Sports Interactive Community
Rob1981

Round of 16: France v Argentina (1500BST)

Just now, nico_france said:

My beloved French team :applause:

Brazil vs France in the semis is going to be a great game! :cool: :D 

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Big shame that the Uruguay Portugal match is going to be a shitfest. 

I thought this game would have been dire too. Maybe we will be surprised (I doubt it). 

Edited by JDownie

à l’instant, PMLF a dit :

Brazil vs France in the semis is going to be a great game! :cool: :D 

If we make it till there hopefully !

It's a bit annoying that commentators and experts treat Mbappe being really good as a major shock and surprise, he's the 2nd most expensive player of all time. He should be brilliant ffs.

Griezmann having an absolute go at Lucas for making a forward run and demanding he got back in defence when they were 2 goals up made me laugh. He's clearly been spending way too much time around Simeone :D.

2 minutes ago, Maple said:

It's a bit annoying that commentators and experts treat Mbappe being really good as a major shock and surprise, he's the 2nd most expensive player of all time. He should be brilliant ffs.

Exactly, he's been doing this for two years now. 

As French you cant imagine my feelings now :D

I wish you guys enjoyed that Game even more than me cause you did not have all the stress part that i have while we were 1 goal down

Best Game in this cm so far i assume

13 minutes ago, nico_france said:

As French you cant imagine my feelings now :D

I wish you guys enjoyed that Game even more than me cause you did not have all the stress part that i have while we were 1 goal down

Best Game in this cm so far i assume

Pensez-vous que Les Bleus peuvent gagner la Coupe ?

22 minutes ago, Maple said:

the BBC should just call him "new global star" after evey game now

il y a 6 minutes, Heartwork a dit :

Pensez-vous que Les Bleus peuvent gagner la Coupe ?

Nice french mate :applause:

We can be really good as you could see it today, but according me our lack of personality is a real issue to get the trophy

We will at least enjoy one more game, hoping for 2 mores :)

Edited by nico_france

Choose today to go looking for a new family tent and camping stuff, thought I would be gone about 2 hours, was gone for 5 hours and missed the match!

Camping holiday cancelled, **** it!

il y a 45 minutes, Marc Albrighton a dit :

Terrible teammates or no there cant be anyone that is not completely disappointed with Messi's tournament, completely underwhelmed. 

he wasn't THAT bad. Today he as 2 assists + created Argentina best chance...against Nigeria he as one goal.

Of course then there is his missed penalty against Iceland, but he isn't the only star player to have missed a penalty (Ronaldo missed one against Iran, and that could have costed the qualification if Iran had scored on their only/last chance...)...

For a player with this qualities that is not good enough in four matches. We all understand that there are many factors that make it difficult for him to perform, but it's useless to constantly exculpate him of any fault. Even in this team he should be able to a little bit better than he did this tournament. 

41 minutes ago, Cyp said:

he wasn't THAT bad. Today he as 2 assists + created Argentina best chance...against Nigeria he as one goal.

Of course then there is his missed penalty against Iceland, but he isn't the only star player to have missed a penalty (Ronaldo missed one against Iran, and that could have costed the qualification if Iran had scored on their only/last chance...)...

Well you argued against your own point there in the second sentence and yes technically 2 assists todfay but come on the Mercado one was hardly an assist. He scored that wonder goal but was completely anonymous the rest of the time. You simply expect more.

Yes,  as you said he should do "a little bit better"...

But honestly, all these talk about him were like he played like trash or was dreadful...i think too much is expected of him (by fans, neutrals and more importantly teammates too)

Edited by Cyp

If Ronaldo can perform in a bang average Portugal team so can Messi with Argentina.

51 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

If Ronaldo can perform in a bang average Portugal team so can Messi with Argentina.

One team has a gameplan and sets up to their strengths, the other is a complete shambles. 

6 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

One team has a gameplan and sets up to their strengths, the other is a complete shambles. 

Agree. I don't think Cristiano Ronaldo would look any better at Argentina given his reliance on service.

Likewise I think the current Portugal side would need tweaks for Messi to perform. I don't think it gets the best out of Cristiano Ronaldo either (no fault of his), he's just been a bit more fortunate with the fine margins in the past so people view them differently.

Edited by EnterUsernameHere

Argentina will now have to eventually move on from Messi.... they moved on from Maradona. Same for Portugal because as fit as Ronaldo is... he can't last forever.