Sports Interactive Community
Hackett4

Fm2018 mobile won't launch on S8/Android

Hello, I've just bought this off the play store and just can't get it to do anything. All I get is a blank grey screen. I've tried uninstalling it etc but nothing. Any help appreciated.

My device is an Moto Z i am trying to run the game. I recently downloaded it and it just shows me a grey screen when opening. I deleted and redownloaded the game, still the same problem. I also restarted a couple times and it hasn't fixed the issue. Is there anything else i need to try?

I have same problem. I am on a Samsung Galaxy S6, running on os android 7.0 Have just bought the game yesterday and unable to run it. Just blank grey screen every time I open it :(

2 hours ago, James Akintayo said:

Hi, Are any of you running antivirus software on your phones?

If so can you try temporarily disabling it, then launching the app?

Also @Micaelis what device and OS version are you using?

@parker111@Hackett4 what OS are you guys on?

Am using xiaomi redmi note 4 MIUI 9 android 6.0.

Bought the game couple of month ago, and been playing ever since without any problems. 

Yesterday i cleaned my phone and reinstalled everything, and since that it didn't work. There was no update from MIUI or other hardware updates, so have no idea what the problem might be. 

Also no antivirus 

Edited by Micaelis

Same problem. 

I bought the game a couple days ago and i still could play yesterday.

But when i open the game today, it is a blank grey screen.

Is there anyone who can help me to solve these problems? Thx.

This is currently under investigation and we are looking for a solution.

In the mean time can anyone experiencing this problem please provide us with your device and OS version info, thank you.

2 分钟前, James Akintayo说:

In the mean time can anyone experiencing this problem please provide us with your device and OS version info, thank you.

Mine is Samsung V20 and android v.7.0.

Thx James.

16 minutes ago, James Akintayo said:

Samsung S9

Andriod 8.0.0

Thanks for your patience so far. :) We're looking to get this resolved as soon as we can.

We believe this may be occurring due to a very recent update to the Google Play Market. So far we've only reproduced this on devices running 10.7.18. If you could verify that is the case for you as well, it would be much appreciated. :)

If you're not sure how to check this open up Google Play, hit the menu button -> Settings and scroll to the bottom for Play Store version.

It seems like this could be an issue with the Google Market update itself as it seems a number of paid apps have been affected by this over the last couple of days.

If you can we'd recommend rolling back to an earlier version of the Google Play store, or else we might just have to sit tight and wait for Google to release an update that fixes this.

In Settings, go to Apps (or Application Manager as it might be called), find Google Play Store and then select 'Uninstall updates' should reset the Google Play store to the original version on your device.

9 minutes ago, :))))))) said:

Thank you, the game works when i uninstall the updates

Fantastic news! 

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. This came as a bit of a nasty surprise to us here, too!

We just have to hope Google get a fix out as soon as possible. 

2 hours ago, Jamie King said:

In Settings, go to Apps (or Application Manager as it might be called), find Google Play Store and then select 'Uninstall updates' should reset the Google Play store to the original version on your device.

I have a Huawei p10 lite and I am unable to uninstall updates on google play services.

When will I be able to play the game again without uninstalling updates? 

4 hours ago, Jamie King said:

Working again.

Thanks a lot Jamie :)

13 hours ago, Milan21 said:

I have a Huawei p10 lite and I am unable to uninstall updates on google play services.

When will I be able to play the game again without uninstalling updates? 

Google have apparently pushed out a 10.7.19 for their Play Store, which should solve the issue. If this hasn't been rolled out on your phone yet -  you can download and manually update the Play Store yourself by downloading an APK here.

Hope this helps. :)