Round of 16: Colombia v England (19:00 BST ITV1)

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

I've just shown 3 angles of it :mad: 

Sorry, I'll go through the thread and watch every link right now :)

But yeah, there's contact, player gets no-where near the ball and fully deserves a penalty imo.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

I don’t particularly mind most of this, it just gets irksome when managers, players, press and pundits get all righteous about the dirty cheating foreigners while conveniently ignoring anything shady from the good honest Brits. 

To be fair Southgate has said something similar to the following post match like we've finally become wise to how to behave and have finally caught up, it's actually the first tournament I've seen where we have tried to get the refs attention regarding incidents or played the game as others have been doing for years and even then we were still second to Colombia in terms of dirty tactics and drawing attention.

As for the pens, Lingard was never a pen for me yet I thought Maguire got caught even if it was slight, he was stretching for the ball and got touched but was already off balance so for me that wasn't a penalty but it was never a dive either, think the ref got that spot on.

2 minutes ago, daylight said:

Christ I just realised there is no football today or tomorrow, was just checking what game the BBC was showing and nothing but tennis, feeling kinda sad. 

7 games left 

:(

24 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

risk of sounding like an even bigger troll than westy

Nah this is my foul rep preceding me here... I havent trolled, ive given my opinion of the game and why i lack the support and joy of the consensus. 

BC is captain troll but it goes largely unnoticed. 'kane one goal away from being officially better than pele'... No one has or will ever out troll that nonsense

7 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Nah this is my foul rep preceding me here... I havent trolled, ive given my opinion of the game and why i lack the support and joy of the consensus. 

BC is captain troll but it goes largely unnoticed. 'kane one goal away from being officially better than pele'... No one has or will ever out troll that nonsense

Nope BC is simply living in the moment as the rest of us are and it's a bit of hysteria Kane being better than Pele.

I didn't even know who you were before this thread so it's not reputation, it's the fact you're English and supporting everyone else but your nation and backing it up with bs like purist football.

You are a troll and are clearly very good at it as most posts are directed at you since the end of the game :applause:

6 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

I havent trolled

You're an Englishman actively supporting the opposition on some weird high horse mentality of "good football" so either you're a troll or an idiot.

Or both of course.

1 hour ago, Barry Cartman said:

https://streamable.com/r07en

How did we end up with the same amount of Yellows in all of this :D

From 50 secs on, watch all the Colombian players wrecking the penalty spot :D 

absolutely embarrassing that the ref allowed this to happen, he could have booked the entire colombian team for that

8 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

He's 1 goal away from having more goals at a World Cup than Pele, but we shouldn't count them because they weren't footage in Black and White from 50 years ago where goalies seemingly just watch tame shoots fly past them a yard away :D 

1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

where goalies seemingly just watch tame shoots fly past them a yard away :D 

Lol vs the best keepers in the world at that time. They stood still because he was mesmeric. He wasn't good enough though to score without knowing though... he should probably have stood still more with back to goal and let people kick it at his heels... then he might be as good as Kane. Back then you had to do very well to get a penalty... he was kicked to pieces without so much as a freekick... but Kane feels an arm round him and goes down and scores a few pens.... GOAT?

Yes Ospina - if we had a thread about best GK in the EPL and I said Ospina... oh yeh I'm a troll again :D 

Tunisian keeper lined up for a huge transfer after his performance? Who was the Panama keeper again?

Pele (58) scored a hatrick vs France - their GK at the time Claude Abbes of St Etienne was known as one of the best in Europe and had just won the French lg title

He scored a brace vs favorites Sweden in the final

2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Pele (58) scored a hatrick vs France - their GK at the time Claude Abbes of St Etienne was known as one of the best in Europe and had just won the French lg title

He scored a brace vs favorites Sweden in the final

I thought it wasn't about the stats, it was about the purity of football? 

It's a bit useless to compare football from that time with the game now, so much has changed. Btw, what is your point? Are you that frustrated with the fact that some people are not completely over the top in awe with the things Kane has shown so far? Don't forget there is still the game against Sweden left, and who knows what to follow. Kane has more than enough time to convince everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Marc.Foster050 said:

Some great finishes in there I'm struggling to see your point

I don't really have a point, it was him who shown the clip of Pele as some sort of reason why we shouldn't celebrate Kane's performances at the WC 

22 hours ago, Readingfanman said:

:D Such a football hipster. IF England win, I'm sure you'll be happy at least a little bit.

Looks like I might be forced to join you England fans :mad:. Sisters BF just got back from 2 weeks in Jamaica for a funeral (so luckily I've not had to discuss the WC with him yet) and now is determined to drag me to watch the England match in front of a big screen with England fans, like some of you he just can't understand/accept I'm not into the England side :(. Couldn't think of anything worse to do with my Saturday but I also know he's one of those people who simply wont take no for an answer.

34 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Because he was joking? 

22 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Looks like I might be forced to join you England fans :mad:. Sisters BF just got back from 2 weeks in Jamaica for a funeral (so luckily I've not had to discuss the WC with him yet) and now is determined to drag me to watch the England match in front of a big screen with England fans, like some of you he just can't understand/accept I'm not into the England side :(. Couldn't think of anything worse to do with my Saturday but I also know he's one of those people who simply wont take no for an answer.

I thought you were an Aussie for some reason

30 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Embrace it ;) 

Maradonna is a cheating. lying, fat Argentinian scumbag.

I don't like feeling hate towards people but I'll make an exception for this guy.

When he goes I'm more likely to fly to his very secret grave and p*** all over it than to shed a tear. 

1 minute ago, Wiggins' Young Boys said:

Just speaking to a Colombian friend of mine who lives back there now, the line out there is genuinely the Pekerman/Maradona ****. Gringo puta ref was our 12th man, Kane dived for the penalty, we're all cheats, Colombian players are heroes. amazing :applause::lol:

I would honestly be humiliated if Northern Ireland were to play as dirty as Colombia played last night, so to hear something like that doesn't give me hope for the average Colombian football fan :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Wiggins' Young Boys said:

Just speaking to a Colombian friend of mine who lives back there now, the line out there is genuinely the Pekerman/Maradona ****. Gringo puta ref was our 12th man, Kane dived for the penalty, we're all cheats, Colombian players are heroes. amazing :applause::lol:

Talk about being blinkered. 

Hopefully they don't make the next World Cup. 

54 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

I thought you were an Aussie for some reason

I am in part. My dad is Australian, all of my family on his side live in Australia, I've lived down under in the past and I often support Australia during sporting events. But then I also have an English mum, was born in Coventry and have lived most of my life in Coventry so people expect me to support England.

4 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

I am in part. My dad is Australian, all of my family on his side live in Australia, I've lived down under in the past and I often support Australia during sporting events. But then I also have an English mum, was born in Coventry and have lived most of my life in Coventry so people expect me to support England.

I don't think its that much of a leap considering you'd be expected to support England though! 

At least you're not actively cheering on England's opponents like some of my wife's colleagues are (she works for a charity where they mainly make Owen Jones look like a right wing fascist).

Pekerman's tears are incredible. Not pretending England were angels but ****ing hell to act like Colombia weren't the main instigators :D And claiming it's not a penalty it's a new level of stupidity.

Archived