Sports Interactive Community
Ackter

Would Argentina have been better without Messi?

1 hour ago, Cyp said:

About sweden, don't they also have a rather good generation that is coming to maturity?

They won the U21 euro in 2015, and have good young players.

That tournament was mainly won (deservedly) on defensive organization and physicality, rather than great technique or creativity. No surprise the 2 current starters from that team are defenders and the others didn't progress much.

5 ore fa, Cedrik ha scritto:

Icardi

Icardi in the current setup is as useful as a fork to eat soup...

Unless he has someone to give him the ball in the box (the closer to the goal, the better), he's a wasted spot in the starting XI... Maybe the next generation will compliment his playing style, but currently he'd be of little use.
Like Higuain basically, but even worse.

You're constantly twisting words here and there. In this way the discussion is going nowhere, let's agree to disagree concerning this matter, although I'm doubtful you even got my initial points :)

Yes I didn't get your original point because, frankly, you're the one keeping on moving the goalposts with tiny differences in meaning that don't really change the core of the discussion.

If asking "would Argentina have been better without Messi" is a pretty straightforward question that doesn't allow for much "interpretation".

Also, if you're not a manager and don't want to list names or a potential alternative setup, what's the point in asking the question? If I say "CR7 is bad for Portugal", it's obvious, at least to me, I have something in mind that IMO could word better. Which would be up for debate, but it wouldn't be just a hypothetical, vague statement.

Icardi

Icardi in the current setup is as useful as a fork to eat soup...

Unless he has someone to give him the ball in the box (the closer to the goal, the better), he's a wasted spot in the starting XI... Maybe the next generation will compliment his playing style, but currently he'd be of little use.

You're constantly twisting words here and there. In this way the discussion is going nowhere, let's agree to disagree concerning this matter, although I'm doubtful you even got my initial points :)

Yes I didn't get your original point because, frankly, you're the one keeping on moving the goalposts with tiny differences in meaning that don't really change the core of the discussion.

If asking "would Argentina have been better without Messi" is a pretty straightforward question that doesn't allow for much "interpretation".

Also, if you're not a manager and don't want to list names or a potential alternative setup, what's the point in asking the question? If I say "CR7 is bad for Portugal", it's obvious, at least to me, I have something in mind that IMO could word better. Which would be up for debate, but it wouldn't be just a hypothetical, vague statement.

21 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

Higuain had two sitters against Nigera.

Icardi would score at least one.

As we've seen one played wouldn't be able to improve their plan, at least Icardi is the guy who could score your typical goal out of nowhere, from some deflection, a long cross or such.

And at least he would open up some space for Messi.

1 ora fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Higuain had two sitters against Nigera.

Icardi would score at least one.

As we've seen one played wouldn't be able to improve their plan, at least Icardi is the guy who could score your typical goal out of nowhere, from some deflection, a long cross or such.

And at least he would open up some space for Messi.

Any half-decent striker would have scored at least one of the sitters Higuain squandered...

I'd have personally picked Icardi instead of Higuain, but Argentina's problems couldn't be solved by that kind of player.