrios for example would have been a huge huge thing in media. 

I don't think Geiger had a very bad match, as said perhaps in the beginning I felt most 50/50 decisions went easily to England, probably also fuelled by Colombians player a bit more aggressively. But from a Colombian point of view, taking into considerations they are still really pissed by the elimination of course, I can understand their anger a bit. I think in a few weeks time they will put things into perspective and realise that they themselves missed two pens and the ref is not to blame for their loss. 

Edited by Cedrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

I just read page 31.

You're a monumental national embarrassment. Grow up and support England.

Lol... Suppose you had nothing bad to say about your team durimg qualifications? 

If you are passionate you are happy when things go well... And angry when they dont. 

My measurement is performance over result. The performance has been terrible... Im angry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the World Cup. You can't have time to pose a holier-than-thou performance-over-result attitude. This is the biggest stage of football, once every four years. Not everybody can win it. We've had it 21 times, and England won only once.

Screw performance. If England are limping to win the World Cup, they still win it.

Grow up, support your motherland, and support England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Lol... Suppose you had nothing bad to say about your team durimg qualifications? 

If you are passionate you are happy when things go well... And angry when they dont. 

My measurement is performance over result. The performance has been terrible... Im angry

Why are you still posting in here? 

You cheered Colombia's goal last night and you've admitted to supporting Sweden on Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

Concerning the referee, I would have found it interesting to see the reactions if the referee was from let's say Paraguay and was talking Spanish all the time with the Colombian players. I bet that would have raised questions too on Englands side. Especially i've they've lost. The situation with Henderson &  Barrios for example would have been a huge huge thing in media. 

I don't think Geiger had a very bad match, as said perhaps in the beginning I felt most 50/50 decisions went easily to England, probably also fuelled by Colombians player a bit more aggressively. But from a Colombian point of view, taking into considerations they are still really pissed by the elimination of course, I can understand their anger a bit. I think in a few weeks time they will put things into perspective and realise that they themselves missed two pens and the ref is not to blame for their loss. 

The English media is terrible, but I don't think they've ever stooped to the level of objecting to referees talking to players in a language they understand (especially since the referee spent a lot of time taking to both sets of players anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Why are you still posting in here? 

You cheered Colombia's goal last night and you've admitted to supporting Sweden on Saturday. 

Not sure of your point... Its not an england supporter group. People of all nationalities posting in here. And if i was a colombia fan this thread would be relevant anyway? 

Why be a rude ***** and get personal instead of discuss the game? Did you watch it or just another hysterical fan that watches football once every 4yrs and gets more excited by the circus than the game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Not sure of your point... Its not an england supporter group. People of all nationalities posting in here. And if i was a colombia fan this thread would be relevant anyway? 

Why be a rude ***** and get personal instead of discuss the game? Did you watch it or just another hysterical fan that watches football once every 4yrs and gets more excited by the circus than the game. 

 

That wasn't being rude really was it? C'mon now. 

I watch every England game thanks, have done since '99. 

My point was you just seem very negative about the NT, why not enjoy last night, instead you're posting on here about supporting Sweden in the QF and cheering the goal against us last night, so you can't actually care about the England side can you? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bestbrother said:

Basically, something like he didnt feel confident or ready to take one. How they know that, idk, but its Talksport, so its gospel :D

The injury he had has now been reported, may even be a doubt for the Sweden game ... now, no one will call that source out on the utter bollocks that 'he refused to take one' - pathetic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People like Westy are not unusual amongst England football fans, just utter dread at everything so protects his feels by saying we're rubbish and everyone will beat us so when we do lose he can say 'I told you so'. Negativity is the easiest thing in the world, requires very little effort and eventually you'll be proven correct.

Also, there's a level of football fan that thinks if they say positive things about England they get lumped in with the tabloid reading 'it's coming home' types (heaven forbid a team be positive, I am sure Sweden, Croatia and Russia are!), so they can appear as though they have a real understanding of the game by not falling into such traps. It's a popular trope amongst pundits too, the ex-England international that 'isn't buying into the hype and we're actually rubbish' type thing.

If we played fantastic they'd be something else to be angry and complain about. We could win the damn thing and it'll be 'Worst World Cup winners ever lolz :D' and then every subsequent friendly defeat after that more and more ... seen it soooooooo many times.

I am sure this isn't correct at all though and 'no, no, no, I just expect more and blah blah' despite being a carbon copy of so so sooooo very many 'football fans' before him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is I bet everyone knows someone with an attitude like westy's. And invariably they're always the guy who knows nout about football and more often than not is just desperate for attention. Utterly bizarre behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've known plenty of City fans down the years who had the **** England they're full of Utd players attitude, westy is no different 

Would kill him to see a Spurs player lift the World Cup, especially the same Spurs player who has made them a more relevant football club than Arsenal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem if you don't want to support England or even actively support against them. Fine. It's your choice. But don't dress it up as it's because the style of football we play. That is a pretty lame reason (especially as we've never played good football) to not support your team. It's a good reason to not enjoy them but not to actively want them to lose. 

Westy is a contrarian. Likes to stand out and go against the crowd coz he enjoys the reaction he gets. It's as simple as that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Westy is a contrarian

 

13 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

westy is no different 

 

18 minutes ago, Robbie.Knox said:

attitude like westy's

 

2 hours ago, Razzler said:

People like Westy

Connect 4 ding ding ding. If I am a troll... I'm winning this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't confuse my comments with 'a bite' but more a very sad observation.

You can consider that a win if you like :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Connect 4 ding ding ding. If I am a troll... I'm winning this thread

Don't know what you're doing mate but it's definitely not winning :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

 

My measurement is performance over result. The performance has been terrible... Im angry

Says the guy that was tossing Wenger off after 6 years of bad performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Lol... Suppose you had nothing bad to say about your team durimg qualifications? 

If you are passionate you are happy when things go well... And angry when they dont. 

My measurement is performance over result. The performance has been terrible... Im angry

That's all perfectly understandable, but you are (or are at least pretending to be) actually cheering on whoever is playing England - that's not so understandable.

However angry I may or may not be at a team I support, I'll always want them to win. Particularly when it is the biggest competition of all and one that I may never see my team win in my lifetime.

Edited by Wigmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D

You lot are so thick sometimes. 

 

Was just thinking, Kane getting fouled on corners all the time. I don't remember him scoring many direct from the corner at Spurs. Is he actually any good at getting on the end of a corner kicks? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

:D

You lot are so thick sometimes. 

 

Was just thinking, Kane getting fouled on corners all the time. I don't remember him scoring many direct from the corner at Spurs. Is he actually any good at getting on the end of a corner kicks? 

I dunno, but he wouldn't be winning these penalties if he was still taking the corners for England :D 

(He has tapped in a couple of second balls from set pieces already this World Cup)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

 

 

 

Connect 4 ding ding ding. If I am a troll... I'm winning this thread

You're doing it with dreadful style though, I couldn't support you ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...