Round of 16: Croatia vs Denmark

GunmaN1905

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rules are so wrong there. Open goal sure thing now a penalty instead! Thats bad enough but no red card is a joke? What incentive is there to play fair...of course you take him down.

For instance like that should be a penalty goal. We saw it happen to Ghana and now Croatia... A definite goal replaced by a penalty

Just now, ArsenalFan7 said:

Really does feel like Schmeichel should be at a bigger club, he's awesome.

Still only 31 which is quite young in goalkeeper years. Still got on average about 5 years left in him at the top, possible even more.

Just now, cyclonus1010 said:

Closer to the penalty spot than his goal line when he saved that !!

Thats what I dont get, if VAR can be used to make the decision.. surely that has to be looked at?

I know all keepers do it, but then that was the old excuse for shirt pulling.

Just now, westy8chimp said:

The rules are so wrong there. Open goal sure thing now a penalty instead! Thats bad enough but no red card is a joke? What incentive is there to play fair...of course you take him down.

For instance like that should be a penalty goal. We saw it happen to Ghana and now Croatia... A definite goal replaced by a penalty

Think the ref concluded he attempted to play the ball. Not sure I agree, especially not when a goal was that certain

Surely that is a red. Yeah, Jorgensen made attempt for ball however realistically he was never going to win the tackle so he got away with that. Saying that Rebic took too long and should of just tapped it in rather than dilly-daddling on the ball.

I wonder if ITV will do what they did with Suarez V Ghana and go on about how it's ended football

I don't think it was a red because he made an attempt to play the ball, rather than just hack the player down

3 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Really does feel like Schmeichel should be at a bigger club, he's awesome.

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Still only 31 which is quite young in goalkeeper years. Still got on average about 5 years left in him at the top, possible even more.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

He's got better and better, he's a brilliant keeper in his own right now.

City didn't believe in him. :brock:

Just now, Pukey said:

Genuine attempt at ball = no red, come on lads this literally happened in the fa cup final about 6 weeks ago and was discussed to death :D

6 weeks ago? I struggle to remember what happened 6 hours ago!

Just now, Pukey said:

Genuine attempt at ball = no red, come on lads this literally happened in the fa cup final about 6 weeks ago and was discussed to death :D

He still denied a certain goal and missed the ball entirely. Attempt to play the ball or not, he's stopped a 2-1 situation by taking the player out and missing the ball. 

1 minute ago, TM said:

I wonder if ITV will do what they did with Suarez V Ghana and go on about how it's ended football

I don't think it was a red because he made an attempt to play the ball, rather than just hack the player down

Fine if it was genuine.. But the penalty should have been from 2yards out with no GK then. 

Just now, daylight said:

6 weeks ago? I struggle to remember what happened 6 hours ago!

the Phil Jones tackle on Hazard in the FA Cup Final

wasn't exactly a great game so not a surprise you can't remember

1 minute ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

City didn't believe in him. :brock:

Yeah he was great in his short run in the City team and then was inexplicably dropped for Joe Hart. I never felt that was a good decision.

Just now, JDownie said:

He still denied a certain goal and missed the ball entirely. Attempt to play the ball or not, he's stopped a 2-1 situation by taking the player out and missing the ball. 

Yes but that's not the rule. 

Debate the rule if you like, but the ref has followed the letter of the law correctly.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

At least Modrić has the quality of forgetting stuff quickly, so he will probably take another pen.

Let it go, FFS! :D

Archived