Round of 16: Uruguay vs Portugal

PaulHartman71

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uruguay subs haven't helped their ability to counter. Rodríguez, Stuani and Carlos Sánchez all slow. Slower than the players they replaced. There's a third for Uruguay on the break, but won't get there with these guys + Suárez refusing to move away from the halfway line

1 minute ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Godin's doing a Cannovaro 2006.

Golden ball winner there. Has been immense in every game. 

No way they give it to a defender. It'll be whichever finalist has the highest scorer probably :thdn:

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, he's been great considering he's more of a wide midfielder or wingback. Never played fullback at this level.

Who does he play for? Can't say I've ever heard his name before the WC.

Very good player by the looks of it though. 

13 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Haha! 

Not a big fan of Neymar as an individual then? 

No, I am not, he is a superb player when he wants and we haven't had a player as talented as Neymar in a long time (I think he is more talented than the Ronaldos, Romário, etc) but he is too much of a modern kind of star off the pitch and too selfish on the pitch.

Best team won but I feel a bit tight on Portugal.  Feel it could of been a pen from Godin in the 85th minute.  Just barges the player over but "there isn't enough in it"?  Oh and that was a foul where Ronaldo got booked for complaining as well.

Uruguay are bloody good at the back though, I gotta say.

5 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Godin's doing a Cannovaro 2006.

Golden ball winner there. Has been immense in every game. 

Cannavaro did win the Ballon'd'Or that year, but IIRC Zidane got the Golden Ball of the tournament. The player is chosen before the final, so that's why Zizou won :D 

Similar thing happened in 2002, where Ronaldo won the Ballon'd'Or that year, but it was Kahn who won the Golden ball of the tournament

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

No, I am not, he is a superb player when he wants and we haven't had a player as talented as Neymar in a long time (I think he is more talented than the Ronaldos, Romário, etc) but he is too much of a modern kind of star off the pitch and too selfish on the pitch.

I'm not sure about better than R9 Ronaldo! Greatest striker of all time for me. 

2 minutes ago, PMLF said:

What? More talented than Ronaldo? Blasphemy.

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

Hardly one man teams when both of them were terrible.

Well, I didn't say those one-man teams worked out. :D

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

I'm not sure about better than R9 Ronaldo! Greatest striker of all time for me. 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

What? More talented than Ronaldo? Blasphemy.

Well, I didn't say those one-man teams worked out. :D

Neymar is a much more complete player, better technique too, but also is a bigger idiot...

Archived