Round of 16: Colombia v England (19:00 BST ITV1)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commentators such a joke. That contact on Henderson from the free-kick was minimal at best and yet they are banging on about how Henderson really felt that one and he's still down in pain, if that was a Neymar they'd be talking about him play-acting and milking it. Maybe it was a red card, but don't act as if Henderson is actually injured ffs.

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

Commentators such a joke.

I've yet to see an objective commentary team when their country is playing.

Just can't happen.

It's not even about supporting your team, which is perfectly fine, but about spewing utter nonsense on every suspicious refereeing call and situation.

2 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

You mean the English commentators??? :D 

Still completely different. If he rolled around 6 times then I'd agree.

They still have to show some degree of neutrality. Way the were talking anyone would think he nutter him once and knocked him out

He brushed his chin and Henderson went down like it was an uppercut. It maybe a red but dont overplay what it was

Just now, Wigmore said:

What a garbage half. England can’t get the ball under, Colombia can’t create **** when we give it to them.

Any chance both teams are eliminated today?

1 minute ago, james95 said:

I do think it was a red. But if a Colombian acted like that the English would be up in arms.

As I said I've had my jaw slammed shut before (mine was through a bike crash) and it sends shockwaves all through your head and cause a pretty mean headache for several minutes.

Going the same way as most recent England games. Come flying out of the blocks but if when we don't take advantage of our quick start the other team settle into the game and we look plodding and sort of ideas.

Colombia haven't offered anything though, hopefully a set piece falls our way.

2 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Commentators such a joke. That contact on Henderson from the free-kick was minimal at best and yet they are banging on about how Henderson really felt that one and he's still down in pain, if that was a Neymar they'd be talking about him play-acting and milking it. Maybe it was a red card, but don't act as if Henderson is actually injured ffs.

It was the hypocrisy of it when there was that incident between Sterling & Mina too. People who wonder why the non-English in the UK don't get behind them? It's stuff like that.

Just now, Paul Bacon said:

They still have to show some degree of neutrality. Way the were talking anyone would think he nutter him once and knocked him out

He brushed his chin and Henderson went down like it was an uppercut. It maybe a red but dont overplay what it was

ITVs approach has always been to talk up England and talk down the opposition. It’s why we always lose when we’re on ITV :D

Archived