Round of 16: Croatia vs Denmark

GunmaN1905

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is Knudsen's name pronounced? ITV seem to insist on calling him Ka-nudsen, but it doesn't sound right to me.

What about Jørgensen, for that matter? I've heard about three different pronunciations and would like to know which one is right (partly because my star defensive midfielder in FM13 has that name).

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

How is Knudsen's name pronounced? ITV seem to insist on calling him Ka-nudsen, but it doesn't sound right to me.

What about Jørgensen, for that matter? I've heard about three different pronunciations and would like to know which one is right (partly because my star defensive midfielder in FM13 has that name).

http://especiales.marca.com/mundial-rusia-2018/pronunciador.html :thup:

1 minute ago, Nordan said:

Well it's not Ka-nudsen, just remove the 'a' and you're good to go. :)

Jørgensen is straight forward too, the ø is similarly pronounced to the English 'i' in words like bird, first.

Or like Jurgen

2 minutes ago, Nordan said:

Jørgensen is straight forward too, the ø is similarly pronounced to the English 'i' in words like bird, first.

Here they tend to pronounce the 'Jør' part like the English word 'Your'. :thdn: 

3 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Here they tend to pronounce the 'Jør' part like the English word 'Your'. :thdn: 

I think that's how Al Jourgensen's name mutated because he's originally from Cuba so may have changed spelling in line with the Hispanic pronunciation.

EDIT oh wait he legally changed his name to that after his mother remarried, he was born Alejandro Ramirez Casas.

Are Croatia playing wingbacks? 

Denmark are doing a tactical job on nullifying their wide areas. Modric and Rakatik are nowhere to be seen too. 

Denmark might just do this. Croatia need to turn up quick! 

@Nordan does the ø in Nordic languages work the same way as ö in Germanic languages? Like, would it be expanded to an oe sound (like Özil becomes Oezil)? Just wondering cos I know of a Danish band called Møl but they put their Twitter tag as @moeldk

4 minutes ago, Nordan said:

I meant in writing.

Sounds like the 'o' in words like more, core etc.

Yeah I just found a video of the only person with an Å in their name that I know, Mikael Åkerfeldt, saying his name. It's pronounced like Orkerfeldt.

(My only reference points for foreign names come from metal bands ok)

Archived