Sports Interactive Community
Baptista_8

Match 55 - Sweden VS Switzerland - 3pm KO

Who will advance?  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will take this one?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/18 at 15:05

Deserved win for Sweden, the Swiss were surprisingly poor today

1958 all over again:

Brazil beat France in the semis, with 3 goals by Gabriel Jesus, then Gabriel Jesus scores twice in the final against Sweden. :D 

Mark Lawrenson has had a NIGHTMARE on commentary :lol: more than usual. Get the man some Lemsip.

What was the point of the penalty/VAR nonsense at the end if he’s just going to blow the whistle as soon as it’s taken anyway?

Just now, Klimowicz said:

Mark Lawrenson has had a NIGHTMARE on commentary :lol: more than usual. Get the man some Lemsip.

Lawro is so hilariously inept and against anything new. He's like UKIP gained sentience and became a football pundit.

First QF since 1994. All we had to do was rid the team of any and all star players :) (and get Janne Andersson ofc)

2002 was agnoizingly close though... can still see Anders Svensson's pirouette followed by hitting the post against Senegal. 

Edited by Lathund

Imagine the scenes if Sweden won it with Zlatan watching at home. Would be incredible. Shame we're knocking them out really...

Sweden deserved to win imo, even though the goal was rubbish as expected. :)

Heja Sverige!

696 FIFA prediction points for Yours Truly. 1-0 Sweden win, Xhaka with the most passes, Swiss with the most balls lost, and the joker.

It's coming home, it's coming... the FIFA OTF Predictor League is coming home! :D

1 minute ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Imagine the scenes if Sweden won it with Zlatan watching at home. Would be incredible. Shame we're knocking them out really...

As if England can beat Sweden :lol:

1 minute ago, mark1985 said:

What was the point of the penalty/VAR nonsense at the end if he’s just going to blow the whistle as soon as it’s taken anyway?

Because it was the wrong decision. Irrelevant how much time was left.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I had money riding on the game and the ref just shrugged his shoulders and stuck with a wrong decision.

3 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

It's the World Cup ffs not an Under 8s match. Play the game to it's conclusion rather than blow early for convenience.

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Lawro is so hilariously inept and against anything new. He's like UKIP gained sentience and became a football pundit.

Lost count the number of times he's moaned and complained about a correct decision reached through VAR. It's not even funny in a meme sense any more. Just so tiresome to listen to.

That game ended up being so awful it was truly brilliant :thup:.

Though no Lawro next time please.

I think Sweden can do a similar job on Colombia in the next round.

17 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Because it was the wrong decision. Irrelevant how much time was left.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I had money riding on the game and the ref just shrugged his shoulders and stuck with a wrong decision.

Oh yeah, I understand that. It's just funny they went through 3-4 minutes of VAR for 3-4 seconds worth of play.

17 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

It's the World Cup ffs not an Under 8s match. Play the game to it's conclusion rather than blow early for convenience.

Alright, calm down. Touch a nerve or something did I?

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

I honestly think the Swedes could go all the way, they have the most Leicester appeal about them.

Well without a Vardy type who can actually put the ball in the net! Though it's true that nobody on this side of the draw looks a lock to beat them frankly. Imagine a Sweden v Russia semi final :D.

4 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

Oh yeah, I understand that. It's just funny they went through 3-4 minutes of VAR for 3-4 seconds worth of play.

Yeah, it was amusing that he blew up seconds later tbf.

Still good to get the right outcome.

Just now, ginnybob said:

Yeah, it was amusing that he blew up seconds later tbf.

Still good to get the right outcome.

I completely understand why he did it, just funny to spend so much time checking it! Especially as I was cheering for Switzerland :(

You can tell Marcus Olsson plays for Derby County the way he bottled that 1v1 and instead got the bloke sent off at the end.

39 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Well without a Vardy type who can actually put the ball in the net! Though it's true that nobody on this side of the draw looks a lock to beat them frankly. Imagine a Sweden v Russia semi final :D.

I can genuinely see that semi happening :D I don't think anyone on this side of the draw is actually winning it (I should clarify in saying all the way) but honestly can see any of the five in that final as you've got a pair of potential chokers, 'doped' up Russians on home soil, resilient Swedes and the unpredictable Colombians. I'd say I'd fancy the Swedes if they were to win in the QF and I'm sure they can.

I won't be looking forward to playing the Swedes if we go through tonight, even if there's worse draws to ask for.

Edited by ArsenalFan7

12 minutes ago, av3ry said:

You can tell Marcus Olsson plays for Derby County the way he bottled that 1v1 and instead got the bloke sent off at the end.

It was his twin brother Martin Olsson who plays for Swansea. Marcus hasn't played for Sweden since 2012.

Edited by Maple
Corrected a glaring grammar error

1 hour ago, mark1985 said:

Yes massively :D

7 hours ago, Cedrik said:

Can't all those Scandinavian countries organise their own tournament? That way they don't have bore the world with their ****** football. 

Why dont yo go and feck yourself. Ignorant bastard. 

9 hours ago, heddy said:

Why dont yo go and feck yourself. Ignorant bastard. 

Well well, a little bit of criticism on the awful and lousy football your country plays immediately triggers you it seems. Ok, my apologies :)

On 04/07/2018 at 09:46, Cedrik said:

Well well, a little bit of criticism on the awful and lousy football your country plays immediately triggers you it seems. Ok, my apologies :)

I apologize. Had a few to many. England fully deserved their win tonight.