[FM18] From University to Champions League-now with U21 international side project!

decapitated

novemberresults.png

novembertable.png

A good month, we should top the league if we win our next match in hand (we which should)

u21appoint.png

euro_groups.png

I applied for the U-21 job after the U-21 manager got made senior Wales manager to replace Tony Pullis. The above table is how things stand in the euro quals on the same day I've taken the job. I've also been asked to interview for Carlisle, Bristol Rovers, and linked with Livingston, Clyde, and Scunthorpe, so I applied for them, I was interviewed for the Carlisle job and wasn't chosen. If I'm role playing as a broke student then any job that pays well and is of a much higher stature is worth going for. Even the Clyde job might end me up with a 400% wage increase.

• 1 month later...

I've not felt in the mood for football manager for around a month due to health issues and then going on holiday, but I've loaded up this save and played two games. Its obvious what I did in Wales isn't working. we lost in two away games to Inverness and Morton with having barely a shot on target. My Assistant Manager recommends a 4-5-1 so I'm going to research how to set up a defensive formation in that shape in the lower league. 

december2019.png

Had an improvement midway through this month when I realised my Welsh tactics didn't work in Scotland. Signed Jordan Thompson from Rangers and Fraser Murray on Hibs on loan for the season to give us more cover in the midfield now we are playng three in the centre.

jan2020.png

I got Dapo Mebude on loan from Rangers and he scored a hattrick in his first game for us.

managersupport.png

As you can imagine a 23 year old  former student from Surrey, England taking over a Scottish League team, has left the players somewhat cynical

tight_at_the_bottom.png

4 clubs at the bottom on equal points :eek:

march2020results.png

march2020table.png

We also have the first Welsh U21 games

marchwalesusquad.png

marchwalesireland.png

marchnoreland.png

A familar face from Bangor is joining me in Scotland

owensigns.png

We had a 2nd mutiny among the squad which was bigger and had several first teamers involved, but I managed to calm all of them down. I've also loaded the leagues in Portugal, Spain, France, Germany and Italy to provide more player buying options if/when I get to that level.

league_final_results.png

that final result meant Falkirk overtook Inverness to win the championship after Inverness led it ever since I took this job.

finaltable.png

playogg.png

play10.png

gallagherturnup.png

The squads playing well, but they hate me over this. The captain is refusing to sign a new deal over this and will leave in the summer.

Archived